British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tomcat

The 2009 Elite League Riders' Championship

Well done Leigh. Great credit to British speedway.

Defo agree, hopefully the only thing he wins this month tho :lol:

Well done Leigh. Great credit to British speedway.

Absolutely SG.

Great way to end your season Leigh :wink::lol:

Edited by Wolfsbane

Pleased to see Leigh rewarded with the title to add to his Pairs title he has won with Swindon ..... Makes up for NEVER winning anything as a Team !!!

Sadly though people are now remembering this event as the meeting many drop out of and this year the one that couldn't field 16 riders !

Blimey, the forum bashers have got there clubs out for Richardson at the moment! Nicholls must be glad of the break!

Yep Scotty can breathe a sigh of relief at last!

BTW I was there tonight and the cheers for Scott were VERY obvious (an understatement)--- good to see he's back in favour --- be even better to see him return to Cov. next season. :approve:

And why or would any rider want to take part in the cowpat of a meeting ? a complete waste of time with no doubt fans paying good money to see an event where the top price is no doubt a set of spanners .

Make it worthwhile or don't have it at all ..at the moment it's a rip off and the more riders pull out the better .

Well, your hero No 1 thought it was clearly worthwhile..... :lol:

Well done Leigh...surprisingly not a popular winner with some :blink:

And why or would any rider want to take part in the cowpat of a meeting ? a complete waste of time with no doubt fans paying good money to see an event where the top price is no doubt a set of spanners .

Make it worthwhile or don't have it at all ..at the moment it's a rip off and the more riders pull out the better .

Not worth winning £3,000 and a new bike then is it?

It was actually a very entertaining meeting with the riders all giving 100% - well except for Lee Richardson of course who couldn't be bothered to turn up. It's a wonder he can function as a rider because he's more ill than he's well. :rolleyes: Hope he's not given another chance in the G.P's and I hope if he ever has a testimonial none of the riders bother to support him by giving up their time.

Well done Leigh. Here's hoping there is also another trophy for you to get your hands on soon.

Oh...and I almost forgot great music tonight Superbart/Rich. :approve:

Holder, Harris, Zagar and Hans in the final. Adams has no chance, this is the ELRC don't you know? He never performs well in it.

:D

Edited by Gemini

Not worth winning £3,000 and a new bike then is it?

It was actually a very entertaining meeting with the riders all giving 100% - well except for Lee Richardson of course who couldn't be bothered to turn up. It's a wonder he can function as a rider because he's more ill than he's well. :rolleyes: Hope he's not given another chance in the G.P's and I hope if he ever has a testimonial none of the riders bother to support him by giving up their time.

Well done Leigh. Here's hoping there is also another trophy for you to get your hands on soon.

I used to be a great fan of Lee when he rode for Cov. but sadly I ran out of excuses when trying to defend him. :cry: Does anyone know his reason for pulling out of tonight's meeting?

BTW Gemini I echo your comments for Leigh -- well done to a gentleman rider!

Well, your hero No 1 thought it was clearly worthwhile..... :lol:

Well done Leigh...surprisingly not a popular winner with some :blink:

Lee Richardson's my hero well when David ruud not around ....and change that racejacket not your colour :wink:

Lee Richardson's my hero well when David ruud not around ....and change that racejacket not your colour :wink:

Surely you can find someone that actually deserves hero status...

The Wooluf is staying... Well, 'til they've won the playoffs :approve::wink:

Edited by Jacques

Does anyone know his reason for pulling out of tonight's meeting?

Don't know. Swine Flu? Has he had that yet or is he saving it for another time. :lol:

The Wooluf is staying... Well, 'til they've won the playoffs...

Jacques just one question. Why?

Swindon haven't been champions for over 40 years. Surely you can feel a tad sorry for them, and Wolverhampton of all teams. What are you thinking of. :shock:

Edited by Gemini

He never performs well in it

Agreed! I don't think it has always been high on his agenda but yeah congrats to him this season.

Well what a surprise! It was actually a very entertaining meeting with some good tussles on track. A prize worth winning and in my opinion a million times better than the PLRC last weekend which really was quite boring.

Perhaps the BSPA can now build on tonights meeting and put the ELRC back at the top of the domestic calendar where it belongs.

Also perhaps the BSPA ought to think about barring any rider that drops out of this meeting without a genuine reason from having a testamonial/benefit/farewell meeting when the time comes as they'll expect riders and fans to turn up to support that.

Well done to Leigh Adams who has always been a good servant to the British Leagues

Jacques just one question. Why?

Swindon haven't been champions for over 40 years. Surely you can feel a tad sorry for them, and Wolverhampton of all teams. What are you thinking of. :shock:

I really like most of their riders, a team I'd be proud of...PK, Freddie in particular.

They've gone about their business all season, without a moan or gripe. Provided brilliant entertainment, with a great track which is a pleasure to visit ( despite the lack of loos) and with the exception of one or two on here, have great fans.. simple really :)

Well done Leigh Adams. Bomber and Noddy also rode well and deserved their places on the rostrum.