British Speedway Forum
tomazpozrl

Swc Event 2, Peterborough 13.7.

Yup we are going to come last but who else have we got to save us?

I think we have no-one to save, any perm of 5 will finish in the bottom 2. However, if we use the best 5 British, we could get the better of an injury hit Denmark, BUT it would make no sense to me to revert to young riders only to drop them in a last gasp effort to qualify. You should have gone with your best in the first place, and if you go with youth, Lyon needs to stick to it or end up looking as indecisive as Steve McClaren.

In all fairness Tai is in his first season of Elite speedway, and isnt a heat leader - he still lacks in experience, but in time im sure he will make it, he need to be given a chance though.

who really couldve come into the team and made the Team win - including Rico may have added a few points but not drastic enough to pull of the win.

We need to blood more youngsters and give them opportunities otherwise we end up using the same crusty riders year on year, which has been the reason why we've found ourselves in the position we are in now.

The aim this season from the start was to get into a play off position - we werent expecting a shock win

We need to increase development of British riders - which has been a concern of years - through training initiatives and support by authorities.

I agree with your last point. Instead we are a breeding ground for Aussies of late! How are they so good at 16?!

On Tai, probably our best British youngster not through our system though, beating Gregoric, Stojs, and Sullivan plus benefitting from an exclusion and EF is not something to write home about. Nicholls or Richardson could have done better, imo. Ditto Kennett and his 3 Slovenian scalps..

How can it be a different set of 5 involving 3 of these ? Is it me or does that not make sense ?

Its you, PM me if you need a lesson in permutations and combinations, wikipedia it maybe, or just agree that I had a point, in my post that you have chosen very conveniently to overlook.

Harris, Nicholls, Richardson, Bridger, King is a different 'set' of 5 to Harris, Tai, Kennett, Bridger and King, whereby Harris, Bridger and King are a subset of both. Now perm the riding orders and get back to me tomorrow.

Edited by Authorised

Because the whole point in tonight was to give the younger riders experience. Lee understood that and was there in the pits to help in any way they could. Meanwhile, Mr Ego was nowhere to be seen.

I used to be a big supporter or Scott in the GPs, before bomber was there, but his attitude to a few things over the past 12months or so has been disgraceful

What a suprise! Another thread hi-jacked to have a go at Scott. Nobody, including you or me, knows the reasons for Scott not being there, so lets not assume anything.

Great stuff tonight from all the riders. Hampel was immense for the Poles. Crump awesome for the Aussies and King was superb for us. Slovenia were never in the reckoning but who'd have had money on Ana Conda coming second in the heat he did.

So....it's off to Leszno on Thursday. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions. None of great difficulty to make. Drop Edward Kennett, who I've always said is poor on the bigger tracks, and bring Lee Richardson in.

Simples :lol:

Really glad I went to this meeting rather than sitting at home watching it. There was great, edge-of-the-seat racing throughout, and the atmosphere in the Showground was as good as I've ever seen it.

The British team was experimental, and I was disappointed with many of the riders, though surely the point was that this is all about giving young riders experience that will help them grow as riders. Still, good to see that Danny King remembered where the racing lines were.

Exhilarating meeting. Pity about the security at the end, though...

What a suprise! Another thread hi-jacked to have a go at Scott. Nobody, including you or me, knows the reasons for Scott not being there, so lets not assume anything.

I know, he is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't. When he rides, the usual suspects line up on here to kick him in, when he doesn't ride, they still manage to do so! Hence my previous comment, that I would avoid the play-off if I was him. If he rode, the usual suspects will demand a maximum, then criticise his team riding :rolleyes:

Great Advert for Speedway

Proud of Team GB - They gave it their all. Well done Rob Lyons for taking the gamble

Well Done Buster Great Track

Well done to all the teams for entertaining us

Heat 20 Up with the best of them.

Slick tracks no racing , grippy track has given us the best meeting of the year

Best Quote- Charlie- Jason dont forget to check your nuts on your bike !!

Negative- No Nicholls suppporting Team GB- (I was a Nicholls Fan, but if I was Rob Lyons I wouldn't be taking him to Lezno, he will destroy the team spirit)

Biggest NO NO - Gollob for not wanting to ride in HT 25 Should be fined a lot of money, supporters pay to see him race. Dropped down heavily in my estimation.

Overall though brilliant meeting & good display by the Brits.

Congratulations to Poland and well done to the young GB squad especially Danny King who had an excellent meeting.

I have always loved Peterborough' track. It's a real racers track and always produces great racing.

Come on Polska!

Best Quote- Charlie- Jason dont forget to check your nuts on your bike !!

She was pure entertainment tonight, great stuff :lol::lol:

Wow,what a meeting,speedway at its very best,heat 20 was superb :approve:

Wow, never wanted that to end, amazing racing. Thought the poles deserved it, their whole team rode well. No surprises from Crumpy, always been a real showground expert and didn't expect him to drop a point before the meeting.

Well done to the Brits as well, good to see them giving so much effort for their country. Look forward to watching the race off and the final on TV, won't be a patch on being there tonight though.

By the way, anyone know if this is going to be on DVD, and where you'll be able to buy it from?

Edited by PantherT

I thought tonight was a brilliant meeting, the atmosphere was top notch, mainly due to the amount of poles and their passion. In the end after the final race they were just enjoying themselves, they didn't hurt anyone - they were just celebrating. Speedway is meant to be fun and that's what they were having. :)

I definitely wouldn't say that GB embarrassed themselves, being a realist you knew it would be against Aus and Poland to go directly to the final, but if we don't get the young ones on the scene now, then in a few years we'll be paying for it even more than we are now...

Biggest NO NO - Gollob for not wanting to ride in HT 25 Should be fined a lot of money, supporters pay to see him race. Dropped down heavily in my estimation.

It did cross my mind that the Polish fans might not be able to contain themselves and mob Tomasz so his was a tactical exclusion ............. could be totally wrong though!

How we need our british boys to be riding a track like Peterborough very very regularly. The Poles and Aussies are brought up on tracks similar to it, how can we compete with that? Nevertheless our "boys" flew the flag with pride and gave it everything, well pleased with their efforts :D and I wish them all the best in Leszno!

In the absence of Pinstripe i'll post it.

Well done Middlo :blink::lol:

Excellent meeting. Both Poland & Aust really went for it!!

Well done the Slovenian Condom!! He finaly in his last race worked out how to ride the track & never gave up.

Tai was quite anonymous tonight....don't see the "future World Champion" in him.....mind you I had my doubts about him last season.......

Edited by icicle