British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grachan

That's another fine race you've gotten me in to.

Heat 6 of the 1983 Intercontinental Final was an excellent race between Dennis Sigalos and Ole Olsen. (I'm not so sure that Falcace will enjoy it though!)

:rolleyes: Dirty b*****d, that Olsen :D

Heat 6 of the 1983 Intercontinental Final was an excellent race between Dennis Sigalos and Ole Olsen. (I'm not so sure that Falcace will enjoy it though!)

:rolleyes: Dirty b*****d, that Olsen :D

oh happy days, back then as a kid, Olsen was my hero, (opinion has changed a bit these days!), 83' must have been his last season or thereabouts, just shows he still had it...........

Serious racing though, pleasure to watch, keep them coming Grachan :rolleyes:

You can see who Nicki Pedersen learnt his tricks from :) But dad says all Danes have always been the same, everytime we watch a video and Olsen or Neilsen appear dad starts giving them abuse :) Silly b***** went to Ole Olsens farewell meeting though, despite not liking him at all :)

Yes '83 was Olsens last season, well he had his farewell at Brandon in '83 and the crowd size made the ELRC and the EL playoff crowds look tiny, almost insignificant! Had the forum people been on the 4th bend you'd have not been able to see us as it was so crowded. Intrestingly 20 years later speedway promoters are teling us speedway is getting bigger :)

You can see who Nicki Pedersen learnt his tricks from :) But dad says all Danes have always been the same, everytime we watch a video and Olsen or Neilsen appear dad starts giving them abuse :) Silly b***** went to Ole Olsens farewell meeting though, despite not liking him at all :)

Yes '83 was Olsens last season, well he had his farewell at Brandon in '83 and the crowd size made the ELRC and the EL playoff crowds look tiny, almost insignificant! Had the forum people been on the 4th bend you'd have not been able to see us as it was so crowded. Intrestingly 20 years later speedway promoters are teling us speedway is getting bigger :)

Bit of a travesty comparing Olsen with Pedersen, whatever my thoughts on Olsen now, he was a serious class act, Pedersen is not in the same class............, with regards to your dad, what is it about old men & disliking success, my old man was the same :unsure:

Joined the army in '83, so missed the big one so to speak

i think Olsen was focused,.. a bit macavellian.. the ends justify the means just like all world champs. there wasnt at the time anyone tougher back then,.. and he would just as soon stick an oponnent in the fence as look at him.. bottom line.. great. ;) realise i am not Politically Correct in my view, but he really was tough, and talented..

By the way there was a meeting at Wimbledon which was held as part of the world games quite a few years ago , absolutely blinding race between Alan Grahame and John Cook, two real hard chargers.

You mean this one?

1984 World Team Cup. Heat 15 - USA need to win the heat to set up a last heat decider. If Denmark win the heat they are champions. Bobby Schwartz and Tommy Knudsen.

Grachan, you are an absolute star, another classic : :approve:

Tommy K was some talent, got to be up there with the best never to have won a world title & an absolute stalwart for the Bees

Wonder what he's upto these days?

Tommy K was some talent, got to be up there with the best never to have won a world title & an absolute stalwart for the Bees

Hopeless at wheelies though! I remember him celebrating a win at Swindon on one wheel, completely overdoing it and falling off the back. I think I've got it hiding away somewhere. I'll have to dig it out.

It even made 'What happened next?' on Question of Sport!

Hopeless at wheelies though! I remember him celebrating a win at Swindon on one wheel, completely overdoing it and falling off the back. I think I've got it hiding away somewhere. I'll have to dig it out.

It even made 'What happened next?' on Question of Sport!

Yup, did it at Brandon aswell, over the line, as he was still attached to his bike at the time he still got the 3 points, I think he gave them up after that :rolleyes:

1984 World Team Cup. Heat 15 - USA  need to win the heat to set up a last heat decider. If Denmark win the heat they are champions. Bobby Schwartz and Tommy Knudsen.

Good race, but Boogaloo was really asking for that to happen. B)

Don't suppose you could do us a favour Grachan and dig out Muller v Morton v Gundersen from the 1981 World Team Cup Final - now that's racing. :D

Edited by falcace

Don't suppose you could do us a favour Grachan and dig out Muller v Morton v Gundersen from the 1981 World Team Cup Final - now that's racing. :D

Just before my time with a video unfortunately - the first thing I recorded was the repeat of the 81 World Final which I think was after the season ended.