British Speedway Forum

If I had been named as squad captain, I would have made a point to be there to show that I was committed to the cause, in the hope of a pick for a later round or in the future. Speedway rider, commentator he is about the same at both! Over rated :lol:

Shows what kind of state british speedway is in then, hes been our number one for probably the last 4 or 5 years, and is still in the top 3 brits - shame the team manager didnt realise that and we could have been watching gb in the final today :wink:

Scott would be in Poland for racing today so no doubt Sky asked him to go along and sit in the studio (thing) !

If Team GB were not prepared to pay his flight out for the race off then why should he pay his own way out there to show his support? Damn sure I wouldn't in his position!

If I had been named as squad captain, I would have made a point to be there to show that I was committed to the cause, in the hope of a pick for a later round or in the future. Speedway rider, commentator he is about the same at both! Over rated :lol:

for god's sake!!!! you have no idea of the reasons why scotty was not with the team, please give it a rest until you do!!

wolfy!!!!

Scott would be in Poland for racing today so no doubt Sky asked him to go along and sit in the studio (thing) !

If Team GB were not prepared to pay his flight out for the race off then why should he pay his own way out there to show his support? Damn sure I wouldn't in his position!

I thought he had lost his team place, or was that only a temporary measure?

shame the team manager didnt realise that and we could have been watching gb in the final today :wink:

The word there should of been MIGHT there's no guarantee even with Scott in the team we would of made the final, the Team Manager never wins whoever he puts in .... he wanted to give the youngsters a go he did, christ we all screamed enough last year that we wanted the youngsters in now he's done it, he's wrong for not including Snotty Tickles.

No but if you'd been asked to go cheer on the Aussies you would of done whether you had to pay for your flight or not ...... don't be backing the Team GB riders when you've cheered the Aussies on all the way through the WTC Mother!!!!! Shame on you!!!! :lol::wink:

Guest Ashie Smashy
you have no idea of the reasons why scotty was not with the team, please give it a rest until you do!!

Indeed I don't, but we can now rule out illness or injury, because he looked mighty fine today.

At least he did'nt wear an aussie shirt today, unlike someone else who showed where his real allegiance lies .

Guest Ashie Smashy
At least he did'nt wear an aussie shirt today, unlike someone else who showed where his real allegiance lies .

Hardly, he could have done a Crump and chosen to race for Aussie one assumes. The boy was brought up in Aussie so he is bound to be found of the country, does not mean he is any less proud to be part of Team GB.

Having been at work today I didnt see any TV - go on who?? Name names please :lol:

Sandie ....... Tai was commiting a crime by being in Camp Oz today wearing a Camp Oz T Shirt :wink:

Edited by shazzybird

The word there should of been MIGHT there's no guarantee even with Scott in the team we would of made the final, the Team Manager never wins whoever he puts in .... he wanted to give the youngsters a go he did, christ we all screamed enough last year that we wanted the youngsters in now he's done it, he's wrong for not including Snotty Tickles.

Well i did say 'could' which is the same as 'might' but anyway the fact remains that Danny and Lewis scored i think it was one point between them, Im pretty sure Scott MIGHT have scored a couple more than that, I said before the event that IMO we should put in the best 5 british riders at this time and not the ones who might be the best in three years time but again just my opinion - dont get me wrong i was rooting for the brits as much as anybody and i think both Danny and Lewis did themselves proud at peterborough. What really annoys me is that all of a sudden Scott is Public Enemy number 1 in most peoples eyes on here, hes having a tough time at the minute but surely his efforts as our number one for the last four or five years deserves better than hes getting from gb fans at the minute. And no matter what anyone says there are not 5 brits at this moment who are better than him.

No but if you'd been asked to go cheer on the Aussies you would of done whether you had to pay for your flight or not ...... don't be backing the Team GB riders when you've cheered the Aussies on all the way through the WTC Mother!!!!! Shame on you!!!! :lol::wink:

Hey! Monday night I was at Boro and I was shouting for Edward! plus the Aussies!

If Scott had been riding I would have been shouting for Edward and Scott! plus the Aussies!

You know I back my friends! and stick behind them no matter what! (YOU know that!) :wink:

Indeed I don't, but we can now rule out illness or injury, because he looked mighty fine today.

you can indeed but it does not tell you anything else and until you know the facts you cannot judge!! unless of cause you speculate.

wolfy!!!1

Think your being a bit harsh on the lad ...with GB not trying to get into the final till 2030 it was maybe his Only chance of ever being involved in a world cup final .

Well i did say 'could' which is the same as 'might' but anyway the fact remains that Danny and Lewis scored i think it was one point between them, Im pretty sure Scott MIGHT have scored a couple more than that, I said before the event that IMO we should put in the best 5 british riders at this time and not the ones who might be the best in three years time but again just my opinion - dont get me wrong i was rooting for the brits as much as anybody and i think both Danny and Lewis did themselves proud at peterborough. What really annoys me is that all of a sudden Scott is Public Enemy number 1 in most peoples eyes on here, hes having a tough time at the minute but surely his efforts as our number one for the last four or five years deserves better than hes getting from gb fans at the minute. And no matter what anyone says there are not 5 brits at this moment who are better than him.

Agree 100% ref Scott.

Just shows the level of disrespect that the British people have these days...well some of them.