British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tomhaines

Slovenia... Or Was It Slovakia

Anybody else notice on the sky captions (not the ones from the SWC feed itself but ones used by SKY for their own interviews etc) that the Slovenian flag had been replaced by the Slovakian flag! Similar design but different... poor show from SKY and pretty disrespectful to a small nation in the world cup.... Imagine the uproar if instead of the Aussie flag they put the New Zealand one because some bloke in the sky office thought it looked similar!

Surely its easy for such a large professional TV company to get the little things right!

And another thing, what is with that blasted moley!!! Tacky and unprofessional looking!

Anybody else notice on the sky captions (not the ones from the SWC feed itself but ones used by SKY for their own interviews etc) that the Slovenian flag had been replaced by the Slovakian flag! Similar design but different... poor show from SKY and pretty disrespectful to a small nation in the world cup.... Imagine the uproar if instead of the Aussie flag they put the New Zealand one because some bloke in the sky office thought it looked similar!

Surely its easy for such a large professional TV company to get the little things right!

And another thing, what is with that blasted moley!!! Tacky and unprofessional looking!

Yes looking at the Slovakian flag just now I did see it last night.

But theres significant difference in the symbol. And the internet is an invaluable resource which should be used if they didnt know the difference.

I hate the awful pronounciation of riders names as well - if they dont know just go and ask them what it is!!!!!!!

(Ulamek is a good example as it is actually pronounced WAMEK)

I hate pointless mole cam, I much prefer a helmet cam - but it seems a lot like the mole...I really dont see what it contributes apart from a blurry 2 second shot of some grass.

I would gladly sponsor a rider to run straight over the thing lol