British Speedway Forum

Generous of you but irrelevant to most!

That comment is even more irrelevant! :sad:

Congratulations Jason. Triple World Champion, never out of the first three since 2001, a brilliant record which reflects what a superb and consistent rider he is.

Thanks for posting that, Aces51. I knew he'd had a reserved spot on the podium for a few years. I was going to research exactly how many before posting it on here. What a record! What a man!

Some say that the SGP format rewards the consistent rather than the best. If there is a difference, I don't know. In my opinion Jason has been both this season anyway and what a superb record of World Championship podium placements.

Seems a long time ago that I spoke with Jason and his mum in the pits at the practice for the Australasian Final in 1981 at Liverpool. I'm pleased that one of us made a success of our lives :lol:

Live long and prosper Jason.

Well done crumpie, well deservered world champ

Well done to Crumpy , very deserved title and probably the best man off the track to be Speedway WC as he conducts him self as a Champion should.

Mark Webber pays tribute to Jason Crump (and Casey Stoner for his Phillip Island motogp win) on BBC TV live.

Thanks Mark, what a diamond bloke.

Mark Webber pays tribute to Jason Crump (and Casey Stoner for his Phillip Island motogp win) on BBC TV live.

Yep, watched by 10 million on BBC1, plus millions of others worldwide. :approve: Well done Mark Webber.

All the best

Rob

Some say that the SGP format rewards the consistent rather than the best.

Haven't you got to be consistently the best to be top of the series.

Carrying an injury and still managing to prevail, takes courage and determination.

Well done Jason!!!

I was wondering if Mark Webber would mention Jason Crump in the winners press conference, and he came up trumps! Webbers comments, which referred to the fact that Jason had overcome an horrendous injury to win the World Championship, present a unique opportunity for BSI/IMG to publicise the sport to a much wider audience. Hopefully they will capitalise on this by issuing a full press release, highlighting Webbers friendship with Crump and telling the story of Jasons fightback from injury to win the title.

It's not everyday that the winner of an F1 race pays tribute to a speedway rider in the post race press conference! Please don't let it go to waste...

Well done Crumpy a champion both on and off the track.

Loved the mention on F1 today as well.

Well Done Jason!! ......and even better Well Done Mark Webber!!! Was amazed to hear Speedway mentioned on F1/BBC ...Well done that man and heres to many more moments of publicity albeit via Aussies :lol: Gunna have a RED BULL now! Roll on 2010

So, as we all expected, Jason Crump won the 2009 World Championship. This is particularly meritorious in view of his injury. Congratulations to him.

Commiserations to Tomasz Gollob definitlely worth the silver medal. Sad that he was so near and yet, once again, so far in the final anaysis. Maybe he could do it yet - this generally unsung hero outside his own land.

To me, however, the outstanding rider of the series and of the night is 18 year old [?] Emil Satfurdinov - before this season a little known Russian rider. The rider of whom most said 'Emil who?' Here is a rider of whom it can be said with a fair degree of truth - perhaps even a hint of certainty - is a future World Champion..

Warmest congratulations and best wishes for a great future in speedway to Emil Satfurdinov, the latest of many fine sportsmen and sportswomen his country has produced.

Edited by Ron Butler

Nice mention and bit of praise for Crumpy by Keith Heuwen on yesterdays Nascar prog.

Nuff said.

Agree to quote Wuffy '110%' :shock:

Crump deserves the title on any level you care to discuss.

I always liked watching his dad but the kid done well.

A worthy World Champion who has been before and will be in 2010 a credit to his chosen sport.

As pointed out above though Emil was indeed Rider Of The GP Series.

An awesome performance from the young lad.

Tomas Gollob sadly never stood on the top rostrum and that was/is a tragedy. But Emil is the best rider I have seen since I saw the late great legendary Tommy Jansson score an 18 point max for Young Sweden on a track he had never even heard of let alone seen and I am sure that he will not suffer like Gollob and will be Champ before long.

Edited by pandorum