British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
superguest

Banks Olympique 19th October

Steve - Ben apparently has come back from the weekend in Poland with flu. As have apparently a lot of them!!!!

Thanks Sandie. Its all going about aint it!!!! :lol:

Absolutely! Sorry you weren't there this year but it saved you attending the coldest meeting you could imagine and on a pathetic track.

did you mean in Poland or Monmore????

Enjoyed this meeting alot.

Freddie a deseved winner. Most impressive riders we're Kerr & Wolbert, good effort for 1st time visit.

Bridger should've done better & was all over the place on occasions. Pity Tai & Ben caught a cold posing for them calendar shots. :wink::lol:

Edited by colincooke

Polans. Sandie was at Monmore.

THanks SB I did indeed mean Poland - I didn't get back till last night so wasn't at Monmore Green. I didn't realise my post could be misinterpreted - silly me!

im all confuzzled and I thunk I knewded what you meaned but now Im not surest!!

I thunk he means Poland but whoie knowse!!! :wink::lol:

Great night for Chris Kerr and I thought Jimmy did himself proud. Hopefully someone will take him onboard.

Great night for Chris Kerr and I thought Jimmy did himself proud. Hopefully someone will take him onboard.

Wouldn't that make you jealous? :shock:

Very impressed with Kevin Wolbert last night.

Disappointed by Kenny Larsen who just seemed to have bad luck. Still rate him as one to watch.

Well done to Lindgren and Harris. Pity Klindt couldn't beat Nicholls!

Polans. Sandie was at Monmore.

THanks SB I did indeed mean Poland - I didn't get back till last night so wasn't at Monmore Green. I didn't realise my post could be misinterpreted - silly me!

thanks both.

Kerr - my MOTM. determined effort all night and passing from the back. Great night for Chris. Well done.

Can't believe I'm going to do this but here goes. I agree!!! Chris Kerr was MOTM for me too. Easily the best I've ever seen him ride. I thought he was unlucky in his first ride, at least from my view point. After that he was quick and controlled while picking up points from the back in what was, at least on paper, a very tough looking meeting for him. Top marks.

Freddie was the best rider on display but was a touch lucky because he certainly touched Cam when he dived inside him, and it could be argued the touch caused the Aussie to fall. Even a Freddie fan I was stood with agreed so no bias from me. As I say, he was the best rider out there and deserved to win from that point of view.

Bomber and Scott were best of the rest but both looked subdued. I was actually willing Klindt to pass Nicholls in the run-off because I thought he'd ridden well and was a touch unlucky not to have scored the extra point that would have given him third by right. He also rode a cracker in the run-off to give Scott a really hard time for the full four laps. A really super effort and a great race to watch.

Bridger looked to be trying too hard, as is often the case with him. I think this is his problem rather than the accusation of being out of control that some level at him. Had he just relaxed a bit more and not tried to force it I think second place to Freddie was there for the taking from him. Good value and his race with Bomber was superb. Klindt had disappeared up front. Bridger was riding hard around the outside of Bomber with Kerr at the back creeping up while they weren't looking. Bridger looked odds on to pass Bomber about 6 times before Kerr managed to sneak past Bridger around the inside on the last bend. Terrific race.

Wolbert was very good value and I was certainly impressed by him. Based on that performance a place in the EL next season will not put him out of his depth.

Of the rest I would say that Larsen was disappointing, as was Woodward. Robo and Lawson did about what you would expect, and ditto that for Skornicki. Proctor was disappointing from the back but scored okay and took advantage when he had a head start. Haines did a very respectable job and did well to just about out-pace Bomber for a heat win in his last outing, although that was from a 15m heat start. The Americans found the pace too hot, though Fishback held on well to win a heat. That said he was only facing Ingalls from a level start, Larsen with 10m head start and Haines with a 15m head start. Haines got through to 2nd and got very close but just ran out of time and laps. One more bend and Haines would have been through though. Based on that I would put the American down as PL reserve at this stage. Sorry if I missed anyone out.

Sandie - Looked for you at the end but assume you had left.