British Speedway Forum

hang on a second thats just not the way it is.

we have backed rory solidily over the last two years, he has, im he will admit, massivley underperformed over that period.

fans and the team have kept faith, this season is his turn to return that faith, or he could end up a janirro figure, lots of talent but not the application to do it.

the team itself will perform weel this year as long as bomber and rory step up to ther potential, if they dont the team will do nothing.

at the end of the day and as long as the poster on this forum goes through the turnstiles then he/she has every right to complain about all riders performance.

I agree with you, what I am highlighting is that Chris Harris has been given more faith than Rory Schlein. I could go through and multi-quote some of the stuff said about Rory, but you can go through yourself. You know it is true. Rory is more talented than Billy Janniro, and has shown that in application already in my opinion. Unfortunately, he will never have the popularity of Billy Janniro. I think the fan's frustration may come from his performance at Glasgow to his performance at Coventry, it shows he is more than capable of mixing it with the best.

You also agree with me, that for Coventry, both Bomber and Rory need to step up to their potential. When I say Bomber, there is a backlash in his defence. Not so for Rory. With the right support, injury free, Rory will do well.

I think the fan's frustration may come from his performance at Glasgow to his performance at Coventry, it shows he is more than capable of mixing it with the best.

What frustration? Nobody really commented on the Glasgow score because most of us saw that meeting for what it was, a pointless meeting to Coventry yet a great chance for Glasgow to claim they beta EL opposition. You only have to look at the Glasgow/BV and then the BV/Edinburgh results when it mattered to know that. Nobody has slagged off Rory, he's a decent 3rd heat leader and on his day a very good second heat leader, he's bloody frustrating though at the best of times!

Billy Janniro was liked because he was a character on and off track. Rory on the other hand is not exactly that is he? his riding styles not all that exciting either while Billy Janniro was pretty exciting when he was riding well. Nobody has ever claimed Billy is better than Rory and being good dos not automatically make you more liked, in fact over the year I reckon I've liked more lesser riders and underdogs than I have top men TBH.

Not the greatest meeting but an enjoyable social for me, meeting Sandie, 21stCH and Lucifer Sam for the first time as well as seeing the usually Cov massive :wink:

Hoping for better weather in a couple of weeks when I return :)

Not the greatest meeting but an enjoyable social for me, meeting Sandie, 21stCH and Lucifer Sam for the first time as well as seeing the usually Cov massive :wink:

Hoping for better weather in a couple of weeks when I return :)

God Im dim at times (no comment from the cheap seats!!!)

Im sat here thinking - I didnt meet anyone new on Friday - just our normal group, maybe its Mummy Jo??

No, MummyJo doesnt live in Fakenham and then the penny dropped.

See how quickly you fitted into the group - didnt class you as a first timer at all!

Good to meet you too and hope the bed wasnt to uncomfortable x :unsure::wink::lol:

And I introduced myself as Bagpuss too :P

Dropped off very quickly and slept like a baby so the bed must have been fine :D Thank you for putting us up!

Not the greatest meeting but an enjoyable social for me, meeting Sandie, 21stCH and Lucifer Sam for the first time as well as seeing the usually Cov massive

Ooops amid all the on-track excitement I forgot to say it was nice to meet you. Hope to catch you again next time you're over this way. :)

Next Friday mate :wink: