British Speedway Forum
Scunny Stag

Christmas Cracker Speedway Meeting - 27th December 3pm

I believe C. Mills is the other rider... as read from the Scunthorpe telegraph 2.12.09 completing the line up of 16.

the family have just been invited to the brother in laws in chesterfield on 26th and 27th.i think its about 50 mins from scunny.how goods that!!! :lol::lol:

Will there be a few Edinburgh supporters coming down to see the new PLRC?

Wouldn't call myself an Edinburgh Supporter, but I do visit the Dale most weeks.

I'll be down with my Mum, Dad and Sis.

I'll be the one with the kilt on (weather permitting :wink:)

Wouldn't call myself an Edinburgh Supporter, but I do visit the Dale most weeks.

I'll be down with my Mum, Dad and Sis.

I'll be the one with the kilt on (weather permitting :wink:)

Bloody hell,a kelt in a kilt at the EWR in December,dont forget your beach ball and Wind break :wink:

Bloody hell,a kelt in a kilt at the EWR in December,dont forget your beach ball and Wind break :wink:

Chances are it'll be warmer than up here :lol:

Who will be replacing Josh Auty in the line up ?

If this weather doesn't change soon then I presume the guys will be using ice speedway bikes !

Any news on the track for Sunday? Has it been affected by the snow/frost? I know that its too snow a bit up here in Bonnie Scotland before the end of the week, anybody got any idea of local weather for Scunny?

I fear the kilt may not make an appearance after all :(;)

Just a bit more news from our telegraph regarding the xmas cracker. Info on what's happening and a few changes to the line up. Hope it helps. http://www.sportscunny.co.uk/headlines/God...il/article.html

weather updates can be found here, http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayfor...horpe&day=5 still cold so the scots/northerners-be warned(warm clothing required lol)

5 or 6 degrees? Thats warmer than our summers :lol:

Thanks for the info though, glad to see that they are confident off it continuing

Edited by Big Dave

the family have just been invited to the brother in laws in chesterfield on 26th and 27th.i think its about 50 mins from scunny.how goods that!!! :lol::lol:

quicker when the roads are quiet !!!

Anyone fancy a quiz after the racing - teams of 3 or more in the BAR - £5 per team - xmas goodies for the wiining team - prob 25 questions and all profits to Scorpions STING ! Rider's fund - The more the merrier

Please post if you are up for it !

Now on www.scunthorpespeedway.com

Ashworth, Barker, Irving and Roynon join Cracker line-up

PLRC winner Ricky Ashworth, Coventry’s Ben Barker, Workington’s Adam Roynon and the Henderson Insurance Scunthorpe Scorpions’ number eight Gary Irving have been added to Sunday’s Christmas Cracker line-up at the Eddie Wright Raceway. Sheffield Tiger Ashworth, who will double-up in the Elite League with the Belle Vue Aces in 2010, and Roynon, who will be racing for the first time since injury nine months ago, are the latest to step in to the line-up after Barker and Irving were announced in today’s Scunthorpe Telegraph.

The foursome have replaced David Howe (still recovering from a broken ankle), Ritchie Hawkins (having an operation to remove steelwork from his leg), Josh Auty (extending his stay in Australia) and Dutch rider Benjamin Borgers but promoter Rob Godfrey is understandably still very excited by the assembled field. “It is very difficult to get riders for these out-of-season meetings. Most of the foreign riders are back home whilst many other riders haven’t got bikes built up. That said I think three of the late additions, Ricky Ashworth, Ben Barker and Adam Roynon are genuine contenders to become the very first Christmas Cracker champion. When you add Kevin Doolan who is one of the best riders in the Premier League, four Scorpions (Carl Wilkinson, Joel Parsons, Simon Lambert and Jerran Hart)and two former Scorpions who have each held the track record (Andrew Tully and Richard Hall) you have a very strong field”.

“We’ve also got Jordan Frampton who is another Premier League heat-leader whilst Edinburgh’s new Hungarian rider, Jozsef Tabaka, is setting out on Christmas Eve to get to the meeting. People might question Gary Irving’s inclusion but he definitely deserves his chance. He is a brave rider who rides our track superbly and I feel sure he will claim a few scalps on Sunday”.

“We have a motorway blade on site plus four tractors to work on the track if necessary and we won’t think twice about working every day, including Christmas Day, if we need to get the track in shape. I’m sure that after all the Christmas indulgence we will produce the usual feast of great speedway for the country’s speedway fans. However, if anyone is concerned about the weather on race day then there is a new phone number to call. It is 07752-215291”.

Sunday’s meeting starts at 3pm with admission set at £15 for adults, £13 for concessions, £4 for children aged 10 to 16 and free admission for Under 10’s.

Full line-up (with 2010 teams where known):

Ricky Ashworth (Belle Vue)

Ben Barker (Coventry)

Luke Bowen (Rye House)

Kevin Doolan (King’s Lynn)

Jordan Frampton

Richard Hall (Sheffield)

Jerran Hart (Scunthorpe and Mildenhall)

Gary Irving (Scunthorpe)

Simon Lambert (Scunthorpe)

Chris Mills

Joel Parsons (Scunthorpe)

Adam Roynon (Workington and Peterborough)

Jozsef Tabaka (Edinburgh)

Andrew Tully (Edinburgh)

Brent Werner

Carl Wilkinson (Scunthorpe)

Reserves:

Richard Franklin (Scunthorpe)

Adam Wrathall (Scunthorpe)

Edited by Scunny Stag

Forgot to add that the eight-page programme is just £1

I will probably be here for this, really cant wait! :D

Roll on Sunday :approve:

Edited by bandits_4_life