British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Who Can Be World Champion 2010 ?

The usual shortsighted people going for the usual favs!! :blink: joadjroo is getting n e a r e r the mark, in some places imo :wink:

Edited by Starman2006

The usual shortsighted people going for the usual favs!! :blink: joadjroo is getting n e a r e r the mark, in some places imo :wink:

Cannot see RH finishing last though. By using the same maxim I decided NP should win, Rh was the third best rider in the final 5 2009 GPs.

We all know what Polish referees are like even down to today and there is no doubt in my mind that the meeting was contrived to produce a Polish world champion

If you look at the race-off between Szczakiel and Mauger, you will see that Szczakiel got an evident rolling start. Undoubtly, the referee helped him beat Mauger. But then on the other hand, Szczakiel scored 13 in the regular races and beat Mauger in heat 8 as well. Apparently Poles are known of bending rules in any matter but Szczakiel still had to ride his 6 races and take advantage of all the cricumstances around him.

Besides, Szczakiel wasn't a newbie at that time. He managed to beat all the world top riders two years prior to that final in Chorzow together with Wyglenda in World Pairs Final (I think it was in Wroclaw).

It's been documented the way Szczakiel was treated by the Polish authorities

I think it was typical for Poland at that time. There was a favourite and all the efforts to get a world champ was directed towards him.

But then Szczakiel's career ended because of serious crash with Jarmula during a league meeting and not authorities' actions. Apparently, you can place blames on the authorities for disappearance of Szczakiel after 1973 as he never got into world final again...

What a shame that the 'abuse' in his homeland which destroyed a great rider (I'd not heard that about his face-to-face record against Mauger but that does tell a story...) is still being repeated today by some failing to recognise his very significant achievements..

Even bigger shame that these who repeat today are usually Polish... especially extreme Gollob fans proving in thousand ways that Szczakiel's victory was just lucky.

Edited by Dexter

At this stage in the year only offering 1/3 the odds a place, 1-2 you can keep that. Although i could have been very interested even at this stage on one price had they gone 1/4 the odds a place 123, which is what they should be doing!! :wink:

If you want to take 5/2 about Sayfutdinov at this stage some 9 1/2 months before the conclusion thats up to you, meaning your moneys tied up for that period of time, and he still has to win it for you to pick up!!

Edited by Starman2006

Lindgren, if he can bring elite league form into gp could be worth a tenner eachway.

:lol::lol:

Surely they missed a 0 off Harris's odds?

Baffled how Woffinden can be shorter odds than Bjerre, Bjerre is proven to be a decent GP rider, Woffinden will have to perform a miracle to be top 3 never mind WC.

Baffled how Woffinden can be shorter odds than Bjerre, Bjerre is proven to be a decent GP rider, Woffinden will have to perform a miracle to be top 3 never mind WC.

I would say that woffy at 25 -1 is maybe the worst bet in the history of sports betting .

I would say that woffy at 25 -1 is maybe the worst bet in the history of sports betting .

i do recall emil being 40/1 for the prague gp last year and he went and one that. i personally dont think tai is as good a rider as emil at the moment but any thing can happen in speedway. :wink:

i do recall emil being 40/1 for the prague gp last year and he went and one that. i personally dont think tai is as good a rider as emil at the moment but any thing can happen in speedway. :wink:

You dont reckon that tai is not as good as rider as emil at the moment ? are you sure :rolleyes:

Woffiden has got as much chance of winning the world title next year as Blazeaway becoming a Liverpool fan .

strange odds in general tbh........ Lindgren's odds are charitable..... and Holder's are daylight robbery considering the usual debut season put in by a rider................ Gollob got a sniff of the title in the final GP last season yet Mr Perennially underachieving Jonsson comes in lower

more to the point... what are the odds of a proper bonafide well run machine inspection process being brought in this season? :rolleyes:

Would be great odds on him getting in a punch-up though, especially with Emil around ! :lol::lol:

Would be great odds on him getting in a punch-up though, especially with Emil around ! :lol::lol:

Be careful moose ...the wolf pack, do godders and pro brits even thou there s**t will be after you :wink:

Edited by orion

Crump or Pedersen to win it for me so based on that you would take Pedersen. For an outsider I wouldn't look past Andersen. I fancy the elbows could be out for Emil this season and he'll probably still be a little too wild at times to sustain a title challenge.

You dont reckon that tai is not as good as rider as emil at the moment ? are you sure :rolleyes:

Woffiden has got as much chance of winning the world title next year as Blazeaway becoming a Liverpool fan .

:approve: