British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Which Brit Should Get A Wild Card?

True, but is it not a case of giving youth a chance? The quicker young Tai gets into it, the better the outcome. That is my thinking anyway.

Maybe jim ...but getting into it two soon could move him backwards .

The gp should be about who are the top 16 riders in world at the moment not who might be in 5 years ....to me it would be a wrong move for the series and for Tai himself .

Why are people still talking about a wildcard for Scotty ? I read somewhere that he is not going to compete in the GP's next year even if offered a place.

Your second point just shows what a charade the whole GP circus has become; a World Championship should be about ability, not a popularity contest.

I agree 100% - unfortunately it stopped being that in 1996 when the greatest World Championship in international sport was replaced by a hugely flawed 'old boys network' GP series... :cry:

Great idea, lets turn the GP series into a creche.

Snyps! to save me going through 20 pages here!

Who is your choice of Brit?

Nicholls has already said he wouldn't take up the offer even if it was given to him (doubtful anyway)

Harris doesn't deserve another chance, he needs to get back in by earning it through qualifications!

Kennett, can have good meetings and I would dearly love to support him wherever possible, but not sure he is ready for the big stage yet!

Woffinden, seems to be the best choice here, he can certainly mix it with the best, has put in some good scores on larger tracks aswell as the small ones.

Richardson, well needless to say he wouldn't get my vote if he was the only person on the form! proved time and time again previously he ain't GP material

who else is there?

Snyps! to save me going through 20 pages here!

Who is your choice of Brit?

Nicholls has already said he wouldn't take up the offer even if it was given to him (doubtful anyway)

Harris doesn't deserve another chance, he needs to get back in by earning it through qualifications!

Kennett, can have good meetings and I would dearly love to support him wherever possible, but not sure he is ready for the big stage yet!

Woffinden, seems to be the best choice here, he can certainly mix it with the best, has put in some good scores on larger tracks aswell as the small ones.

Richardson, well needless to say he wouldn't get my vote if he was the only person on the form! proved time and time again previously he ain't GP material

who else is there?

My honest answer..... No one. As none of them are good enough to be there. Maybe in 2 or 3 years Tai may be at that level but as of right now they all fall short of what is required IMO

if i was a betting man my money would be on Tai. B)

I think Tai will get a nomination, but if i was him I'd take the Holder route. He isnt as good as Holder was at this point last year, and one more year will not do him any harm.

However he may want to take it in the hope that his Dad will have a better chance of seeing him in the G.P's and therefore take the chance if offered.

Richardson is the only brit who should be considered for next year imo. I'm not a big fan of him, but apart from his last season in the G.P's he didnt do too badly, plus a major benefit is the fact he can gate.