British Speedway Forum

you must listen

Do you expect people to be able to understand Russian? Only part I understand are the two danish commentators you hear in the background but they aren't saying anything funny. I think most of us are going to need a translation.

looks awful. Get well soon Nicki.

Can't understand why he never carried on :lol:

Snapper what do you think should be worn, titanium body armour? There isnt much that would of stopped that kind of heat burning through.

Looks nasty hope he is ok soon.

Can't understand why he never carried on :lol:

Probably because he was tyred :wink::lol:

Snapper what do you think should be worn, titanium body armour? There isnt much that would of stopped that kind of heat burning through.

Looks nasty hope he is ok soon.

Dude as a racer myself I wear full undersuit - which helps prevent severity of such injuries - it reinforces what Neil Machin wrote at the start of the season in the Speedway Star about race suits - and that they do not provide adequate protection compared to leathers with regards to friction burns.

I highlight the point that a lot of riders dont wear such protection and really should. I personally would never skimp on protection.

Last season Andreas Messing suffered the same type of burns - and this was because he didnt wear protection under his suit (apart from upper body armour and knee pads.)

After the injury we went out and got him some leggings.

Snyper it seems you have a real dislike for me at the moment and I dont appreciate how critical you are to my comments - this is a forum for opinions, there is no need to make personal remarks.

Edited by snapper-racing.co.uk

Snapper you're talking nonesense i dont even know you so cannot have a personal issue with you.

As for the protection its all down to personal preference and even an under suit would not of stopped him receiving some sort of nasty burns. Its like the neck braces, some will say riders are stupid to race without them but its all down to how a rider feels comfortable.

Edited by Snyper1010

Snapper you're talking nonesense i dont even know you so cannot have a personal issue with you.

As for the protection its all down to personal preference and even an under suit would not of stopped him receiving some sort of nasty burns. Its like the neck braces, some will say riders are stupid to race without them but its all down to how a rider feels comfortable.

Im not talking nonsense at all - your making personal attacks at every single one of my posts

You seem to hate the fact I have knowledge from experience Id like to pass on via the forum to answer questions.

Have you ridden and wore this stuff???? or even have any knowledge of it???

An under suit - i.e cotton leggings would have prevented the severity of burns.

It does state in British rules that a full undersuit should be worn with race suits without liners - many think adequate protection is just a back protector.

With regards to neck braces - a friend of mine shattered his collarbone wearing a neck brace - theyre not full developed for speedway at the moment, and riders like Bjarne Pedersen for example stopped wearing them.

Even in the SCB rules it says that it is at a riders risk to wear them.

It would be great for this sort of protection but there are a lot of problems that need ironing out first.

What gets me Snapper is the way you go around the forum and post your word like it is that of a god. You make claims about riders habits and styles without having any sort of prrof to back it up. We all have an opinion but no one thinks theirs is the be all and end all as much as you seem to.

Im not getting into the who "have you ever been on a bike" argument that always seems to crop up when a debate takes place.

Nicki was stuck for a long time (in speedway terms) even cotton leggings would of taken a hell of a beating and would no doubt of been burnt right through. So i doubt it would of saved much of the injuries sustained.

Im not talking nonsense at all - your making personal attacks at every single one of my posts

You seem to hate the fact I have knowledge from experience Id like to pass on via the forum to answer questions.

Have you ridden and wore this stuff???? or even have any knowledge of it???

An under suit - i.e cotton leggings would have prevented the severity of burns.

It does state in British rules that a full undersuit should be worn with race suits without liners - many think adequate protection is just a back protector.

With regards to neck braces - a friend of mine shattered his collarbone wearing a neck brace - theyre not full developed for speedway at the moment, and riders like Bjarne Pedersen for example stopped wearing them.

Even in the SCB rules it says that it is at a riders risk to wear them.

It would be great for this sort of protection but there are a lot of problems that need ironing out first.

I would imagine they are like car seat belts. In most incidents they will assist in saving the wearer from more serious injuries but on the odd occasion due to their design they could create greater injuries than without, so I guess like seat belts they are a calculated risks which is usually more beneficial than not. But I am only surmising generally. BTW Chris, its said that Barry Sheene 'invented' the back protector as we know it in conjunction with Dainese..

I would imagine they are like car seat belts. In most incidents they will assist in saving the wearer from more serious injuries but on the odd occasion due to their design they could create greater injuries than without, so I guess like seat belts they are a calculated risks which is usually more beneficial than not. But I am only surmising generally. BTW Chris, its said that Barry Sheene 'invented' the back protector as we know it in conjunction with Dainese..

Your right in that sense Jim yeah.

Theres a lot of modified neck brace designs coming out all the time though - so its definitely a developing product.

Didnt know that about Barry Sheene - thats quite interesting, and Dainese is regarded by many as the Best.

I just read up more on it and he made a prototype from visors - brilliant.

Edited by snapper-racing.co.uk