British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Scunny Stag

Scunthorpe - Kenny Smith Memorial Meeting 23rd Oct 7.30pm

Correct about Leigh Adams not been able to make it now.

There will be a press release apprantley tonight with the Line-up what has been confirmed up to now.

Bummer that Adams cant make it,also missing from the list is PK,is he injured?

Edited by gatewatcher

I talk to Freddie last night and He said to Me that He dont will be at Scunthorpe tough because of his Polish commitment thursday and sunday......:(:(

I talk to Freddie last night and He said to Me that He dont will be at Scunthorpe tough because of his Polish commitment thursday and sunday......:(:(

Thats a downer,is this confirmed??????????????????????????????????

Don't think Leigh Adams will be there, he's booked for a meeting on Russia on the 23rd!

Chasing the dosh again eh, guess he needs summat to tide him over the winter ;)

With a number of availability issues a decision has been made to change Friday night’s Kenny Smith Memorial meeting into a team event with the Scorpions taking on a ‘Smithy’s Seven’ and the Stockton Car and Van Centre sponsored-Kenny Smith Memorial Trophy being presented to the winner of heat 15, which will be contested by the top two scorers from each team. Promoter Rob Godfrey explained the position “After David Howe’s crash on Friday, unfortunately Freddie Lindgren also became unavailable because the Polish Playoff Final has had to be re-scheduled and it was becoming impossible to get a competitive sixteen rider field. Rather than only have half a field who could make the semi-final we seem to have come up with two competitive sides for Friday and with Scott Nicholls (pictured), Tai Woffinden, Simon Stead, Adam Skornicki, Cameron Woodward, Dawid Stachyra and Steve Johnston in action there are still some very talented speedway riders on show. Byron Bekker is going to fill one of the reserve slots, Ben Wilson, like Tai, will be riding for the Scorpions again and it will be interesting to see how the young Swede, Jeremia Thelaus, handles himself in such company”.

“Sadly new World Champion Jason Crump is now unable to come to the meeting due to another skin graft operation but all fourteen riders in attendance, plus injured Scorpions David Howe and Viktor Bergström, will come into the crowd after heat ten to conduct the Speedway Riders’ Benevolent Fund collection.

With proceeds on the night set to help fund a new air fence the meeting, which honours the club’s hugely popular former Team Manager and Promoter Kenny Smith, will really benefit the riders and we are very grateful to those who are committed to helping us help them. This meeting is by far the highest quality field we’ve had and I know a lot of fans prefer team meetings to individuals. Unfortunately, we can’t please everyone and we are sorry to have so many late changes but we had little control and I’m sure all the fans that are travelling to see our race track for the very first time will see a great race meeting. We hear of fans from all over the country that make long trips on a regular basis to come watch our racing because they are guaranteed great racing. Friday will be no exception”.

Line-ups (English unless stated):

Scunthorpe Scorpions: 1. Tai Woffinden, 2. Ben Wilson, 3. Magnus Karlsson (Sweden), 4. Steve Johnston (Australia), 5. Carl Wilkinson, 6. Simon Lambert, 7. Ritchie Hawkins

Smithy’s Seven: 1. Scott Nicholls, 2. Dawid Stachyra (Poland), 3. Simon Stead, 4. Adam Skornicki (Poland), 5. Cameron Woodward (Australia), 6. Byron Bekker (South Africa), 7. Jeremia Thelaus (Sweden)

Admission prices for Friday’s meeting have been pegged to £13 (Adults), £11 (Concessions), £4 Children (aged 10-16), Children (0-9) Free. Family Ticket (Two adults and two children £30).

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks