British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Scunny Stag

Scunthorpe - Kenny Smith Memorial Meeting 23rd Oct 7.30pm

Arguably the best current rider to have not won the World title, Leigh Adams, has agreed to race at the Eddie Wright Raceway on Friday 23rd October. He will join two-time world champion, and hot favourite for the 2009 crown, Jason Crump, plus Great Britain international Tai Woffinden in a star-studded field that will race for the Stockton Car and Van Hire sponsored Kenny Smith Memorial Trophy and in turn raise funds to purchase a brand new airfence for the 2010 season.

Adams is one of the finest ambassadors the sport has. He was runner-up to Nicki Pedersen in the 2007 Grand Prix series and has finished in the top six for the last nine seasons. He has won the Australian title a record ten times and was part of the World Team Cup winning sides in 2001 and 2002. He currently lies second in the Elite League averages but has ground to make up in the Grand Prix series where he currently lies tenth with four rounds remaining.

The Kenny Smith Memorial Meeting will be a sixteen-rider individual meeting with all seven Scorpions’ riders involved whilst Promoter Rob Godfrey is hoping to attract further stars to ride in the meeting. “I’m over the moon that Leigh has agreed to race in this meeting. We didn’t want Jason Crump to have things all his own way so with Leigh and Tai we already have two riders who will believe they can win the meeting. It is great that these top riders want to help a Premier League club buy an airfence and I’m sure all the riders in our league will appreciate their support”.

“Our meeting on Sky certainly did wonders for the track’s reputation. Riders and fans all around the country saw what an awesome track we have and there are a lot of Elite League riders who are now interested in racing here. We’re talking to a few of them and hopefully we’ll be able to firm up some more names in the near future. For now I would just like to thank Leigh, Jason and Tai for their terrific support.”

Edited by Scunny Stag

Looking like a cracking meeting already,a few more names and the EWR will be packed im sure,well done RG

I best get begging daddy to take a trip over for this. Kenny deserves a classic meeting

Date is in diary

Will be looking to make the trip to Scunny for this one

the Stockton Car and Van Hire sponsored Kenny Smith Memorial Trophy and in turn raise funds to purchase a brand new airfence for the 2010 season.

What a wonderful legacy that will be for Kenny, I will attempt to make the meeting if I can :)

rooms sorted 5 mins from track looking forward to this meeting

I best get begging daddy to take a trip over for this. Kenny deserves a classic meeting

Snap!

This looks to be a cracking tribute to Kenny - seeing Crump/Adams tear up the EWR will be a special moment for everyone who has worked so hard to make the return of Speedway to Scunthorpe such a success.

Now the bad news...... I will be away visiting relatives in the States on the 23rd ! Boo Hoo !

This looks to be a cracking tribute to Kenny - seeing Crump/Adams tear up the EWR will be a special moment for everyone who has worked so hard to make the return of Speedway to Scunthorpe such a success.

Now the bad news...... I will be away visiting relatives in the States on the 23rd ! Boo Hoo !

Sod the relatives, get your priorities right! :wink:

The only problem with having Crumpy there with Leigh is that Leigh will shut off if he gets a bit too close to him ;)

Looking good, hopefully I'll be able to get along to this :)

It's a long way from White Plains, New York, to Scunthorpe

I guess you're right ;) I read it all wrong lol

was a bit of chat at the week end that PK and M.Max will ride in the meeting,only gossip i must add but would be good to see 3 Karlssons on same track again

Edited by gatewatcher