British Speedway Forum

i have a suspicion that it might be busy, just like the gp challenge which was ridiculled on this forum but was probab;ly the biggest crowd outside of the gp and play offs

If someone from Poole had posted that about a meeting at Wimbourne Road we'd be taking the piss now. Also, nobody said the GP Challenge wouldnt attarct anyone, just it wasn't worth £25 for that line up. Having heard how boring it was I'm still not convinced it was worth £25 :P

actually the meeting was quite enjoyable, dpending on where you stand!

the main point is if we can get old supporters back into the ground thats gotta be good surley?

at the moment the core supporters are "happy" to see the elite teams but support is not growing, so once we pop our clogs i suspect that will be the end of the sport, unless you can get some new blood through the gates, if the top stars turn up and say 1000 extra turn up even if only 10% then come back again then it was worth it.

i just get the feeling that both the promoters and the supporters have "given up" on ever getting big crowds and are just managing down

the main point is if we can get old supporters back into the ground thats gotta be good surley?

at the moment the core supporters are "happy" to see the elite teams but support is not growing, so once we pop our clogs i suspect that will be the end of the sport, unless you can get some new blood through the gates, if the top stars turn up and say 1000 extra turn up even if only 10% then come back again then it was worth it.

i just get the feeling that both the promoters and the supporters have "given up" on ever getting big crowds and are just managing down

not far wrong there mate & time promoters started promoting.

Having heard how boring it was I'm still not convinced it was worth £25 :P

He's being sarcastic because he missed it.

i have a suspicion that it might be busy, just like the gp challenge which was ridiculled on this forum but was probab;ly the biggest crowd outside of the gp and play offs

That certainly was an amazing night ! :approve:

The russian? Sayfutdinov? where does it say this?

....... to swindon & somerset. :wink:

....... to swindon & somerset. :wink:

yep - according to the BSPA

Not to Brandon unfortunately

yep - according to the BSPA

Not to Brandon unfortunately

It is a little odd tho' that his mechanic Pawel was saying he was doing no UK meetings a few weeks ago.

Chris Holder added according to the Bees site. I'm waiting for them to announce the dross, this is speedway, it has to happen soon, right?

im not a big fan of coventry but enjoyed the gp challange and the line up for the brandonapolis is looking decent.im getting tempted but what with rye swindon and somerset i need to count the pennies :unsure:

Well I think it's great Hans Nielsen has been tempted out of retirement to ride in this meeting :wink:

Check out the actual rider list in the advert in this week's Speedway Star! First name, bottom row.

Just need Olsen (not Jacob) and Knudsen added now!

Friday 19 March 2010

COVENTRY Speedway can confirm that Season Ticket Holders will be able to gain admission to the Brandonapolis on Friday, March 26 for the price of a regular Elite League fixture. Season ticket holders should enter at their usual window with their season ticket as normal.