British Speedway Forum
SteveEvans

Cardiff / F1 Date Clash?

I read on Autosport.com that the Britsh F1 GP will be 9-11 July next year, the same weekend as the Cradiff Speedway GP. In past years I have enjoyed these races being on back to back weekends as it makes the long trip from California worthwhile. I know these are seperate sports with seperate governing bodies but there is some crossover of fan base. When I would go to Silverstone part of the charm was camping out all weekend and the jolly. I'm sure there are hundreds or more fans who would do both who now have to make a choice...

with the soccer world cup 2010 in june / july expect loads of changes to regular dates

Edited by Mark

I read on Autosport.com that the Britsh F1 GP will be 9-11 July next year, the same weekend as the Cradiff Speedway GP. In past years I have enjoyed these races being on back to back weekends as it makes the long trip from California worthwhile. I know these are seperate sports with seperate governing bodies but there is some crossover of fan base. When I would go to Silverstone part of the charm was camping out all weekend and the jolly. I'm sure there are hundreds or more fans who would do both who now have to make a choice...

If thats true im going to have a nightmare travelling - as I live in Northampton - and the main and easiest route to get to Cardiff is via Silverstone, - to which the road is normally blocked on the F1 Weekend

This is going to be a logistical nightmare for a lot of people.

Funny how this year the F1 was a lot earlier than usual - and the speedway is going the other way in being later

Guest Steve Dixon
If thats true im going to have a nightmare travelling - as I live in Northampton - and the main and easiest route to get to Cardiff is via Silverstone, - to which the road is normally blocked on the F1 Weekend

Funny how this year the F1 was a lot earlier than usual - and the speedway is going the other way in being later

I live in Northants but never go that way!

Easiest route is M6, M42, M5, M50, no paying to get into Wales either..:-)

The F1 is not at Silverstone next year

and the F1 GP was the week after Cardiff in 2007

What is F1? :blink:

Its up in the top left-hand corner of your Keyboard next to escape, and when you press it you get an introduction to Windows Internet Explorer. :approve:

Hope this helps. :lol:

Saturday 10th July

The British Speedway GP @ Cardiff

The British F1 Qualifying Day

The 3rd/4th play off World Cup match

As soon as they named the date for Cardiff I thought it was a bit weird clashing with the World Cup finals, with it also clashing with the F1 makes it crazy. I have a few mates that go to the F1 and spend the weekend there .... I'm sure a few speedway fans do the same!

Football..............oh that over rated game where people get paid silly money to run round a pitch and look like pansies....................

I'll stick to the GP thanks...................

RP

Football..............oh that over rated game where people get paid silly money to run round a pitch and look like pansies....................

I'll stick to the GP thanks...................

GP's ..... Oh yes thats the under minded night where people pay silly money to watch bikes follow each other around a white line on a circuit not too different to concrete .....

What is F1? :blink:

Its up in the top left-hand corner of your Keyboard next to escape, and when you press it you get an introduction to Windows Internet Explorer. :approve:

Hope this helps. :lol:

:lol: