British Speedway Forum
rhidassa

National League Four Team Tournament

Reported on the BSPA Today:

THE draw has been made for the National League Four Team Tournament which takes place at Mildenhall on Sunday, June 6 at 5pm.

National League co-ordinator Peter Morrish said: “These shared events always provide great entertainment and I’m sure this will be no different.”

GROUP ONE: King’s Lynn, Dudley, Isle of Wight, Rye House.

GROUP TWO: Weymouth, Buxton, Mildenhall, Bournemouth.

-

I look forward to attending this, but it's a rubbish date - I can't use my free tickets to see Rage Against the Machine at Finsbury Park now! :(

Hopefully will be such a good meeting I'll forget all about RATM..

PS Couldn't see a thread for this anywhere else, my apologies if it does exist.

Edited by rhidassa

Wotno Hornets?

Plymouth,Newport & Scunny are the three missing sides... An issue of travelling I guess for Plymouth & Newport to some extent; though IMHO, the 'stand-alones' (ie including the Devils) should take priority in an event which by definition has to limited to just 8 out of the 11 NL sides..

Newports best National League team in a long time and they aren't there it just doesnt make sense. Not very often any team at Newport gets an opportunity to win a trophy.

Have to agree Newport Hornets have been doing very well this year. I'm not sure how the draws made?

Plymouth,Newport & Scunny are the three missing sides... An issue of travelling I guess for Plymouth & Newport to some extent; though IMHO, the 'stand-alones' (ie including the Devils) should take priority in an event which by definition has to limited to just 8 out of the 11 NL sides..

For the best NL team not to be included in this event is a complete farce (unless of course they requested not to be included, which is almost certain not to be the case).

Shows why this sport is such a farce.

That said, Atkin, Kurtz, Jones and Newman/Webster would wipe the floor with any other 4 in the NL so at least its now an even field.

I was planning to attend this, but apparantly I've got to take the other half to Newport to see them take on the Berwick Bandits on that date :angry:

For the best NL team not to be included in this event is a complete farce (unless of course they requested not to be included, which is almost certain not to be the case).

Shows why this sport is such a farce.

That said, Atkin, Kurtz, Jones and Newman/Webster would wipe the floor with any other 4 in the NL so at least its now an even field.

Disagree... Smith, Hughes, Owen and Strudwick would wipe the floor with those... I agree it does seem unfair that stand alone sides miss out.

Edited by Shadders

Disagree... Smith, Hughes, Owen and Strudwick would wipe the floor with those... I agree it does seem unfair that stand alone sides miss out.

No chance!

Smith and Hughes are better than our top two of Atkin and Kurtz but I'd take Newman and Jonesy over Owen and Strudwick anyday of the week.

Any 4 out of Cook, Wright, Allott, Morris and Branford...

The 4s will belong to Buxton this year

As everybody else is having a go, i'll throw our hat into the ring! We'll probably have Smart, Anderson, Franklin and either Armstrong or Taylor as our four which is as good as anybody else IMO but i would say that ;)

Jerran Hart will be riding for Scunthorpe at Glasgow that day which should mean that he'll be missing from the Mildenhall side. After being at the British Under 21 Semi Final at Mildenhall, it's going to be one hell of a squeeze fitting forty riders and bikes into the pits area.

As everybody else is having a go, i'll throw our hat into the ring! We'll probably have Smart, Anderson, Franklin and either Armstrong or Taylor as our four which is as good as anybody else IMO but i would say that ;)

Jerran Hart will be riding for Scunthorpe at Glasgow that day which should mean that he'll be missing from the Mildenhall side. After being at the British Under 21 Semi Final at Mildenhall, it's going to be one hell of a squeeze fitting forty riders and bikes into the pits area.

i agree with ya willp :D

Jerran Hart will be riding for Scunthorpe at Glasgow that day which should mean that he'll be missing from the Mildenhall side

Which means Mildenhall's 4 will be seriously weakened and contain just one heat-leader.

Given that Bates has left and I'm not sure Matt Wright will have joined in time to be eligible - guess the Fen Tigers line up could be:

Evans, Priest, Rayson, Jacobs (or Wright if eligible).

As others have said, there are some strong quartets that will potentially be on show, with Rye and Buxton looking particularly strong.

BSPA you are a laughing stock, please explain how you put this tournament together???????

Which means Mildenhall's 4 will be seriously weakened and contain just one heat-leader.

Given that Bates has left and I'm not sure Matt Wright will have joined in time to be eligible - guess the Fen Tigers line up could be:

Evans, Priest, Rayson, Jacobs (or Wright if eligible).

As others have said, there are some strong quartets that will potentially be on show, with Rye and Buxton looking particularly strong.

Matt Wright rides for the Art and Stitch Fen Tigers this coming Sunday so am sure there's no doubt he'll be eligible for the Fours... A big shame (and a blow...) if - as seems certain - Jerran can't make it...