British Speedway Forum
beercellar

Prague May 22nd Its Official This Time

Who??? icon_lol.gif

Dear Mr CMVO6,I am delighted to inform you that your application for the village idiot post has been successful.Please report Monday morning.Your duties will include scuba diving with a party of stupid rich tourists in the River Ouse,and being slapped about the pus with an halibut.once again my congratulations. ;);) yours etc etc :D

Edited by Young51

Who did I slate apart from Gollob and Blunkett in the Box???

Why am I a disgrace? Because I had the audacity to speak ill of your favourite rider???

Why do you have to assume your opinion is the only correct one????

Mikael Max/Karlsson is my favourite rider - if you must know :approve:

Don't tell me you've started on David Howe as well? biggrin.gif

Now come on, weve ALL moved on from that one - even me :lol:

Dear Mr CMVO6,I am delighted to inform you that your application for the village idiot post has been successful.Please report Monday morning.Your duties will include scuba diving with a party of stupid rich tourists in the River Ouse,and being slapped about the pus with an halibut.once again my congratulations. yours etc etc

well called. :lol:

Stevebrum and Young51, the impression that I am getting is that you are a couple of those keyboard commando geeks who get all mouthy because you are tucked up safely in your homes. I don't normally get bothered by people like you but continuing to call me an idiot is wearing my patience a bit thin. So I propose that if you are both attending Cardiff this year, you and I can arrange to meet up and you can explain to me, to my face, why I am an idiot. I will be more than happy to give you plenty of reasons as to why you are wrong to think you can speak to me like that. I don't mind meeting you both together, in fact I would prefer it so if you are willing to take me up on the offer then PM me and we can make arrangements. If not, then I would ask that you refrain from these personal attacks and leave me alone.

Many Thanks icon_smile_approve.gif

Stevebrum and Young51, the impression that I am getting is that you are a couple of those keyboard commando geeks who get all mouthy because you are tucked up safely in your homes. I don't normally get bothered by people like you but continuing to call me an idiot is wearing my patience a bit thin. So I propose that if you are both attending Cardiff this year, you and I can arrange to meet up and you can explain to me, to my face, why I am an idiot. I will be more than happy to give you plenty of reasons as to why you are wrong to think you can speak to me like that. I don't mind meeting you both together, in fact I would prefer it so if you are willing to take me up on the offer then PM me and we can make arrangements. If not, then I would ask that you refrain from these personal attacks and leave me alone.

Why don't you go meet up with Mr Gollob and tell him what an animal he is instead of hiding behind your keyboard.

Why don't you go meet up with Mr Gollob and tell him what an animal he is instead of hiding behind your keyboard.

I doubt Gollob would be too worried about what one bloke in England thought about him, I'm sure that he gets called far worse by opposition supporters in Poland.

Have you never given a negative opinion about a speedway rider before??? I see people writing far worse about other Speedway riders on this forum (and other sportsmen/women) and no one says a word about it. Can't understand why so many people are getting their knickers in a twist about the word 'animal', if you all weren't so serious, I'd find it funny rolleyes.gif

Hey there CMVO6 :mad: i would be more than happy to meet up with you,and you would find out i am no "keyboard commando geek".You should at least have some intellectual backup to the keek you are coming out with.People who don't back up there arguments with something substantial get on my bristols.Best of luck with your new job by the way.It would give me great pleasure to "leave you alone" justTHINK before your keyboard starts spouting crapola :lol: .May peace and a sense of humour be with you my son.p.s my animal friend Tomek will be at Cardiff too so we can have a jolly old kneesup together :wink: If your patience is wearing thin there's an offer on ebay at the moment-enjoy B) Edited by Young51

Now come on, weve ALL moved on from that one - even me :lol:

Yes I thought you had when I didn't spot you on his wedding photos. :P

Have now returned from Prague and would like to say that track was best it has ever been. Ole Olsen was around which was a bit strange, but imagine was in his new capacity. Track has one problem when sun is shining in that home straight is in the shade, and remainder is drying out quicker, hence the dust at times. The track was watered and graded as usual after each four heats. Seemed to be a problem on third bend when Emil Sayfutinov fell and also of course the Gollob/Jonsson incident, which has taken up a lot of this topic. I personally like Andreas, but no way was Gollob at fault. It was a racing incident and Gollob was in front at the time, the various camera angles do perhaps give a different impression. For example it appears as if Tomasz back wheel caught Andreas leg. At least Andreas exclusion meant the annoying Swedes did not keep standing up and waving their banner, although they did when Gollob came out. Someone in our party new to Speedway and had only seen it on TV was impressed how fast it was. Really think you had to be there this time to get true picture of what was happening. Have not seen TV coverage yet, but can assure any doubters Nigel Pearson was definitely at the track.

In spite of what people say Prague should stay on the GP circuit, it is a natural track in a lovely city, with direct flights from various airports in UK. Once there public transport is excellent, oh and the beer is good as well.

