British Speedway Forum

watching a replay of the crash Nickis front wheel is wobbling violently or even buckled way before impact - was this also a cause of the crash? Very odd

His front wheel got hit by Laguta's footrest and thats the only reason for the wobble, quite frankly it was a hard race and I'm suprised Nicki wasn't excluded as he could have shut off being behind and may have done better cutting back under Laguta.

Overall, a great display by the Russians and the race off meeting should be tight with Sweden, Denmark, Great Britain and Poland or Australia in.

To be totally honest this guy was in front and you ride where you wanna ride when your in front. Why wouldnt he close a gap - he doesnt want to get passed - this is racing.

Nicki dives for gaps that arent theyre and seems to get himself into trouble. The gap was there and it was closed.

I cant really see how Laguta could do it on purpose unless he has eyes in the back of his head.

I thought it was a racing situation where really both could be at fault and would be either a double exclusion or both back in the replay.

That's how I saw the situation. Laguta never looked for Nicki so there was no malice yet did seem to leave him little room - but that's racing. Could have gone either way.. but Nicki can't say the referees are against him now :rolleyes:

Oh my :o

Enjoyed the meeting. Some good racing, close scores and a totally unexpected result. Good stuff, the only downer being Nicki P pulling out, made the meeting poorer IMO and I wish him a speedy recovery.

As for the crash, I have to say that whilst the reserve system is open to serious abuse, it is something that needs looking at. Nicki's carted off in an ambulance after a bad crash and Denmark have to run with no rider? Might be the rules, but that's poor IMO.

As for the Russians, just what do you say. Sayfutdinov as you'd expect was brilliant, the rest all did a great job in backing him up. Once again "Laguta the Scooter" (copyright Tony Millard :D) impressed me :D but he wasn't the only one. Had a decent team but somehow they pulled together and were the best on the night and it was a fully deserved victory. Saturday should be interesting indeed and the Danes and Swedes going to the race-offs is a simply mouth-watering prospect when the Aussies or Poles will be there aswell, barring anything untoward.

its about time that speedway supporters reconised that there is other countries aswell as denmark, sweden and great britan.it does speedway good to see other countrys doing well instead of seeing the same old boring speedway.as for nikki pedersens crash he tried to go where no man should have gone/

Edited by AndyM

The crash was just a racing incident Nothing dirty.

Comgrats to Russians!! That was a surprise!!

I thoroughly enjoyed that. Well played to the Russians, excellent all round display.

The amount of ability Sayfutdinov has just continues to amaze, he's mustard!

No malice in the Laguta/Pedersen incident but it does demonstrate how desperately this system needs team reserves. I would limit them to 3 rides max, use at any time.

Edited by frigbo

Great performance from the Russians, some great gating plus also passing from behind when needed.

Regarding the crash, Laguta was right to be excluded but it was racing accident. Pedersen would have closed the door exactly the same way if he had been in front. Just unfortunate he got his front wheel stuck on Lagutas footrest.

And they are the riders who won't make it as world champion.

Nicki wasn't unfair or dirty - he was just commited to trying to win the race.

Totally agree that there should be reserves or the other riders should be able to take Nicki's ride.Seems ridiculous that the Russian was excluded yet Denmark weren't given a chance to score in the re-run.

to be world champion you also have to avoid injury...... even a Neilsen special slide off can result in injury...... its been a dangerous game he has been playing

all that said hopefully his injuries are not too serious

Incredible performance by the Russians and a pretty good meeting all told with some interesting lines and decent racing

Mr Snapper..... i'm interested how much of that you felt was team spirit and how much was machinery? There is no doubt that the Russians' tails were up but imo the machinery was bang on right from the start....... and once again Emil's machinery was head and shoulders above anyone else

That's how I saw the situation. Laguta never looked for Nicki so there was no malice yet did seem to leave him little room - but that's racing. Could have gone either way.. but Nicki can't say the referees are against him now :rolleyes:

Oh my :o

Enjoyed the meeting. Some good racing, close scores and a totally unexpected result. Good stuff, the only downer being Nicki P pulling out, made the meeting poorer IMO and I wish him a speedy recovery.

As for the crash, I have to say that whilst the reserve system is open to serious abuse, it is something that needs looking at. Nicki's carted off in an ambulance after a bad crash and Denmark have to run with no rider? Might be the rules, but that's poor IMO.

As for the Russians, just what do you say. Sayfutdinov as you'd expect was brilliant, the rest all did a great job in backing him up. Once again "Laguta the Scooter" (copyright Tony Millard :D) impressed me :D but he wasn't the only one. Had a decent team but somehow they pulled together and were the best on the night and it was a fully deserved victory. Saturday should be interesting indeed and the Danes and Swedes going to the race-offs is a simply mouth-watering prospect when the Aussies or Poles will be there aswell, barring anything untoward.

Agree with you, but have all Russians suddenly got bikes that quick??

To be totally honest this guy was in front and you ride where you wanna ride when your in front. Why wouldnt he close a gap - he doesnt want to get passed - this is racing.

Nicki dives for gaps that arent theyre and seems to get himself into trouble. The gap was there and it was closed.

I cant really see how Laguta could do it on purpose unless he has eyes in the back of his head.

I thought it was a racing situation where really both could be at fault and would be either a double exclusion or both back in the replay.

i agree with you 100 pre cent snapper.niki is a racer and doesnt do himself justice with his reputation he has done worse then the russian has done to numerous top guys and thought nothing of it.

I thoroughly enjoyed that. Well played to the Russians, excellent all round display.

The amount of ability Sayfutdinov has just continues to amaze, he's mustard!

No malice in the Laguta/Pedersen incident but it does demonstrate how desperately this system needs team reserves. I would limit them to 3 rides max, use at any time.

Agree....... Team reserves are a must and 3 rides would stop any team trying to gain by naming one of their top riders.

Thought this meeting was pretty good and well done to Russia. But why was Emil the only russian not to be in team Kevlars?

Well that was a turn up for the books................hope that Nicki is not to badly hurt and is back racing soon................

The Russians seem to be feeding off Emil's success..................the best Russian team since the 70's I think.................the only thing is that it makes GB's path to the final harder if we make the play offs (no reason why we shouldn't but life is full of ifs and buts)

RP

I sincerely hope you are joking!!! Nicki Pedersen is behind the Russian rider going for a gap that is closing rapidly, the sensible thing to do would of been to turn the throttle forward to reduce the speed and cut inside. Or if you are serious in your comments then you are as thick as Nicki Pedersen in thinking that the throttle only goes one way.

After almost forty years of watching speedway their now seems to be a lot of fans who don't know anything about a speedway bike or a riders positioning on the track.

Nicki Pedersen cost his nation a fair crack at a direct place in the world cup final.

END OF RANT!!! :mad:

Edited by AndyM