British Speedway Forum

its about time that speedway supporters reconised that there is other countries aswell as denmark, sweden and great britan.it does speedway good to see other countrys doing well instead of seeing the same old boring speedway.as for nikki pedersens crash he tried to go where no man should have gone/

Don't worry about Blazeaway's comment. He's Niki's No.1 Fan :lol:

After almost forty years of watching speedway their now seems to be a lot of fans who don't know anything about a speedway bike or a riders positioning on the track.

Isn't there a "gentlemans" agreement that the rider in front will leave a bit of room if there is a quicker rider behind. Perhaps Nicki wrongly assumed he would leave a bit and didn't.

Great performance by Russia tonight.

Good to see another speedway nation in the mix .

Now how about the Brits showing the same fighting spirit on monday .

then you are as thick as Nicki Pedersen in thinking that the throttle only goes one way.

Nicki Pedersen cost his nation a fair crack at a direct place in the world cup final.

Utter utter twit.

So ban me.....

Was anyone watching the live streaming on russian tv tonight....The comentators were actually laughing at the pictures of nikki being taken in the ambulance :mad:

Utter utter twit.

So ban me.....

For what? ;)

Tbh pedersen was squeezed by the russki picking grip and drifting a bit but pedersen was in no mans land and had the russki held his line, Pedersen was heading nowhere bar the fence. But he has always done that now he isnt getting the breaks, and for sure the Russki's aint going to be scared of the likes of Pedersen anymore.

Was anyone watching the live streaming on russian tv tonight....The comentators were actually laughing at the pictures of nikki being taken in the ambulance :mad:

how do you know that was what they were laughing at?

Isn't there a "gentlemans" agreement that the rider in front will leave a bit of room if there is a quicker rider behind. Perhaps Nicki wrongly assumed he would leave a bit and didn't.

No it does not matter one jot who is behind, the rider chasing must pass the rider in front cleanly either on the inside or round the boards. Riders can as you call it "shut the door" but not put another rider through the fence by deviating off his chosen racing line. IMO the russian rider did not move off his line and Nicki Pedersen went for a gap that was not there, as is the Danish tradition first started by Ole Olsen and carried on remarkably well by Hans Nielsen and now Nicki Pedersen.

For what? ;)

Tbh pedersen was squeezed by the russki picking grip and drifting a bit but pedersen was in no mans land and had the russki held his line, Pedersen was heading nowhere bar the fence. But he has always done that now he isnt getting the breaks, and for sure the Russki's aint going to be scared of the likes of Pedersen anymore.

*Yawn*

We all know You hate Pedersen, but give it a rest. Nikki might be a hard rider, but he doesn't deserve the continual snidy remarks every time he has a crash which is not his fault (unless you are a referee obviously). I get totally pissed off by the continual snidy remarks about Nikki in here. You don't get to be world champion by being a dirty/crap rider. Give the guy a break, he was a bloody hard rider when he started out, but he has matured into a true world champion. I don't give a rubbish what anyone else thinks about him, I just hope he is ok, & bounces back to win a few more world titles. If England had a few Nikki Pedersen's in their team we wouldn't be turning up at Peterborough as also rans, scratching round for third place. :angry:

Whoever was at fault, I just hope Nicki makes a quick recovery.

What a performance by Russia! Didn't see that coming to be honest, let's hope our lads are inspired.

Maybe they cheated and had oversized engines! :wink:

well certainly suprised with the russians espcially povashny looked very very good :) , but was such a shame about nicki's crash may have changed the meeting around a bit.

It also doesn't look good for the brits now (well didn't look good to begin with). we have no chance in the race off (well my opinion) but with the line up looking like denmark and sweden with most likely gb and austraillia so i doubt we have any chance of getting into the final :(

reckon we've had a prime example of why we should have #6 riders or #5 riders are able to have extra heats

It does seem to go against any semblance of natural justice that a team can be responsible (as in the referee excludes the rider) for an incident that has the end result of a team losing a rider for the rest of the meeting, whilst the team that caused the loss can, after the one race exclusion, keep riding at full strenght.

In league matches I've often thought it unfair that the top rider can only be replaced by a reserve in those circumstances, but better than nothing.

Why not allow them to use rider replacement - with everyone entitled to take one extra ride?