The city was really buzzing this time as well because the Czechs beat Russia at Ice Hockey for the cup.

Stevebrum and Young51, the impression that I am getting is that you are a couple of those keyboard commando geeks who get all mouthy because you are tucked up safely in your homes.

Too late to get defensive when you slander others for having a different opinion to yours. If you dont like others having a different opinion to yours and telling them (via the keyboard obviously) and then get wound up when others have a go back then you have the answer dont you??? :rolleyes:

I take it your intelligent enough to work that out.

As for meeting up at Cardiff to `discuss` . IF i was going id be going to enjoy myself not to feed your ego so get over that notion. I dont go to Cardiff straight and simple because im not a fan of the man made tracks.

Now if you would lke a sensible discussion about something why not initiate something we could discuss, instead of slating others for thinking different to you.

He can tell him at Cardiff :lol:

Edited by stevebrum

Yes I thought you had when I didn't spot you on his wedding photos. :P

:lol:

:lol:

More Power to you Stevebrum!Like yourself iam not a fan of the one off tracks like Cardiff.Went there the first year-fantastic occasion even though i was a mile up in the gods.As for the racing it was pretty dire.Maybe my bottle of single malt whisky helped me along :D I could always invite our good friend CMVO6 up to Bonnie Scotland....but then again.. :wink:

More Power to you Stevebrum!Like yourself iam not a fan of the one off tracks like Cardiff.Went there the first year-fantastic occasion even though i was a mile up in the gods.As for the racing it was pretty dire.Maybe my bottle of single malt whisky helped me along :D I could always invite our good friend CMVO6 up to Bonnie Scotland....but then again.. :wink:

guess its up to us to shown CMV06 how to have a proper conversation :P

Maybe this type of poster might learn that if your gonna hurl out bile at people he might just get it back!!!

OR im guessing not!!!!

As for Cardiff - always fancied going just for the experience. However for me if the racing isnt on a good track then its likely to be second rate. From what ive seen on the box of it yearly it usually is! With the odd exception of 2 years ago.

Poor Scotland, if you would invite CM up - Scotland definetly doesnt deserve :lol:

guess its up to us to shown CMV06 how to have a proper conversation :P

Maybe this type of poster might learn that if your gonna hurl out bile at people he might just get it back!!!

OR im guessing not!!!!

As for Cardiff - always fancied going just for the experience. However for me if the racing isnt on a good track then its likely to be second rate. From what ive seen on the box of it yearly it usually is! With the odd exception of 2 years ago.

Poor Scotland, if you would invite CM up - Scotland definetly doesnt deserve :lol:

Yes :lol: Invitation to CMVO6 hasn't gone down well with my fellow countrymen.in fact they mentioned building extensions on to Hadrians Wall and passport checkpoints ;) Cardiff a great experience but expensive and not for the "speedway purist" to quote Dave Lanning

Have now returned from Prague and would like to say that track was best it has ever been. Ole Olsen was around which was a bit strange, but imagine was in his new capacity. Track has one problem when sun is shining in that home straight is in the shade, and remainder is drying out quicker, hence the dust at times. The track was watered and graded as usual after each four heats. Seemed to be a problem on third bend when Emil Sayfutinov fell and also of course the Gollob/Jonsson incident, which has taken up a lot of this topic. I personally like Andreas, but no way was Gollob at fault. It was a racing incident and Gollob was in front at the time, the various camera angles do perhaps give a different impression. For example it appears as if Tomasz back wheel caught Andreas leg. At least Andreas exclusion meant the annoying Swedes did not keep standing up and waving their banner, although they did when Gollob came out. Someone in our party new to Speedway and had only seen it on TV was impressed how fast it was. Really think you had to be there this time to get true picture of what was happening. Have not seen TV coverage yet, but can assure any doubters Nigel Pearson was definitely at the track.

In spite of what people say Prague should stay on the GP circuit, it is a natural track in a lovely city, with direct flights from various airports in UK. Once there public transport is excellent, oh and the beer is good as well.

The city was really buzzing this time as well because the Czechs beat Russia at Ice Hockey for the cup.

On Television the crowd looked pretty small. Lots of empty seats on the home straight and only about 10 deep on the back straight. Was it as bad as it looked.They only had about 3,500 there last year

Yes :lol: Invitation to CMVO6 hasn't gone down well with my fellow countrymen.in fact they mentioned building extensions on to Hadrians Wall and passport checkpoints ;) Cardiff a great experience but expensive and not for the "speedway purist" to quote Dave Lanning

If i was your fellow countrymen id have you ostrasized for such a terrible thing to try to do :lol:

Checkpoints are the very least you can do lol

Completely agree regards Cardiff. Got friends that go every year and there opinion is - its a great day, who cares if the racing aint all that good??? If im paying to watch speedway id like to see good racing - from a true speedway fan :wink: