British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
barrow boy

Stoke Speedway's Pride Of The Potteries 25.10.09

THinking of going to this which at the time of doing this post has only 3 confirmed riders in Ben Barker, Nikoli Klindt & Jason Bunyan.

Would any Stoke fans like to update this thread whenever they hear of any additions to the line up

FULL LINE UP ANNOUNCED

STOKE stage the prestigious Pride of the Potteries Individual meeting at

Loomer Road on Sunday at 3pm, where sixteen riders take to the track in

order to win the coveted trophy.

Former Stoke rider Ben Barker who joined Coventry in the Elite League heads the line up along with Belle Vue’s James Wright and Elite League championship winner Nicolai Klindt along with former Reading rider Sam Simota. Coventry’s American Ricky Wells who was close to signing for the Potters at the beginning of this season makes his first appearance in a competitive meeting at Chesterton circuit.

Premier League Riders Champion Ricky Ashworth who always goes well

around the Loomer Road bowl heads the Premier contingent in the line up the Tigers number one has had a good season with Sheffield this season having taken over the number one race jacket this season as he replaced Andre Compton. Birmingham’s Richard Sweetman who has been in good form of

late for the Brummies with a string of high scores which saw Birmingham

reach the Premier League end of season promotion play off’s.

Former Mildenhall and Somerset rider Henning Loof makes his first

appearance of the season at Stoke while former Stoke Spitfires skipper Luke Priest takes his place alongside this seasons Stoke number eight Gareth Isherwood who has spent the season on loan at National League outfit Buxton.

The Potters charge for the title is led by number one Jason Bunyan and

skipper Lee Complin who will both be looking to finish the season off with a victory in the individual meeting. Tom P Madsen, Jesper Kristiansen and Klaus Jakobsen will also be looking to end the season on a high and also make sure they impress promoter Dave Tattum with a view to a team place for next season.

Dave Tattum said “I feel this is a decent field that will entertain the public and put on a good show. They are all racers and capable of lifting the trophy. I expect that Jason and Lee will be in the mix for the Potters and I know they

will face a stiff challenge from Ben, James, Nicolai and not forgetting the two Ricky’s (Wells and Ashworth) who may well be in the mix at the end of the meeting. To be honest I cannot really pick a winner out of that bunch and I’m sure it will be a great meeting for the supporters with several riders in contention for the title.”

Former Stoke, Crewe and Ellesmere Port rider John Jackson will make the presentations at the meeting.

Line up in Riding Order: Jesper Kristiansen (Stoke), Gareth Isherwood (Buxton/Stoke), Ricky Wells (Coventry), Jason Bunyan (Stoke), Ben Barker (Coventry), Ricky Ashworth (Sheffield), Sam Simota (Unattached), Jari Makinen (Somerset), James Wright (Belle Vue), Klaus Jakobsen (Stoke), Luke Priest (Mildenhall), Tom P Madsen (Stoke), Lee Complin (Stoke), Nicolai Klindt (Wolverhampton), Henning Loof (Unattached), Richard Sweetman (Birmingham)

Reserve: Jonathan Bethell

According to the Stoke website this the line up for the Pride of the Potteries

Line up in Riding Order: Jesper Kristiansen (Stoke), Gareth Isherwood (Buxton/Stoke), Ricky Wells (Coventry), Jason Bunyan (Stoke), Ben Barker (Coventry), Ricky Ashworth (Sheffield), Sam Simota (Unattached), Jari Makinen (Somerset), James Wright (Belle Vue), Klaus Jakobsen (Stoke), Luke Priest (Mildenhall), Tom P Madsen (Stoke), Lee Complin (Stoke), Nicolai Klindt (Wolverhampton), Henning Loof (Unattached), Richard Sweetman (Birmingham)

Reserve: Jonathan Bethell

Looks a decent field with a couple of riders possibly in contention but my money would be on Ben Barker for this one.

Edited by Rob 3

I heard Isherwood has retired... :unsure:

I heard Isherwood has retired... :unsure:

Maybe he quit Buxton so that he was available to ride in Mr Tattum's meeting.

Nice for stoke to run on a Sunday afternoon at 3pm when Buxton have a meeting :angry: Oh I forgot, they probably have to run in an afternoon as, like Buxton, they have no lights :)

I'd expect Nicolai to do well in this one.

He scored 11+1 in the Dan Giffard Farewell meeting last night and seems to go well around Stoke.

Nicolai always scores quite well when up against the PL riders, so I think it could be between Ben and Nic for this one :approve:

Will make a 3rd and final attempt to get to Stoke on sunday! After previous attempts to see Edinburgh and the USA Dream Team ended in darkness :rolleyes:

Decent line up on the whole, surprised to see Isherwood riding, thought he had retired?

It will be good to see Sam Simota back in the saddle after a long absence!

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

According to the Stoke website this the line up for the Pride of the Potteries

James Wright (Belle Vue),....... Richard Sweetman (Birmingham)

These two riders will be riding for Belle Vue at Edinburgh this afternoon after the unfortunate rain off yesterday.

These two riders will be riding for Belle Vue at Edinburgh this afternoon after the unfortunate rain off yesterday.

Anyone know who is riding instead ?

Still need a texter.....anyone?