British Speedway Forum

Looking forward to this, will be my first trip to Newport, what sort of size crowd is expected?

Even someone who "cant use photoshop" has designed a much better programme than the tosh we have had in the past.

And from looking at my 2009 Rye Vs Newport (21/3/09) programme, a much better job than the Rye House programme.

Believe this cover was designed by the new printing company from Bristol who will be doing the Wasps programmes throughout 2010 with a nice glossy programme. :approve:

Fair enough point then, I'd say there is more effort into the cover than a Rye one without a shadow of a doubt, however having the racejacket edited in and the way Hans is cut out is suspect.

The text to the left of Hans has also been stretched vertically, a printing company should know how to justify text properly.

May be best to reserve final judgement until tapes up in March, but if the Malletts are spending out good money for a full glossy programme they should be expecting more than this. Good intentions count for nothing in business.

I hope the new programme isnt all going to be glossy finish, I hate writing the scores on glossy paper much better on the matt finish.

Fair enough point then, I'd say there is more effort into the cover than a Rye one without a shadow of a doubt, however having the racejacket edited in and the way Hans is cut out is suspect.

The text to the left of Hans has also been stretched vertically, a printing company should know how to justify text properly.

May be best to reserve final judgement until tapes up in March, but if the Malletts are spending out good money for a full glossy programme they should be expecting more than this. Good intentions count for nothing in business.

I admit I am pants at such designs but seeing as you seem to be the expert why not lets see one of your designs?

Because it gives off a poor image having an image there that has clearly been edited and cut out poorly :wink:

I'm no expert, but their use of the lasso tools seems fine to me, certainly on a par with most similar things I have seen around tracks and in speedway publications. Perhaps you could point out which areas you feel are substandard?

It is a shame I'm not in work, otherwise I would have asked some people who actually know what they are on about for their opinion on your complaints.

I admit I am pants at such designs but seeing as you seem to be the expert why not lets see one of your designs?

Doing a GNVQ in IT doesn't make him an expert in an industry leading graphics editing program.

Was this at Tabaka's request or did Newport drop him from the meeting?

Have heard from an unofficial source it was something to do with the 6 people he brought over with him who the promotion were meant to be accomodating... although they didn't discover it was 6 people (7 including Tabaka) until this week.

I hope the new programme isnt all going to be glossy finish, I hate writing the scores on glossy paper much better on the matt finish.

If I didnt know better I would call you 21st Century Heathen. :D:o

He hates gloss paper - he earns his speedway spending money from the printing world so whenever there is a testimonal / individual meeting or we go to any an away meeting we get a 'very interesting' lecture on the merits of gloss v Matt!!

Oh happy days!!!! :P:D

Regarding the programme cover, its fine but for one small issue. The lassoing is fine but then it's just been dumped on the page. The 2 layers needed to be merged for it to work well. A minor change would have made a huge difference and then it really would have looked excellent.

Regarding the programme cover, its fine but for one small issue. The lassoing is fine but then it's just been dumped on the page. The 2 layers needed to be merged for it to work well. A minor change would have made a huge difference and then it really would have looked excellent.

I think it looks good too.

But RocketBen seems to think otherwise. perhaps he has had such a large amount of expierience drawing smiley faces on paint he now classes himself as a graphical expert?

I think it looks good too.

But RocketBen seems to think otherwise. perhaps he has had such a large amount of expierience drawing smiley faces on paint he now classes himself as a graphical expert?

Rocketben is just offering an opinion pinny! No need to go all defensive.

With you as website man at Newport it is not surprising though to see you following the Mallett/Florence route of foot in mouth :lol::wink:

Anyway have a good one on Sunday old mucker, watch out for those Newport dogs :shock:

I can't believe everyone is getting so excited about a programme cover. It's fine - not a brilliant design, but not bad either. I'm sure there are 100 and 1 more important issues to address to get the meeting on for Sunday! :rolleyes:

Edited by Dirt Junkie

I can't believe everyone is getting so excited about a programme cover. It's fine - not a brilliant design, but not bad either. I'm sure there are 100 and 1 more important issues to address to get the meeting on for Sunday! :rolleyes:

Totally true Dirt Junkie. All credit to the band of volunteers and helpers who have being working overtime to get the track ready despite the wintry weather. :approve:

Steve rang early this morning to say that the temperature has gone up a tad and that hopefully we will not get a ground frost the next few nights. The gang are working hard again today and we look forward to welcoming you to Queensway Meadows on Sunday --gates open at 11am and first race will be promptly starting at 1pm.

I'm packed and ready and heading for Newport after lunch --with still a load of bits and pieces to complete before those turnstiles open including a trip to Heathrow with Nick to pick up the Swedes tomorrow.

See you all Sunday!! :wink:

Edited by Main Man

what will the cost to get in be please and does it normally get a good crowd to make viewing difficult?

Thanks in advance