British Speedway Forum

bomber had no choice his air brakes had failed .if he had not bailed out both would have been injured

As you are so conversant with Bombers set up, could you please explain why it is, he can't perform like he should at Coventry?

bomber was the only one to pass in the first half of the meeting so I dont know where you get that from . he also did not finish last and would have probavly have beat anderson uf he had not brought him down

My initial reaction was Bomber bailed off the back of his bike sending it into Anderson. Not hard to see what happened. How could you try and argue that. It is black and white. He bailed out and let his bike cannon into Anderson etc. Ref got it badly wrong.

He did finish last in the re run. The re run he shouldnt of even been in.

Edited by dirt

My initial reaction was Bomber bailed off the back of his bike sending it into Anderson. Not hard to see what happened. How could you try and argue that. It is black and white. He bailed out and let his bike cannon into Anderson etc. Ref got it badly wrong.

He had to bail out as he was out of control due to HA clipping his right elbow. Watch the re-plays that show all the incident.

He had to bail out as he was out of control due to HA clipping his right elbow. Watch the re-plays that show all the incident.

Maybe you shouldnt hang your elbow out like that, asking for a rider to hit it. He basically took him down with a flying elbow. Clean your goggles.

First of all, well done Bjerre!

Sad to say tonight was the first time ever that I changed channel while watching a Grand Prix meeting. I watched the first 8 heats before giving up on the "entertainment" served from Ullevi, to change to the ice hockey World Championship match between Denmark and Finland (congrats to the Danes for beating Finland by a stunning 4-1 score).

Hope for a better one from Prague in two weeks time. Usually not a track that produces particulary good speedway either, but perhaps it's better to see it live at the track. Marketa, here I come! Anyone knows when the practise starts on that Friday in Prague?

Maybe you shouldnt hang your elbow out like that, asking for a rider to hit it. He basically took him down with a flying elbow. Clean your goggles.

Where was Harris supposed to put his elbow? Maybe he could of left it in the changing rooms. All riders have their elbows sticking out a bit going into a corner as they need to move their weight to the front of the bike. If HA had of pulled that move off it would have been pass of the season. It went wrong and a crash happened. That's racing.

First of all, well done Bjerre!

Sad to say tonight was the first time ever that I changed channel while watching a Grand Prix meeting. I watched the first 8 heats before giving up on the "entertainment" served from Ullevi.

You should have stuck with the GP, it improved greatly when the track dried up.

As you are so conversant with Bombers set up, could you please explain why it is, he can't perform like he should at Coventry?

Ive seen bomber in some fantastic races at brandon , its only a matter of time before he returns to form ,give him a chance and you will see . hes still number one at coventry and always will be this season

Ive seen bomber in some fantastic races at brandon , its only a matter of time before he returns to form ,give him a chance and you will see . hes still number one at coventry and always will be this season

Looking forward to seeing him at Blunsdon monday as he's always so very exciting to watch at the Abbey

Where was Harris supposed to put his elbow? Maybe he could of left it in the changing rooms. All riders have their elbows sticking out a bit going into a corner as they need to move their weight to the front of the bike. If HA had of pulled that move off it would have been pass of the season. It went wrong and a crash happened. That's racing.

Its a bit hard to pull it off, when you get hit by an elbow then shortly afterwards get slammed by an abandoned bike at full tilt. Harris should of at least tried to stay on the machine. What he did was bail off which doesnt look good at all. But he managed to convince the ref and got the call so he did well. Pity he got what he deserved in the re run and got last. I wouldnt care at all about this decision as its racing and mistakes happen, but for Holder to get ripped off so badly it is hard to accept.

Yes, well done Kenny!

Pausing it on Sky plus it appears Harris put his elbow out to stop Hans getting past, which caused the accident.

Rubbish . the accident happened when Hans cut in front of him . bombs could not stop so to avoid a collision bailed out .Bombers actions saved them both

Its a bit hard to pull it off, when you get hit by an elbow then shortly afterwards get slammed by an abandoned bike at full tilt. Harris should of at least tried to stay on the machine. What he did was bail off which doesnt look good at all. But he managed to convince the ref and got the call so he did well. Pity he got what he deserved in the re run and got last. I wouldnt care at all about this decision as its racing and mistakes happen, but for Holder to get ripped off so badly it is hard to accept.

Are you Hans Andersen?

Holder got what he deserved another duff performance

I've seen Bomber in fantastic races at Brandon too. As for his form, it's inconsistent to say the least :rolleyes: . Coventry are now on their 3rd season with him wearing the team captain badge and No 1 status, as in 2008, 2009 and now 2010. It's not the best of starts again is it? ( I feel like I'm repeating myself)...So what's the excuse now?.........

GP's ???? He can't even perform at home!!!! :lol:

The bailing off bit was self preservation.The pair of them were unbalanced/out of control and Harris had no choice. I was surprised that there wasn't more incidents like that tonight. Holder will have his GP win before too long.