British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Statman

Somerset Rebels 10 Year Anniversary Meeting

Get there 30mins late, you won't miss much and you will never get to see the Russian for £13 again.
It'll be bearer 45-60 minutes late though. I won't be leaving the Midlands until 5pm, with a 7.30 start I'd risk it, with the 7pm start it's just never going to happen.

Even though Crump and Emil are at Swindon the night before (possibly for a higher price)

Emil has also previously rode in Britain anyway I remember him in blue and yellow kevlars back down at Rye for World Under 21's even if this wasn't his first meeting.

Still a massive coup yes :lol:

He's also raced at Cardiff and Coventry.

It'll be bearer 45-60 minutes late though. I won't be leaving the Midlands until 5pm, with a 7.30 start I'd risk it, with the 7pm start it's just never going to happen.

Serves you right for moving from Gods country :wink::lol::P

Getting in a little practice is he, bully for him!!

:rolleyes:

Ain't that the right attitude then Blazeaway? :D

He'll be on tv every fortnight once the old GP series starts anyways, probably giving 100% more effort than he will at Somerset!! :D

He'll be on tv every fortnight once the old GP series starts anyways, probably giving 100% more effort than he will at Somerset!! :D

Nothing like being bitter though eh?

A bit harsh. What has he ever done to you apart from being part of the GP.

Can't be arsed/doesn't need to race in our lowly league of course!

Edited by Trees

Can't be arsed/doesn't need to race in our lowly league of course!

I think it's great that one of the world's best riders lines up in such a meeting. Well done to Somerset. It gives the fans an opportunity to see him, one they wouldn't have if they don't travel to the GPs.

Would you be saying the same if he appeared at KL?

There's a patten forming.... Trees (KL fan whinging on here)... Screamer (KL fan) doing a bit of whinging on Ben Fund thread... :rolleyes:

Yes probably. Of course the promoters are gonna use him if at all possible to pull in a bigger crowd ..................... maybe ;) I sometimes think that perhaps they should give the boys who want to/are committed to racing over here the season these extra meetings though instead of those who can't possibly fit our insignificant speedway league into their schedule!

There's a patten forming

I'm not whinging just putting forward my point!

Edited by Trees

Yes probably. Of course the promoters are gonna use him if at all possible to pull in a bigger crowd ..................... maybe ;) I sometimes think that perhaps they should give the boys who want to/are committed to racing over here the season these extra meetings though instead of those who can't possibly fit our insignificant speedway league into their schedule!

That's right, get a lineup full of riders who are going to coming to the OTA in a few weeks time with their British team, what an exciting thought that is :blink:

If I wasn't to attend Cardiff this year, it's very unlikely I'll see Hans Andersen, Jason Crump, Emil Sayfutdinov other than on Sky, aswell as the likes of Ulamek, Walasek, Richardson, Simota etc. That's the attraction to these meetings, having names you don't normally see week in, week out. Not only that, but you need more than just one big name to make a competition of it.

Any one of Andersen, Crump, Sayfutdinov, Richardson (although he was naff the last time he raced at the OTA!), Ulamek or Walasek, plus many more could win this - it's wide open.

I'm not whinging just putting forward my point!

Wish I had a quid for everytime I've heard that, or words to that effect, from a female member of the human race Mother T! :rolleyes: Guess every other male member of this forum, or indeed on this island would too! :wink::lol:

That's right, get a lineup full of riders who are going to coming to the OTA in a few weeks time with their British team, what an exciting thought that is

There are some great riders racing over here and yeah fill the meeting with those from the EL, we have to look after our own, those who want/are making the effort to race here! I don't care who they have, I'm not going anyway, just making a point that's all.

Great field assembled by the Somerset promotion. All credit to them for doing so and especially for keeping the admission price the same :approve:

That's the kind of calibre riders the Pride of the East used to attract in it's heyday. Sadly missed from the KL fixture list IMHO :cry: