British Speedway Forum
Guest Ashie Smashy

Gollob - 2010 Race Suspension?

Gollob was in the wrong and should be banned. How you can question that is beyond me

Over the years others have done worse!!!! A LOT worse than what Gollob did!

As I know nothing about speedway I wouldn't really be allowed to comment on that would I? ..... as I never saw it did I? :rolleyes:

Think that is where you are WRONG on both counts sunshine!

Edited by shazzybird

Over the years others have done worse!!!! A LOT worse than what Gollob did!

I wont disagree with that. As someone pointed out Emil and Scottys punch up could be seen as worse, but they didnt endanger other riders lifes in doing so. Ok we was lucky no one hit the bike but what if they had and were left paralysed or killed then what? We cant have riders leaving bikes whereever they see for and therefore the FIM have to make an example of Gollob.

You was doing well until your immature edit. For a second i though you would act your age and discuss the matter like all the others.

Edited by Snyper1010

I wont disagree with that. As someone pointed out Emil and Scottys punch up could be seen as worse, but they didnt endanger other riders lifes in doing so. Ok we was lucky no one hit the bike but what if they had and were left paralysed or killed then what? We cant have riders leaving bikes whereever they see for and therefore the FIM have to make an example of Gollob.

They didn't though did they!!!!! yes they could of done BUT they DIDN'T!!!

You was doing well until your immature edit. For a second i though you would act your age and discuss the matter like all the others.

I'm not discussing anything with you or anyone else .... I said my opinion that was the way I felt about the situation you carried it on! Now like I said the ignore button is a wonderful thing.

They didn't though did they!!!!! yes they could of done BUT they DIDN'T!!!

So we let riders get away with what ever they want and only punish them AFTER someone is injured or killed. What a great place speedway would be with you making the rules.

It'd be empty if you were! Hefty fine yes ..... ban him no

Jeez, that took forever to get through those pages!

1. on all counts I felt Gollob was in the wrong, he leant into Nicki coming into first bend gave Nicki no chance to turn the bike! He left the gap for Nicki to aim for, then tried to cover his mistake and was too late there! However, the worst thing was parking his bike on the track and stropping off! No doubt the Polish Authorities will let this pass as he is still their "GOD" but something needs to be done, I still do not feel his so called apology after the meeting was actually aimed at him leaving the bike on the track the way he did!

2. Tony Steele made all the correct decisions tonight and even when he held the tapes for longer than was expected it was due to riders moving at the start, he would have made it clear beforehand exactly what he would do so they knew what to expect!

3. The GP Season is over for another year - let us just Congratulate Jason on his win and move on!

So we let riders get away with what ever they want and only punish them AFTER someone is injured or killed. What a great place speedway would be with you making the rules.

I'd like you to take the comment back please, anyone that knows me and my family will understand why here.

I'd like you to take the comment back please, anyone that knows me and my family will understand why here.

There is no need for me to take that comment back, it was in no way offensive to anyone at all. You are making the point that no one was injured so he shouldnt be banned. Im asking you should we let riders away with what ever they want until we have a major accident and then act on it.

Speedway is dangerous enough as it is without pig ignorant riders making it even more so with petulant and immature and down right disrepectful behaviour.

I'm in no way condoning what Gollob did, because it was disrespectful to his fellow riders.

However, how dangerous was it really, he did park his bike on the inside of the track, in fact it was behind the point where the start marshall stood to show the 1 lap & chequered flag, so not likely to be in anyones way.

The way that some people on here are reacting, (ban him for the season :rolleyes: ) you would have thought he had parked it in the middle of the track on the racing line.

He needs a fine, and possibly a suspended sentence.

For me, I would make him apologise to all his fellow competitors (especially those in the race).

However, how dangerous was it really, he did park his bike on the inside of the track, in fact it was behind the point where the start marshall stood to show the 1 lap & chequered flag, so not likely to be in anyones way.

The position you have described, is the preferred position the FIM officials want a rider to stop his bike, if not under power.

There was a rider once (cant remember the name off the top off my head sorry) He hit the fence and bounced down into the centre green where he hit a stationary tractor and unfortunately was killed.

Anything could have happened with Gollobs bike. Hindsight is a great thing.

There was a rider once (cant remember the name off the top off my head sorry) He hit the fence and bounced down into the centre green where he hit a stationary tractor and unfortunately was killed.

Stuart Shirley

IMO the safety side of centre greens needs to be sorted, start line girls, track announcers, photographers, medical staff, start marshals, flag marshals are all potential victims. On some of the Sky meetings it looks like there's more people on the infield than in the crowd