British Speedway Forum

The moment when the Worky backstraight fans goaded you with thats 'why were champions' and you took the fight up on your own by grabbing your shirt and returning the same song was memorable.

BTW any idea why the backstraight fans were singing that song.had they won something or have they a premonition i have asked around but nobody seems to know :wink:

That's where I was, pretty close to the bar in front of some loud Worky fans and amid a load of Monarchs fans ..... A couple of young Scottish gentlemen standing directly behind us attempted to goad me as I was the only visible Rockets supporter on view ..... Luckily I couldn't understand much they were saying, but even if I could I have way too much class to respond to their childish antics :approve:

Sometimes you gotta know when to shut up, a lesson some forum members clearly haven't mastered ;)

Edited by Shadders

would of thought there would be about that if not more at peterborough infact make your own mind up with this youtube clip.

Not a bad rider that Brian Havelock. :lol:

why, why ,why did all those away supporters turn up for the fours knowing they didnt have a cat in hells chance of winning the meeting,.. did they just turn up to see who finished 2nd/3rd/4th..it wasnt a nailed on thing that worky would win the meeting, anything could have happened.

someone mentioned on here that the home team should be stripped of their top two heatleaders , so as to give the other teams a chance.

that almost happened last year when nermark was injured, stoney was injured, but still rode and we had haines and wright in the team. guess what....we still won it.

yes , lets move it to a central track, one that everyone has easy acess to and while we are at it why dont we run it at the START of the season when all the clubs have built up their teams. this could be done by taking the top 8 teams with the highest averages and put them straight into the semis on a track 100% neutral.

thay way the club that gets CHOSEN/AWARDED to stage the event has enough time to prepare .

workington............. winners of the four t.t. winners of the pairs..........winners of the p.l.r.c.... ALL ON AWAY TRACKS..... and while on the subject..winners of the young shield away at berwick..... who gives a monkey what form of speedway it is , as long as its in towns n citys around g.b. ....... go and support it, cos one day it wont be there..

STOP BEING A BUNCH OF FARIES AND JUST LIVE WITH THE GOOD TEAMS AND THE BAD TEAMS.

there was OVER 3,000 fans at worky on saturday to SUPPORT THEIR TEAMS..

3,000 FANS CANT BE WRONG.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sick to death of reading home advantage and the like. comets won it . live with it.

the one thing that does require addressing is the state of the track. if you were a neutral fan , and was there did you notice. that later on in the meeting the racing was more competitive, i think early on the racing is just to fast when riders are doing 63 or 64 second laps the racing is processional. but later when the times went to 65. 66 second laps ther was a lot of better closer racing. i think derwent park is to fast acircuit. i would put more shale on it. plenty water keep the times to around 66 seconds and there would be alot better racing.

Very fast time from Wethers.

Can be very quick some times Stormy.

I'd prefer to see the 4TT final at Peterborough even though it would be further for me to travel.

And I would LOVE to see the qualifiers reintroduced. They were a highlight of any season.

why, why ,why did all those away supporters turn up for the fours knowing they didnt have a cat in hells chance of winning the meeting,.. did they just turn up to see who finished 2nd/3rd/4th..it wasnt a nailed on thing that worky would win the meeting, anything could have happened.

someone mentioned on here that the home team should be stripped of their top two heatleaders , so as to give the other teams a chance.

that almost happened last year when nermark was injured, stoney was injured, but still rode and we had haines and wright in the team. guess what....we still won it.

yes , lets move it to a central track, one that everyone has easy acess to and while we are at it why dont we run it at the START of the season when all the clubs have built up their teams. this could be done by taking the top 8 teams with the highest averages and put them straight into the semis on a track 100% neutral.

thay way the club that gets CHOSEN/AWARDED to stage the event has enough time to prepare .

workington............. winners of the four t.t. winners of the pairs..........winners of the p.l.r.c.... ALL ON AWAY TRACKS..... and while on the subject..winners of the young shield away at berwick..... who gives a monkey what form of speedway it is , as long as its in towns n citys around g.b. ....... go and support it, cos one day it wont be there..

STOP BEING A BUNCH OF FARIES AND JUST LIVE WITH THE GOOD TEAMS AND THE BAD TEAMS.

there was OVER 3,000 fans at worky on saturday to SUPPORT THEIR TEAMS..

3,000 FANS CANT BE WRONG.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they didnt win the pairs this year and they won the 4 t t on their own track for the last two years, and the young shield is a double headed affair, you did the damage on your own track as you certainly did not win at berwick, so explain how you won these things on away tracks, yes the pairs last year but that was all

Edited by Warm&Cosy

they didnt win the pairs this year and they won the 4 t t on their own track for the last two years, and the young shield is a double headed affair, you did the damage on your own track as you certainly did not win at berwick, so explain how you won these things on away tracks, yes the pairs last year but that was all

and i thort i had issues :wink:

peterborough is not in workington, sheffield is not in workington, newport is not in workington, as is berwick. but we lifted the cup at berwick. therefore we won over 2 legs .

didnt say that all this happened this year.

i would like to say i am sorry for misleading any poster on here, but im not.

Pairs at Newport I think, could have been Stoney and Werner ? :unsure:

4s on Sky at Peterborough.

Correct WJM it was Werner and Stoney who won the pairs on a neutral track.

Yeah, we won the fours on a neutral track at Peterborough and took it home. As far as I know its been there since.

Quite what sour grapes the snivvelers spat then has slipped my mind

Edited by shady

i dont think anybodys disputing how good workington are or complaining that the track isnt fair but they think its time for a change to a neutral venue.

i love my visits to worky as most of their fans are very friendly apart from the odd one who throws pints at you for singing.

as ive said previous peterboroughs always been the 4tt spiritual home in my book but if there was no way to get it back there maybe the host club whoever it maybe should not be included in the competition ? just another idea to throw in

I think anyone who vaguely knows anything about speedway knew that for Workington not to win, they would have had to cock up majorly somewhere. I can't speak for the rest of the travelling supporters, but I went hoping to see some good racing at what I believe is the best meeting of the season. I absolutely love the format of the fours, and no doubt I will be going again next year (if KL qualify) - no matter where it is. However, I do feel that there would be a lot more support at a neutral track.

Back to the original quote, my thoughts before the meeting were that I was going to cheer my team on for a runner up spot... as it happened we didn't even get past round 1 :neutral:

I think anyone who vaguely knows anything about speedway knew that for Workington not to win, they would have had to cock up majorly somewhere. I can't speak for the rest of the travelling supporters, but I went hoping to see some good racing at what I believe is the best meeting of the season. I absolutely love the format of the fours, and no doubt I will be going again next year (if KL qualify) - no matter where it is. However, I do feel that there would be a lot more support at a neutral track.

Back to the original quote, my thoughts before the meeting were that I was going to cheer my team on for a runner up spot... as it happened we didn't even get past round 1 :neutral:

To be fair though things may have been different if you had Ward & Eklof.

Well done to Workington for winning it and Well done to the Bandits for making the final and going by Sarah's update it seems that we deserved a podium finish but never mind.

Personally I'm not to fussed where the 4s are held, although I would prefer if it was in Berwick :wink: I think we would put on a good show and I hope the promotion attempt to get it.

Well done to Workington for winning it and Well done to the Bandits for making the final and going by Sarah's update it seems that we deserved a podium finish but never mind.

Personally I'm not to fussed where the 4s are held, although I would prefer if it was in Berwick :wink: I think we would put on a good show and I hope the promotion attempt to get it.

I would support that, I think the Berwick track and new promotion deserve a national event, I would travel across to see the Comets lift the title again :wink: