British Speedway Forum
tomazpozrl

Swc Event 2, Peterborough 13.7.

Would Lee have been there if he wasnt in the team for Thursday??????? He let slip he`s in the team for Poland, thats the reason he was with the team last night. Simple really

Guest Ashie Smashy
Hardly knocking the guy for no reason is it? Turned his back on British speedway, returned only when his form was so poor he had no choice, throws tantrums on live TV by throwing his bike down, fighting with another rider at the British GP after he had took that rider right out to the fence and seemingly a no show to help his team mates out at the SWC.

Is that enough for you Spook?

Sorry, just to add to this. Maybe I misunderstood and that Nicholls is not in the squad for the SWC? If he is not in the squad fair enough.

I think that was more of a 'thing' against Poole at the time to be honest.

My point Grachan is that some people are only concentrating on Scott because they don't like him, no other reason.

If he had been there, I'm quite sure that some would have said he shouldn't be there, that he should let Bomber get on with the Captains job, that he shouldn't be offering advice when he can't win himself, that he's having a bad effect on morale etc etc.

a geat night of speedway, but lets take a reality check here.

GB were extremely entertaining, but were they any good? err no!

after heat 15 virtually picked up no points except against the slovians.

take away for guaranteed third places and what are you left with?

eddie of the pace beat no one

tai off the pace beat no one

bomber 1 good ride

lewis 1 good ride

danny king 2 good rides

thats it 4 good heats out of 25, the odds that we will get into double figures in the playoff are not good.

fantastic night thou!

Exactly, give over will you. it's the fans right to expect one of England's top riders to be there to help his team mates (illness excused). With all his bad press of late he would be getting a lot of postive publicity had he been doing what Richardson was last night.

sorry but what garbage ... did you see all the other british, welsh and irish players out in south africa supporting their team mates in the lions of course not just like you dont see all of the manu/arse/chelsea players out supporting their team when they are not picked ... more pathetic nichols bashing

Guest Ashie Smashy
eddie of the pace beat no one

bomber 1 good ride

lewis 1 good ride

danny king 2 good rides

Depends if you cound good rides winning? For example Bomber finished last in one ride, but for one lap he was storming around the outside of everyone, and he ended upwith zero, but deserved more.

I also beliece King hads 3 good rides, won one race, finished second to Gollob after leading him for most of the race and then finished second to beat Leigh Adams, no mean feat.

Edited by Ashie Smashy

Guest Ashie Smashy
sorry but what garbage ... did you see all the other british, welsh and irish players out in south africa supporting their team mates in the lions of course not just like you dont see all of the manu/arse/chelsea players out supporting their team when they are not picked ... more pathetic nichols bashing

Actually yes you do, Arsenal v Hull springs to mind where the Arsenal player that was not selected turned up on the touchline to support his team mates, and got into that ruck with the Hull manager.

Man Utd often showed Ronaldo and Rooney in the stands when not selected.

Didn't reaslise beating Matej Zagar is classed as beating no one?

Edited by cgcoombes

Hi you lot

How many of you armchair critics would have the guts to pick the team that Rob Lyons did, it had got to happen and you armchair experts fistly I doubt if you would have took the job and secondly if you had the job you would not be seen for dust.

If it was left to you in ten years time you would be trying to justify having Nichols and even Malcolm Simmpons in the team because they both had o good meeting in outer mongolia in 1991. I suggest you sit down infront of Sky and eat your bag of chrisps and play with the toy out of the bag.

Keep the Lyons roar

Bozzy

Guest Ashie Smashy
Hi you lot

How many of you armchair critics would have the guts to pick the team that Rob Lyons did, it had got to happen and you armchair experts fistly I doubt if you would have took the job and secondly if you had the job you would not be seen for dust.

If it was left to you in ten years time you would be trying to justify having Nichols and even Malcolm Simmpons in the team because they both had o good meeting in outer mongolia in 1991. I suggest you sit down infront of Sky and eat your bag of chrisps and play with the toy out of the bag.

Keep the Lyons roar

Bozzy

Keep up Bozzy, we had this debate week ago ;) and in fairness to a lot of people on here, those that were critical a week ago have coem back on this thread and admitted they were wrong. So fair play to those users that have done that.

Hardly knocking the guy for no reason is it? Turned his back on British speedway, returned only when his form was so poor he had no choice, throws tantrums on live TV by throwing his bike down, fighting with another rider at the British GP after he had took that rider right out to the fence and seemingly a no show to help his team mates out at the SWC.

Turned his back on British Speedway? After riding every season since '94, he made a decision that at the time he thought was right, as did a few others. He realised it was a mistake and came back. Have you never made a bad decision in your lifetime? Did you hold against Hans Nielsen, Sam Ermolenko, PK, Nikki, Crumpy and many others when they opted out of British Speedway?

Loads of riders, (including Crump, Niki, Gollob I could go on) have temper tantrums so why you bring that up I dont know. And how you can say he was remotely in the wrong for the way he rode Emil into the fence is beyond me.

I will agree that it seemed bad form that he wasnt in the pits with the boys last night, but we dont know the reasons for it..

Edited by Tex

The old turned his back chestnut! Firstly, he didn't turn his back. His reasons were made perfectly clear, it's just the Nicholls bashers chose not to believe them.

He throws tantrums, so what!? Him and dozens of other riders get the hump when things are going badly. Everyone does at some time surely? Don't see the big deal there.

He shouldn't have got into the fight, but there were two people, more in fact, who were involved. It wouldn't even have started had Emil not kept on about it, there wasn't even an issue. It was hard, fair riding.

As you said, seemingly a no show. In other words, you don't know the reason.

Very well put Phil,

The poles and Australians and Danny King made the meeting.

Keep up Bozzy, we had this debate week ago ;) and in fairness to a lot of people on here, those that were critical a week ago have coem back on this thread and admitted they were wrong. So fair play to those users that have done that.

Did i miss somethink the match i watched last night we got crushed by 20pts and most of the team were rubbish :rolleyes: most of the people who were critical last week were correct .