British Speedway Forum

If you notice every mechanic, assitant and outside riders are wearing team shirts, Tai is no exception.

Except they werent wearing a Team GB one three days ago !

Yep !

Sounds awfully petty to me.

I can only guess at the feeling you may have toward Rob Lyon then. Surely him helping an Aussie (Darcy Ward) as part of his other day job, must be a hanging offence. (BTW once again this is sarcasm)

Seems a 'mountain has been made out of a mole hill' to me.

Got to say I agree.

A bit of a daft thing for Tai to do but he prob thought nothing of it at the time......

Except they werent wearing a Team GB one three days ago !

Team GB aren't there tonight.

If Tai has to wear a team shirt he isn't going to turn up in a GB shirt, is he?

Of course, Tai is still going to have links to the Australian team, he's lived there half his life, he was brought through their system.

The most important thing is he does ride for Britain, which some may say benefit him but it also benefits us.

We're hardly being flooded with new talent are we?

Having a future potential star on board benefits us aswell.

I don't like to see our riders wearing another teams' colours, but wouldn't go to the extremes of some on here.

Edited by NicWolves

Team GB aren't there tonight.

If Tai has to wear a team shirt he isn't going to turn up in a GB shirt, is he?

Of course, Tai is still going to have links to the Australian team, he's lived there half his life, he was brought through their system.

The most important thing is he does ride for Britain, which some may say benefits him but it also benefits us.

We're hardly being flooded with new talent are we?

Having a future potential star on board benefits us aswell.

I don't like to see our riders wearing another teams' colours, but wouldn't go to the extremes of some on here.

I guess i am just old fashioned.

Same as that great Pole " Runa Holta ". I dont agree with it, end of !

I to don't like seeing riders in other teams' colours, I know where you're coming from.

But I understand that he probably didn't know how it would appear to British fans.

He's always been very close with the Aussie riders, he grew up with them and some have most likely been a big influence. Therefore it's not particularly 'terrible' if he is simply helping a fellow rider (most likely a friend) considering GB have been knocked out. We need the young talents such as Tai Woffinden, even if he doesn't think things through completely :)

(I also don't agree with the Holta situation.)

Tai has chosen to ride for team GB, whether he helps Australia, has a tatoo or even wears their shirt. Without Tai's input we wouldn't have come anywhere near qualifying Thursday night, that can't be ignored.

Now that's a slightly different slant on things.

Are you just against the idea of Woffinden being part of Team GB, as you see him as being an Aussie i.e. prior to his helping an Aussie today ?

Now that's a slightly different slant on things.

Are you just against the idea of Woffinden being part of Team GB, as you see him as being an Aussie i.e. prior to his helping an Aussie today ?

Yes, didnt want him in Team GB beforehand and this is just a slap in the face.

I to don't like seeing riders in other teams' colours, I know where you're coming from.

But I understand that he probably didn't know how it would appear to British fans.

He's always been very close with the Aussie riders, he grew up with them and some have most likely been a big influence. Therefore it's not particularly 'terrible' if he is simply helping a fellow rider (most likely a friend) considering GB have been knocked out. We need the young talents such as Tai Woffinden, even if he doesn't think things through completely :)

(I also don't agree with the Holta situation.)

Tai has chosen to ride for team GB, whether he helps Australia, has a tatoo or even wears their shirt. Without Tai's input we wouldn't have come anywhere near qualifying Thursday night, that can't be ignored.

How about looking at it from another perspective?

Perhaps Woffinden can pick up tips, by being in about a successful team, on how to win a team competition from the Aussies.

Fair enough.

I understand your point of view now.

How about looking at it from another perspective?

Perhaps Woffinden can pick up tips, by being in about a successful team, on how to win a team competition from the Aussies.

Exactly. :approve:

He'll be learning with everything he does, this could benefit him.

Aren't Tai's parents both British?

Similar situation to Jason Crump, born in England with two Australian parents- I wouldn't necessarily consider Jason British though.

Rather have a Jock in the Team ! LOL :rolleyes:

:lol:

Now you are grasping at straws.

Aren't Tai's parents both British?

Similar situation to Jason Crump, born in England with two Australian parents- I wouldn't necessarily consider Jason British though.

Maybe, but that aint no union jack tattood on his back.