British Speedway Forum
Scunny Stag

Christmas Cracker Speedway Meeting - 27th December 3pm

I take those points, however, the buck stops at the top, in my opinion, as per 13.7 - "At a Meeting all Officials are subject to the authority of the Referee..."

Yes I can see McGregor giving the Clerk of the Course a flea in his ear, but when it comes to the report of what went on, it's the referee that controls the meeting....

Yes that's true. However if the track staff fail to do their job and if it's true that none of them helped Barker when his bike went on fire then they have no business being there and should be shown the door never to do the job again.

jerran can let him kno just exactly what newports official webmaster is saying about him

Didn't Jerran Hart ride for Newport before joining Newcastle? I wonder if there is some "previous" that lies behind all this animosity?

Edited by uk_martin

Didn't Jerran Hart ride for Newport in the tail end of 2007? I wonder if there is some "previous" that lies behind all this animosity?

None from me whatsoever. I thought he was talented when he rode at Newport in 2008 before we shut.

I just seen the BSPA site this morning and thought he would of been chuffed to of finished second instead of unhappy he didn't win.

Lets be honest, how many riders with a below 4 point average go into meetings like this expecting to win?

Just a few controversial comments by myself blown completely out of proportion but that happens all the time on this forum nowadays. If your not in with the forum clique licking peoples behinds then you get shot down in flames.

Yes you

Wanna..............with all due respect (cause I dont know you).........what really is wrong with a rider wanting to win a meeting whatever his race, religion, age, average etc?

Lets be honest, how many riders with a below 4 point average go into meetings like this expecting to win?

Maybe not that many but how you can criticise someone for going into an individual meeting (any Speedway meeting for that matter) with an all-out determination to win baffles me.. :shock:

Your comment that Jerran was never going to win looks more than a bit daft considering he came second...!!! :rolleyes:

So you thought the comments were laughable did you wanna?......well the comment I made certainly wasn't meant to be funny.

You keep posting about his poor preperation, do you have any evidence? I saw his bikes close up before the meeting and they were faultless. Fires happen, split fuel pipe in the cold, slight miss-fire etc can set them off. So please enlighten all of us as to where Barker went wrong.

Ok Buster Keaton , We all know how ben and the Keystone cops are the ultimate proffesionals , and by the way , what a lovely chap Ben himself is , Whoever it was who has impersonated Ben at Cardiff the last 2 years , trying to start fights with people too old to fight back and generally behaving in a disgraceful manner should be ashamed of themselves , as for the state of his equipment , you should not mistake the shiny new chrome etc. of a profesional riders equipment for good preparation , thats done days/weeks before in the workshop,not five minutes after arriving at the track for a meeting

i was the one who passed ben barker the fire extinguisher ...i help out at the track on the odd occasions but due to working shift , been a single parent & riding amateurs / practise .. im not always available ... but fight the good fight for scunny speedway as & when i can ..... so i am sort of staff :wink:

regarding the fire .... well its one of those things that happen rarely ... carbs flood .. spill on hot engines & whoosh

i was in two minds whether to pass him the extinguisher or go sit by his bike :lol: ..... i was frozen like everyone else

can't see why folk have a problem with a rider disappointed being second ... he must have felt confident he could have won it ... but he's young enough to win many more meetings .... and good luck to him

well the comment I made certainly wasn't meant to be funny.

No, but it was absolutely correct.

Jerran's average is unimportant as he has far more talent than that figure suggests.

Edited by colincooke

Jerran's average is unimportant as he has far more talent than that figure suggests.

Correct CC.

Not seen his signature on a contract at Brandon for 2010 yet mind you :lol:

I agree Colin as Jerran's 139 points over his last 17 meetings (info. taken from the Christmas Cracker programme) indicates. He is indeed a fine prospect.

Edited by WembleyLion

Yes that's true. However if the track staff fail to do their job and if it's true that none of them helped Barker when his bike went on fire then they have no business being there and should be shown the door never to do the job again.

First time of reading that I thought that it may actually have been a defence of Jim McGregor, but then I thought, No! Can't be! Not from a speedway fan who's witnessed him in action.

First rule of first aid is "never become a casualty yourself". Now this isn't first aid as such, but "first point of help" maybe. Without fire extinguishers, what else could anyone do that wouldn't endanger themselves? Dunno, wasn't there, but we did have something similar at Perry Barr earlier in the 2009 season, so I can picture what went on. (We did have a fire extinguisher to hand though) Bear in mind what someone else said that you can't always see flames that come from burning methanol.

So whose job was it to take the fire extinguishers to the starting gate? Slapped wrists!

Who was that person's supervisor? Clip around the ear hole!

Who was the person looking directly at the starting grid from a point facing directly opposite, all meeting long, who didn't notice their absence? Who was is "supreme control of the meeting"? Kick up the backside, and an invitation to take early retirement!

I had to laugh at Jerran Harts comments on the BSPA site.

"I came here to win but 2nd is a good effort".

Who on earth does he think he is? He was never going to win that field. Yes done well no doubt but to say what he said just made me laugh.

Wonder if Niels Kristian and Mads are worried about his presence for the Classic on Sunday?

Lol, try Jerran Hart at any other track in the country and he doesn't stand a chance. Think he should try and step it up to the elite league. That'll bring him down a peg or two!