British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bellers101

Ole Olsen Track Prep

Whilst I appreciate Ole has the weather to contend with and an expensive rain off to possibly deal with is anyone else sick and tired of his hard slick track prep?

The World Cup match at Peterborough showed what great racing cn be achieved with a well prepared track.

Apparently Ole was there to witness it.

Come on Ole shape up or ship out!

Whilst I appreciate Ole has the weather to contend with and an expensive rain off to possibly deal with is anyone else sick and tired of his hard slick track prep?

The World Cup match at Peterborough showed what great racing cn be achieved with a well prepared track.

Apparently Ole was there to witness it.

Come on Ole shape up or ship out!

Couldn,t agree more!!! as you will find that most people on this forum will agree..

So why does Ole apparently disagree? Is there any direct way to contact him, because I think we should be organising a petition or bombarding him with emails - anything to improve the tracks for GPs!

some of us contacted IMG a few GP's ago to register our displeasure .... I didnt personally get a response but I think one of the others got a token 'thanks for your mail' response

the season still has some way to go but i'd hope that they will help to get the message across ........... last night was the best kind of example possible though and hopefully whether Ole takes the plaudits for it or not... it continues

I'll post this again: :rolleyes:

Ole Olsen is employed by the FIM. Look up their web site. Click on the subsection for 'Track Racing'. He is listed as 'Speedway Grand Prix Race Director'.

There is a full postal address for him. As its obviously, important and matters to those who would like to contact him, here is the link.

http://www.fim-live.com/en/fim/fim-organis...n/track-racing/

Edited by Jim Blanchard

and if hypothetically IMG decided that they were displeased with the way that their business was at risk for something such as processional racing....... do we think that his name would still be there?

Or maybe they are displeased and this explains why the tracks have improved and he is sitting in the stand?

Edited by spook

Do we know for certain that Ole had nothing to do with the Peterborough track prep?I only ask,as all i have seen is hearsay.Plus of course the Vojens track was pretty decent and he is involved with Leszno.So i can't see why he wouldn't be involved with the Peterborough track.....Buster is a member here as is his son.So maybe we can get a proper answer rather than someones opinion on what happened from looking at Sky :unsure:

Sorry, I don't know the answer. Why not ask IMG themselves?

You want me to Google their address for you as well?

(PS. Just a tip though - don't sign your letter 'spook'. Get my drift. :wink::) )

arent you a bit old for such childishness Jim?

behave yourself

Iris

did you really think Vojens was ok? The guys looked like they were massively spinning out to me

In summary, one of two things are the reason for the slick tracks we see at the GP's in my opinion.

1. Ole Olsen is being told to make the track's slick to satisfy the demands of the sponsors who want their company name / logo to be visible throughout the meeting - is this a rumour or is there truth behind it?

2. Olsen genuinely believes that slick tracks provide better racing and they produce fewer accidents meaning no "run-overs" for TV companies.

If option 1 is the case then we should get off Olsen's back, he is purely a "puppet" for the FIM who are more concerned by sponsors logo's than the fans of this great sport who are being cheated of seeing the top 16 riders ride on fair, safe tracks that allow overtaking every race.

If option 2 is the case then he should pack his bags - simple as that. The SWC meeting on Monday proves that tracks that are smooth, grippy and safe provide trumendous entertainment for fans at the event and watching on TV.

I have commented many times on this issue over the past few months, but I fear the worst. I actually believe my first suggestion is the reality here - the tail is wagging the dog (if you know what I mean) I'm afraid. Corporate sponsorship / TV money is taking over the sport (The GP series I mean) and there is nothing we can do about it - sad, very sad indeed.

behave yourself

Iris

did you really think Vojens was ok? The guys looked like they were massively spinning out to me

Well i certainly enjoyed the meeting.But i do understand that often being there can give a different feel to those watching at home.But from what i have read both here and on the German forum the general opinion is the Vojens meeting was good.Not as good as Peterborough,although some on the German forum do feel Vojens was better.Matter of opinion of course,which i wouldn't personally agree with.......

behave yourself

Iris

Sorry spook, I was not aware there is a question of any ageism to say what one thinks about another’s post, or it was contravening the rules in any way, to have an opinion at any age.

(By the way: Just for your information. The rules are attack the post and not the poster. Don't seem to get much right at all really, do you?)

Edited by Jim Blanchard

Sorry spook, I was not aware there is a question of any ageism to say what one thinks about another’s post, or it was contravening the rules in any way, to have an opinion at any age.

(By the way: Just for your information. The rules are attack the post and not the poster. Don't seem to get much right at all really, do you?)

Could be wrong be I'm sure I have an old Backtrack mag where Olsen is interviewed and suggests speedway could/should be run on tarmac tracks or something similar.

Will have to see if I can dig it out. If my memory is correct the GP certainly seem to be heading that way.

to be honest Jim I wouldnt appreciate trolling childish posts from anyone .... let alone from a poster who's experience should allow them to know better......

the simple fact of the matter as I have posted recently is if you have an issue with me as your recent posts most certainly indicate then get in touch with me privately ..... or put me on ignore..... either that or get over it :rolleyes:

meanwhile I think i'll be getting back to the discussion

JC1

yeah this was debated long and hard a while back and the sponsorship thing is something that comes up from time to time..... i'm assuming its back because of Keith Huewen's comments the other night............. it could well be the case but it is also coincidentally Ole's extreme track prep preference .......... not only that but no matter how much sponsor's interests are protected it makes no financial sense for IMG to make the racing processional

to be honest Jim I wouldnt appreciate trolling childish posts from anyone .... let alone from a poster who's experience should allow them to know better......

the simple fact of the matter as I have posted recently is if you have an issue with me as your recent posts most certainly indicate then get in touch with me privately ..... or put me on ignore..... either that or get over it :rolleyes:

meanwhile I think i'll be getting back to the discussion

JC1

yeah this was debated long and hard a while back and the sponsorship thing is something that comes up from time to time..... i'm assuming its back because of Keith Huewen's comments the other night............. it could well be the case but it is also coincidentally Ole's extreme track prep preference .......... not only that but no matter how much sponsor's interests are protected it makes no financial sense for IMG to make the racing processional

No, sorry spook. Don't patronise me please. I have the right to disagree with anyone irrespective of my age as much as anyone. I have my own opinions and you have yours. In fact, I have not disagreed with you on this issue: I came forward with information for you, so I am hardly a troll. If I disagree with you though, I will say so. Its a public forum. If you wish to put me down in some way because of my age, and the fact I do not agree with you that makes me a troll, so be it.

Your obviously are not comfortable with anyone disagreeing with you, are you? If I was 60 or 16?

I'll not contact you or reply any further in this thread. But I will reserve the right to respond to any post you make that I do not agree with.

Edited by Jim Blanchard