British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wjm

Bordernapolis 24/10

What a fantastic night and a great way to end the season, i really liked the handicap system too.

Well done Bomber on the track record, i'd heard he was pretty much the first rider there yesterday and must've been one of the last to leave, still signing autographs and having pictures taken while i was down at the pits around 10.30pm before i headed home, top guy!

My heart was in my mouth with Schrammy and Tamas's incident, that could've been much worse, thankfully both got up and walked back to the pits within minutes, phew.

Great to meet Bairn's Bandit in the pits afterwards too, us Falkirk folk have to stick together eh hahaha, aye that must've been a bit weird driving along in Falkirk and seeing someone walking into town on friday to the pub wearing a Michal Makovsky hoodie, it could only have been me :lol:

That was a bit wild, wet and windy driving home, did you see the crash between Edinburgh and Falkirk mate? I could only see one car but it was pretty mangled at the front, they were loading it onto the truck when i was passing. wonder if it was to do with the conditions, i've never seen so many leaves on the road, maybe it slid off into the barrier, who knows :unsure:

Roll on next season :approve:

Aye it was a great night's racing, well worth doing all the chores around the house for the past week to earn enough Brownie points to come down for the second week in a row !!!

Good to meet you as well, nearly ran into the car in front of me on friday night when i seen you walking along the camelon road with the Makovsky Hoodie on.

Had to stop myself from blowing the horn and waving as u would have thought i was some random nutter :lol:

Yeah looked like they had lost it and ran along the armco at the side...it was a bit hairy driving home last night.

Thought one of the most telling things for us last night was Stan at the end the way he went round waving and doing the doughnuts...to my untrained eye it looked to me like a farewell not just a bye see you all next season ???

Roll on next year !!1

A decent meeting round off the 2009 season and the promotion was rewarded with a good sized crowd,difficult to say how many but there was plenty in the main stand so the decision to hold the gate prices at regular rates paid off.

Thats the 1st meeting Ive seen using the handicap system and it seemed to work well with plenty of passing,it did throw up one or two anomalies,the race where Harris broke the track record he was the only rider to start at the tapes but in general it was a good system that had riders still in with a chance right till late in the meeting.

I thought Chris Kerr caught the eye,he has been doing well of late and probably wants the season to continue.Stan Burza made some good passes round the outside and as Bairns Bandit says I think he will not be back next season giving his lap of honour at the end of the meeting.Good to see Schramm and Sike get up from a very nasty looking crash in Ht15,both riders appeared un-injured however both bikes,particularly Schramms,looked a complete right off.Lee Complin again showed his liking for Shielfield and if Stoke dont want him back he will be made more than welcome here at Berwick,from where I sit he was a little unlucky to be excluded in Ht14 as on another night it might have been Makovsky who could have gone.

What did everyone think of the American Kenny Inglis,I thought he did well one his 1st visit and Im sure he will remember his Ht11 win over Harris,Schramm and Rempala.

Finally,well done to Chris Harris on winning the meeting but also taking apart our track record.His ride in Ht13 was great to watch and you could tell it was quick,I think that record could stand for quite a while.

The meeting was absoloutly superb last night some awesome passes due to the faster riders coming from the back and the track, was that not prepared to a magnificent condition last night, well done to everybody involved with the berwick promotion from Lynda and John, to razor to all the family members involved in what has been a great first season in charge, here is to a long and fruitfull time at the top of the Bandits ladder

Edited by Warm&Cosy

Aye it was a great night's racing, well worth doing all the chores around the house for the past week to earn enough Brownie points to come down for the second week in a row !!!

Good to meet you as well, nearly ran into the car in front of me on friday night when i seen you walking along the camelon road with the Makovsky Hoodie on.

Had to stop myself from blowing the horn and waving as u would have thought i was some random nutter :lol:

Yeah looked like they had lost it and ran along the armco at the side...it was a bit hairy driving home last night.

Thought one of the most telling things for us last night was Stan at the end the way he went round waving and doing the doughnuts...to my untrained eye it looked to me like a farewell not just a bye see you all next season ???

Roll on next year !!1

stan wont be their purely just due to polish comitments

A decent meeting round off the 2009 season and the promotion was rewarded with a good sized crowd,difficult to say how many but there was plenty in the main stand so the decision to hold the gate prices at regular rates paid off.

Thats the 1st meeting Ive seen using the handicap system and it seemed to work well with plenty of passing,it did throw up one or two anomalies,the race where Harris broke the track record he was the only rider to start at the tapes but in general it was a good system that had riders still in with a chance right till late in the meeting.

I thought Chris Kerr caught the eye,he has been doing well of late and probably wants the season to continue.Stan Burza made some good passes round the outside and as Bairns Bandit says I think he will not be back next season giving his lap of honour at the end of the meeting.Good to see Schramm and Sike get up from a very nasty looking crash in Ht15,both riders appeared un-injured however both bikes,particularly Schramms,looked a complete right off.Lee Complin again showed his liking for Shielfield and if Stoke dont want him back he will be made more than welcome here at Berwick,from where I sit he was a little unlucky to be excluded in Ht14 as on another night it might have been Makovsky who could have gone.

What did everyone think of the American Kenny Inglis,I thought he did well one his 1st visit and Im sure he will remember his Ht11 win over Harris,Schramm and Rempala.

Finally,well done to Chris Harris on winning the meeting but also taking apart our track record.His ride in Ht13 was great to watch and you could tell it was quick,I think that record could stand for quite a while.

Aye Kenny did well, not bad for a first time seeing the place.

Pretty good meeting I must say. Harris was good to watch, as was Complin, the American Ingalls also looked pretty decent.

Pretty good meeting I must say. Harris was good to watch, as was Complin, the American Ingalls also looked pretty decent.

I thought so but if he was to race over here in the PL wouldnt he come in on an 8pt average making him a big gamble,but you are right he was good.

Oh thats tonights Dinner wjm :lol:

Fantastic Fabtastic Fantastic :lol:

There will be a trip to North Berwick over the closed season to Anderson the butchers :approve: and im sure the Auld yin will be there too :lol:

Sounds like a good meeting. Congratulations to Chris Harris on another track record, having taken the Redcar one on Thursday (in a Wolves race jacket, so we're claiming that one!).

Fantastic Fabtastic Fantastic :lol:

There will be a trip to North Berwick over the closed season to Anderson the butchers :approve: and im sure the Auld yin will be there too :lol:

you should try the lamb and mint bridies, there are the dugs nuts

Does anyone know what Dick was on about when he announced Sike? How can it be an "embarrasment" I believe the term was, to get someone half decent?

you should try the lamb and mint bridies, there are the dugs nuts

Im not trying them if their made with dugs nuts :lol: Nice to speak again last nite big fella :wink:

Excellent meeting to finish off the season. Harris deserved to win and to break the track record was superb. Complin was excellent once again and I would love to see him sign for us next season, he would be a brilliant signing.

Makovsky was good as usual, Barker and Kerr were entertaining while Ingalis impressed me for his 1st time round Berwick.

Overall a really enjoyable meeting and roll on next season :approve:

Good stuff a premier league legend :approve: love or hate him.

Possibly the last time he will ride Berwick if he decides to call it a day after this season so was good of them to give him a nice reception.

Aye, he is a character that will be missed once he retires.

I'll never forget him turning round telling us all to "fook off" after putting it down in front of us.

Then coming out and winning his next heat.

Tootling past us flicking the v's = excellent!

stan wont be their purely just due to polish comitments

is that before or after the hoovering and ironing? :wink: