British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
barrow boy

Stoke Speedway's Pride Of The Potteries 25.10.09

Bunyan 14 Barker 14 Klindt 13 great win for Bunny.

Thanks for that Boozer, well done Mr Bunyan. How did Ricky Ashworth go?

Thanks for that Boozer, well done Mr Bunyan. How did Ricky Ashworth go?

Not sure mate I didn't go I just got the result on Potters Power.

Not sure mate I didn't go I just got the result on Potters Power.

Thanks anyway mate

Thanks anyway mate

He did OK.

He had a few bike problems and pulled out of one race but featured in a terrific race with Bunyan, the home rider just getting the edge after 3 laps with not a bike length between them.

Fairly mundane meeting, came alive in the above race and last heat decider between Barker, Klindt & Bunyan (at that stage Klindt & Barker were unbeaten, Bunyan dropped a point to Simota).

Klindt gated with Bunyan just behind, Barker making a bad start. Bunyan then brilliantly swept round Klindt on the 4th turn, almost touching the fence as he did and although Barker passed Klindt he couldn't catch the Potter. Superb finish, and showed just what a fine race track Loomer Road can be. :approve:

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Thanks anyway mate

6 points

had engine problems then crashed after his 4th ride & didnt take his 5th

Bunyan 14

Barker 14

Klindt 13

Wells 12

Fab heat 20 Bunyan scraped fence to pass Klindt on outside & Barker nipped inside Klindt for second

Beat me to it HT

Edited by sancho

He did OK.

He had a few bike problems and pulled out of one race but featured in a terrific race with Bunyan, the home rider just getting the edge after 3 laps with not a bike length between them.

Fairly mundane meeting, came alive in the above race and last heat decider between Barker, Klindt & Bunyan (at that stage Klindt & Barker were unbeaten, Bunyan dropped a point to Simota).

Klindt gated with Bunyan just behind, Barker making a bad start. Bunyan then brilliantly swept round Klindt on the 4th turn, almost touching the fence as he did and although Barker passed Klindt he couldn't catch the Potter. Superb finish, and showed just what a fine race track Loomer Road can be. :approve:

Thanks Halifaxtiger, really appreciate the info. Glad you enjoyed Ricky's race with Jason and the final. Have seen some great racing on my visits to Loomer Rd this season

He did OK.

Good summing up from HT :approve:

Unfortunately with Wright and Sweetman having to be withdrawn, and Ricky Ashworth first having bike problems then withdrawing after a fall after the finish line in his 4th race there were too many heats where there were two seperate races going on!

Also there were 3 races with only three riders as there was no reserev in attendance, but overall a fair meeting although it took over 1 hour and 45 mins to run the first 12 heats :rolleyes:

Heat 20 was indeed a superb finish and worth the journey just to see that race. Outside the first three Wells looked good as did Sam Simota especially after his first ride where he went off 15 mtrs and was basically 'having a look', he would certainly be an interesting signing for a PL side in 2010!

Good summing up from HT :approve:

Unfortunately with Wright and Sweetman having to be withdrawn, and Ricky Ashworth first having bike problems then withdrawing after a fall after the finish line in his 4th race there were too many heats where there were two seperate races going on!

Also there were 3 races with only three riders as there was no reserev in attendance, but overall a fair meeting although it took over 1 hour and 45 mins to run the first 12 heats :rolleyes:

Heat 20 was indeed a superb finish and worth the journey just to see that race. Outside the first three Wells looked good as did Sam Simota especially after his first ride where he went off 15 mtrs and was basically 'having a look', he would certainly be an interesting signing for a PL side in 2010!

a few good races but the meeting took far too long to complete- not helped by the meeting starting at nearly 3.30 instead of 3pm as advertised!!!

The meeting started at 3-15 not 3 PM.

The time the meeting took to run would've been much shorter had Mr Tattum not insisted on 10 minutes of grading every 4 heats, i mean is that really neccessary. I was told he does that every week. :blink:

Well done to Mr Bunnyman & that Heat 20 move was well worth the wait,would've preferrred a run-off though & i'm sure Bunny & Benny boy would have too.

Hope the person that had the head injury is ok.

The meeting started at 3-15 not 3 PM.

The time the meeting took to run would've been much shorter had Mr Tattum not insisted on 10 minutes of grading every 4 heats, i mean is that really neccessary. I was told he does that every week. :blink:

Exactly, it got so bad at one point the referee put on the red lights to try and stop him :rolleyes:

It hardly made any difference to the track anyway!

Can I ask someone for riders points and heat after heat? I need it to my website :)

Great thanks, I didn't know that Stoke has such website :)