British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bubble

Magnus Zetterstrom In Gp Series

Guest bubble

I know people will say he deserves to be in the series but do you honestly think he will make an impression.

I personally feel he will be totally out of his depth. What do you all think? :oops:

I know people will say he deserves to be in the series but do you honestly think he will make an impression.

I personally feel he will be totally out of his depth. What do you all think? :oops:

Personally I simply say give the guy a chance, he worked hard to get there and is in on merit, not one of the contentious wild card picks. If he fails then so be it, people cried out for a qualification system and now they have one with all that it entails. People cannot have it both ways, complaining about the selection system, then suggesting that Lindback or whoever would be better than a genuine qualifier. I rather hope the old boy makes an impression, but there have been more fancied riders than him that have failed, Zagar and Kasprzak spring readily to mind :wink:

Agree, lets see how he does. There is no way to predict how any rider will fair

until the series starts. Zorro has rightfully earned his place and will no doubt give

it everything he has on track.

Good Luck to the fella.

He earned the spot and so deserves to be in. I doubt he'll stay more than a year but his qualifcation is the cinderella story we used to get regularly in the good old days of a world final. Go break some hearts Zorro!

Edited by SteveEvans

I am a fan of MZ and on his GP qualifier gritty performance I see no reason why he should not competitive. This year's lineup does look stronger this time but I do not think he will be out of his depth. He may well not be challenging for a top 8 finish but I do not think he will finish last.

i agree, he wont be out of this dept, im sure he ll be better that some the riders that get in year after year without quilifing who do nout all year, and piss it up the nite before ( hey mr harris) , or getting the top 8.

Zorro deserves his chance as do any other riders who qualify. Before the start of last years GPs people were saying that Kenneth B should not be in the series but he certainly was up for it and did very well.

As others have said he has every right to be in the series, more so than Chris Harris who has never qualified for the Grand Prix (before or during his time in the series).

JT.

i'm another who will be shouting for Zorro this season........ I like a good underdog story .....and the qualification process must be backed and protected

We had a few guys like him before whose place among the tops was somehow unexpected... Jirout, Chrzanowski, Ferjan (much younger than him though) who ended up poorly or John Jorgensen and Tony Kasper who actually did pretty good job in a few meetings.

Speaking to Magnus a while ago whilst he was in poole on Business, i do know that he's going to enjoy it, and he will be prepared for it. But one thing he has in his favour, he can Gate, and somewhere like Cardiff, you need to make the Gate!! He has nothing to lose, and everything to gain!

Wheather you think that Mangus should be in the GPs or not. He earned his place by right by qualifying unlike some other riders who got wild card pick

Zorro will do just fine. He won't be in a final, but he won't be tailed off stone last. Capable of beating almost anyone on his day, and won't go there just to make up the numbers. 6 points a meeting is acheivable, and on occassions more.

It all depends on the definition of 'impression'

We he win it , NO

Will he win a GP, NO

Will he finish in the top 3 overall, NO

Will he qualify for next year via his GP finishing position, HIGHLY UNLIKELY

Will he score some points , YES

Will he finish last, MAY DO

Does he deserve his place, YOU BET HE DOES, HE QUALIFIED!

Like other's have said, he qualified for it fair and square, and he's always been a decent rider - I think he can make a decent go of it and score points. Not all of the rider's in the GP's can be the very top, and anyone that has the skill to qualify should have the skill to do something. You can never tell, give him a chance.