British Speedway Forum
Eastie

Wind It On , Wind It On, Wind It On , Etc Etc

I think Stephen Hawking should attend every meeting and run his wheelchair into the shins of any rider who claims they're going to give "110%".

I think Stephen Hawking should attend every meeting and run his wheelchair into the shins of any rider who claims they're going to give "110%".

What exactly does 110% effort mean. In that context no % above 100 exists and so if you are using mythical figures why not give 1000 billion million trillion percent. Surely that would be giving their all and in that context 110% maybe means he will be giving no effort at all. Better to stick with real numbers and give 100% every time

Has anyone spotted Chris Harris's new catchphrase?

When interviewed he starts nearly every answer with the word "definitely"

The Johno "Yea Definitely"s which have now been caught by Bomber and the Tai Woffinden "Yea, No"s are the only things that slightly get on my nerves in the Sky coverage - In a similar sort of way to the "y'know" that we used to get every 3rd word from Nicki P - I guess it's just the way the riders speak!!

Absolutely, John, I mean, well, it has to be said it makes a change from the ubiquitous 'yer know'. Know worra mean?

Regards,

Ron.

Edited by Ron Butler

some people really need to have a humour bypass on here

don't like this...don't like that..... un-bloody-believable :rolleyes:

just try and enjoy the speedway and don't dissect everything that's said :wink:

Most inteligent post in a long time!

some people really need to have a humour bypass on here

don't like this...don't like that..... un-bloody-believable :rolleyes:

just try and enjoy the speedway and don't dissect everything that's said :wink:

They can't stop themselves though can they? Can you imagine repeating yourself a few times down your local boozer with a few ‘fans‘ about. Would it go something like this?

"……Hey mate, do you have to say ‘another pint of Bitter’ all the time? Can't you mime it now and then instead of raising your voice or even drink something else, otherwise I am going to ‘turn you off’ or I’ll stand out side. Also can you be less enthusiastic about it, or just whisper it so I don‘t hear you. I am quite happy just to watch you drink it. Could you not get someone else to order it for you?

By the way, also can you also stop saying to the barmaid; ‘excuse me darling’ It’s just that I can’t stand hearing that either.

Anyway mate, ‘the local Bitter’ here is awful. I blame that guy who is charge of production at the local brewery, can't we all bombard him with emails and complain that its not like the real thing, its not got enough err…water in it? What do you think his agenda is in producing dry beer anyway? You would think he brews it like that for just for himself and all his mates, not the paying customers. He organised a party last year at the brewery, and guess what? No one got drunk.

I’ve heard on the QT , his employers, the owners of the Brewery, are on the point of going bust anyway. Could be the reason the beer is so bad here. They also own this pub so this place will go under as well - good job to in my opinion, it’s a lousy boozer anyway, and all the staff are crap as well. Besides, you can get better beer than this in almost most other towns and in better pubs to. I don‘t really care if they stop producing it completely either, or they all go bust, I never drink it and I can say; told you so…………..”

:P:D:D

Id pay to see that.

A guy born in Kent with an American accent though - pretentious :) and I heard he likes Robot Wars too much, so doubt he'd come :(

I heard someone saying 1000% the other day.... how is that even possible lol

Edited by snapper-racing.co.uk

Repetitive moaning about repetitive commentary, oh the irony :rolleyes:

nefinitly :lol:

Have I noticed, I have the bloody T-shirt

BOMBER

SAYS

YEAH

DEF'NITELY :lol:

[/b]

They can't stop themselves though can they? Can you imagine repeating yourself a few times down your local boozer with a few ‘fans‘ about. Would it go something like this?

"……Hey mate, do you have to say ‘another pint of Bitter’ all the time? Can't you mime it now and then instead of raising your voice or even drink something else, otherwise I am going to ‘turn you off’ or I’ll stand out side. Also can you be less enthusiastic about it, or just whisper it so I don‘t hear you. I am quite happy just to watch you drink it. Could you not get someone else to order it for you?

By the way, also can you also stop saying to the barmaid; ‘excuse me darling’ It’s just that I can’t stand hearing that either.

Anyway mate, ‘the local Bitter’ here is awful. I blame that guy who is charge of production at the local brewery, can't we all bombard him with emails and complain that its not like the real thing, its not got enough err…water in it? What do you think his agenda is in producing dry beer anyway? You would think he brews it like that for just for himself and all his mates, not the paying customers. He organised a party last year at the brewery, and guess what? No one got drunk.

I’ve heard on the QT , his employers, the owners of the Brewery, are on the point of going bust anyway. Could be the reason the beer is so bad here. They also own this pub so this place will go under as well - good job to in my opinion, it’s a lousy boozer anyway, and all the staff are crap as well. Besides, you can get better beer than this in almost most other towns and in better pubs to. I don‘t really care if they stop producing it completely either, or they all go bust, I never drink it and I can say; told you so…………..”

A touch of brilliant satire there, Jim! :approve:

I'm sure I heard Kelvin say (during a race) that Danny King was overtaken by both the swedes :lol:

P.S. Not having a go, I actually like Kelvin.

I'm sure I heard Kelvin say (during a race) that Danny King was overtaken by both the swedes :lol:

P.S. Not having a go, I actually like Kelvin.

You are not mistaken, I heard that too :rolleyes:

[/b]

Straight out of the Bryn Williams school of arse licking zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz