British Speedway Forum

thanks to Pete Hill who can certainly teach Mr Millard a thing or too.

Thats not hard now is it!

Haines non appearance was very disappointing and with the Wolverhampton dinner and dance being last night who knows?

The heat 1 crash was nasty and best wishes to Schramm after he came in late and withdrew from a very nasty hand injury.

Very pleased to see Hughes on the podium as he said he was so unlucky in the NLRC, if hes not a Rocket in 2010 what else does he have to do.

Personally thought it was great to see Kennett back to his passing ways at Rye and thought he was the best man on show despite not winning!

Incidentally where was Mr Haines last night, round Shadders place?
If he was he must have a key, cos we were out until gone midnight

Craig Saul did say he was feeling jaded after his heat one crash, even if he didn't what else would he be feeling jaded about? :blink:

I agree that meeting reserves should have been there, in fact I believe the only Cobra at the meeting was Ben Morley, the only one of the NL side who couldn't have had a ride due to his age!

I'm not sure why Kyle and Jerran were your highlighs, Kyle is a good rider and I want him in the Rye side next year, but he scraped through to the final and had a huge chunk of luck with Luke falling there. As for Jerran, in his three races he gated he won, the three he didn't gate, well he came last, highly exciting...

As for Luke he was the highlight of the evening, he was clearly not content to just pick up points in his qualifying heats and was racing his hardest, trying different lines to pass EL opposition. In the semi-final he made a jet propelled gate and held off Eddie well. The final was perhaps a step too far, he clearly wanted to win, not just for the grand but because he loves the club. He bust a gut in the final and his fall was mighty unluck and ultimately cost him a possible £800.

I agree with you about the 16 man individuals however, watching Edward Kennett and Olly Allen race each other four times last night lacked a little variety and there would have been less three rider races in a 16 man field.

All told a decent nights entertainment on a difficult track to round off the season.

"Craig Saul did say he was feeling jaded after his heat one crash, even if he didn't what else would he be feeling jaded about? :blink: "

Plenty of reasons, tired, bored, hungover, who knows.. jaded doesn't mean injured, sounds from other posts he may have been taking the mickey somewhat!

I like watching Lewis ride but he does get himself a bit of a reputation al a Barker doesn't he.

"I'm not sure why Kyle and Jerran were your highlighs, Kyle is a good rider and I want him in the Rye side next year, but he scraped through to the final and had a huge chunk of luck with Luke falling there. As for Jerran, in his three races he gated he won, the three he didn't gate, well he came last, highly exciting..."

Er because they are both still basically very young NL riders doing better on a track that isn't there own than a few riders more experienced or home rider Sundstrom.

Yes Kennet best rider on show, Neath and Bowen as expected also looked contenders, but thats hardly a shock at Rye is it!

Anyway enough of this i'm past caring, got those post season weather is crap blues

I also thought that despite the bad crashes the track did well and was better than it has been in months.

That must be why Len apologised both before and after the meeting about the condition of the track – it was poor! :rolleyes:

Clearly the best crowd of the season and if the Promotion let themselves down anywhere it was no meeting reserves

I should hope it was the best crowd – the only meeting on and the last one of the season.

I do agree that reserves should have been in place and indeed a 16 man format.

Craig Saul did say he was feeling jaded after his heat one crash, even if he didn't what else would he be feeling jaded about?

The party he was at the night before? :P

I agree that meeting reserves should have been there
:approve:

As for Jerran, in his three races he gated he won

Come on Ben – take those rose tinted glasses off - every other rider that gated; won there races. Jerran is still very young in the sport, finished 5th overall and on the way beat Linus Sundstrom twice, Chris Neath twice, Stevie Boxall and Paul Hurry – Not bad for a youngster in only his 2nd year of racing, don’t knock him just because he can gate. :wink:

As for Luke he was the highlight of the evening

Sorry have to disagree – Eddie was by far the best on the night – Luke has improved this year and is a true team man – unlike other Rye riders.

All told a decent nights entertainment on a difficult track to round off the season.

Passable nights racing for my last fix of the season

What can I say, the stay-a-way fans missed probably the best racing of the season, several superb races.

Oh dear Ken, I will put this down to you having to stay loyal and of course selling dvd's :blink:

Haines non appearance was very disappointing and with the Wolverhampton dinner and dance being last night who knows?

The heat 1 crash was nasty and best wishes to Schramm after he came in late and withdrew from a very nasty hand injury.

Very pleased to see Hughes on the podium as he said he was so unlucky in the NLRC, if hes not a Rocket in 2010 what else does he have to do.

Personally thought it was great to see Kennett back to his passing ways at Rye and thought he was the best man on show despite not winning!

Totally agree with you Ash - nice to see a much unbiased view

Can I get somewhere heat details and full results?

had it on very good authority that Mr Bridger was due at the Mildenhall Awards party last night ... and he did make it ... and to all acccounts .. was seen doing handstands outside the bar !!!

now tell me he hurt his hand in that heat one accident !

hats off to all the "other riders" who gave it there best shot on a track that to me was no where near fit to ride ...

Very mixed comments about the track, was very grippy on the outside and described by Bowen as the best he's seen at Rye :rolleyes:

Can I get somewhere heat details and full results?

Luke Bowen, 2, 3, 2, 2, 3, tlt. 12

Lewis Bridger 1, Withdrawn tlt. 1

Olly Allen, 3, 1, 2, 2, 2, tlt. 10

Chris Neath, 2, 3, 3, 2, 2, tlt. 12

Jordan Frampton, 1, 1, 1, 3, 2, tlt. 8

Kyle Hughes, 2, 1, 2, 0, 1, tlt.6

Steve Boxall, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1, tlt. 8

Paul Hurry, 0, 2, 2, 1, 1, tlt. 6

Jerran Hart, 0, 0, 3, 3, 3, tlt. 9

Eddie Kennett, 1, 3, 3, 3, 3, tlt 13

Linus Sundstrom, 3, 0, 1, 0, 0, tlt. 4

Chris Shramm. Withdrawn

Heat 1, Sundstrom, Bowen, Bridger, 57.1

Heat 2, Boxall, Hughes, Frampton, Hurry. Awd.

Heat 3, Allen, Neath, Kennett, Hart. 56.7

Heat 4, Bowen, Hurry, Frampton, Hart. 57.8

Heat 5, Neath, Boxall, Hughes. 57.8

Heat 6, Kennett, Hurry, Allen, Sundstrom. 57.4

Heat 7, Neath, Bowen, Frampton. 58.0

Heat 8, Hart, Hughes, Sundstrom. 58.9

Heat 9, Kennett, Allen, Boxall. ???

Heat 10, Hart, Neath, Boxall, Sundstrom. Awd.

Heat 11, Frampton, Allen, Hurry. 59.1

Heat 12, Kennett, Bowen, Boxall, Hughes. 58.8

Heat 13, Hart, Neath, Hurry. 59.7

Heat 14, Kennett, Frampton, (Sundstrom EF) 59.2

Heat 15, Bowen, Allen, Hughes. 59.9

Semi 1, Bowen, Kennett, Frampton, Hart.

Semi 2, Allen, Hughes, Neath, Boxall.

Final, Allen. Kennett, Hughes, Bowen Fell

[quote

Oh dear Ken, I will put this down to you having to stay loyal and of course selling dvd's :blink:

not at all, if i thought it was crap I would say so, no point in bluffing those that were there, but i actually enjoyed it for a end of season meeting.

Luke Bowen, 2, 3, 2, 2, 3, tlt. 12

Lewis Bridger 1, Withdrawn tlt. 1

Olly Allen, 3, 1, 2, 2, 2, tlt. 10

Chris Neath, 2, 3, 3, 2, 2, tlt. 12

Jordan Frampton, 1, 1, 1, 3, 2, tlt. 8

Kyle Hughes, 2, 1, 2, 0, 1, tlt.6

Steve Boxall, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1, tlt. 8

Paul Hurry, 0, 2, 2, 1, 1, tlt. 6

Jerran Hart, 0, 0, 3, 3, 3, tlt. 9

Eddie Kennett, 1, 3, 3, 3, 3, tlt 13

Linus Sundstrom, 3, 0, 1, 0, 0, tlt. 4

Chris Shramm. Withdrawn

Heat 1, Sundstrom, Bowen, Bridger, 57.1

Heat 2, Boxall, Hughes, Frampton, Hurry. Awd.

Heat 3, Allen, Neath, Kennett, Hart. 56.7

Heat 4, Bowen, Hurry, Frampton, Hart. 57.8

Heat 5, Neath, Boxall, Hughes. 57.8

Heat 6, Kennett, Hurry, Allen, Sundstrom. 57.4

Heat 7, Neath, Bowen, Frampton. 58.0

Heat 8, Hart, Hughes, Sundstrom. 58.9

Heat 9, Kennett, Allen, Boxall. ???

Heat 10, Hart, Neath, Boxall, Sundstrom. Awd.

Heat 11, Frampton, Allen, Hurry. 59.1

Heat 12, Kennett, Bowen, Boxall, Hughes. 58.8

Heat 13, Hart, Neath, Hurry. 59.7

Heat 14, Kennett, Frampton, (Sundstrom EF) 59.2

Heat 15, Bowen, Allen, Hughes. 59.9

Semi 1, Bowen, Kennett, Frampton, Hart.

Semi 2, Allen, Hughes, Neath, Boxall.

Final, Allen. Kennett, Hughes, Bowen Fell

Many thanks :)