British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Leigh Adams Last Gp At Bydgoszcz

Looks a bit dampiish (and quiet although it is a bit early) in Bydgoszcz at the moment - go to:http://www.bydgoszcz.com/site/

:blink::blink:

sad to see the end ofleigh adams in the GP, BUT THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES.A true gentleman on andoff the track and always honest guy, one of the nice guys of the sport.

Hopefully 2010 will see Mr Swindon speedway back with the Robins as well as returning to his Polis and Swedish clubs.

THANK YOU MR LEIGH ADAMAS, will be interesting to see if he receives anything form the authorities today in recognition of his GP efforts. makes the wildcard entries even more interesting and which British rider will get the nod if any?????? goT to be TIA WOFFINDEN,

.................will be interesting to see if he receives anything form the authorities today in recognition of his GP efforts. ........................

I nearly suffered from SCB's problem then, I was laughing so much. There is no way that the authorities will stoop to recognise any rider when he retires from GP racing. They hardly even acknowledged it when Tony Rickardsson retired - and he was arguably the best world champion of modern times. They may just mention it when Greg Hancock finally retires at the age of 987, but I won't be holding my breath.

I am sad that Leigh has decided to call it a day, but not suprised. His GP form this season has been woefully poor by his high standards. I'll still cheer him on tonight though - I'll have to find a new hero next year!

Iv'e known Leigh for a while, a great bloke a great team (Mroz, Broady, Mario, Randy, Tommy Cox) it just seems the planets did not align themselves for Leigh to win a world title.

You may well call him Mr Clean, The Book, The Man from Mildura, The Sultan of Swing, The Pride of Swindon:

But what Leigh has done for upcoming riders in Australia is a legacy that will long live on for the next decade and more. (and it's showing)

Good luck Schwoss.

Congratulations to Leigh tonight, a great way to sign off from the GP series.

Easily my favourite rider over the past 6 or 7 years and Saturday nights watching the GP's wont be the same........who do I support now???

Well done tonight Leigh, for a minute I thought you were going to get it!! A true gentleman, you will be missed in the SGP

Congratulations to Leigh on his 2nd place tonight.

Was it me, or did it appear that Leigh was perhaps mean't to win that final.

Just going on Nicki P's reactions at the end of the race. almost like a "Sorry

mate, I forgot to let you through" type reaction.

Whatever it was, at least made a final to end his GP career on, for which I'm

chuffed.

Glad to hear he is not thinking of retiring from League racing for a while.

Hopefully he will be back in 2010 to lead Swindon.

An excellent way to sign off must confess to having a tear in my eye but fortunatly no excess of pee although that could be contributed to someones incontinence or inability to leave computer chair ......well done Leigh top man!

Edited by hagonshocker

Congratulations leigh on bowing out with pride and superb performance, sadly missed next year in the GP.

CONGRATULATIONS TO Jason Crump worthy world champion, and sucha nice gesture t comment on the retiring Leigh Adams. both a credit to the sport.

I was goingint to also cogratulate Tomas Gollob but since he spat his dummy out andparked his bike on the track to stop a race.. you are a discrace and wont happen but love to see the book thrown at him for his actions but what ever fine he gets will be pea nuts to him.

Have only just managed to watch Leigh's final effort in the GP due to my PC losing all Internet connections at just after 9pm last night. A brave effort, but it seems to have been his destiny to finish 2nd to Nicki P, just like in 2007.

And congratulations to Jason Crump - great to have a Bristolian World champion again !!

All hail the mighty Clean One! GP nights just won't be the same without him. :cry:

That final race said it all for me - just a whisker away - the story of so many seasons at this level for Swindon's sliding superstar. Thanks for the memories Leigh. :approve:

Edited by Seb the Snail

The saying goes ; always the bridesmaid never the bride. It would have been lovely to have seen Leigh as number one in his last GP, but reality strikes.

Fortunately not lost to the British Elite League hopefully of a couple of years plus.

Well done Leigh, one of the best riders never to be World Champion, but at least I wont have to watch him struggling at Cardiff again