British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Noodles

Cheap Air Horns For Cardiff & Swc

I was in my local Wilkinsons today and noticed they are selling 'England' air horns for just £1.95. Just thought it might be of interest to people who want to buy air horns for Cardiff & SWC and don't want to pay over-inflated prices.

Edit - Poundland are selling the same 'England' air horns for £1!

Edited by Noodles

I was in my local Wilkinsons today and noticed they are selling 'England' air horns for just £1.95. Just thought it might be of interest to people who want to buy air horns for Cardiff and don't want to pay over-inflated prices outside the stadium.

Thanks for that Noodles :)

Be saving about a fiver per air horn :shock:

I don't know what they did last year, but the year before they were searching everybody for air horns before entering the stadium, you could only use the airhorns that were purchase in the stadium, and they were alot more expensive than the ones that they were selling outside the stadium.

I don't know what they did last year, but the year before they were searching everybody for air horns before entering the stadium, you could only use the airhorns that were purchase in the stadium, and they were alot more expensive than the ones that they were selling outside the stadium.

Bleedin' disgrace... I'll be smuggling my drink in this year and certainly won't be buying anything to eat in there... I refuse to pay the over inflated prices they charge in the Millenium Stadium... I couldn't believe what they were charging for a simple bottle of water AND they removed the cap before allowing me to walk away.

I don't know because I didn't have one but are you sure they weren't just checking they weren't the gas/inflammable ones which are banned? The others are okay. Best make sure which ones Wilkinson's are selling before buying. Even if they are cheap they'll be no use if you can't use them. :wink:

Bleedin' disgrace... I'll be smuggling my drink in this year and certainly won't be buying anything to eat in there... I refuse to pay the over inflated prices they charge in the Millenium Stadium... I couldn't believe what they were charging for a simple bottle of water AND they removed the cap before allowing me to walk away.

They remove the top so you cant throw it at the officials(football mentality)

I wouldn't have thought that they can't legally stop you from taking in anything that is available inside the stadium. i know the cinemas don't like it, and have tried to stop me, but I always make a fuss. The answer is to stop ripping people off, and make the prices for all items the same as outside the stadium.

An idea for those who want to take in airhorns. Shove them up your bums, because that's where they will end up if I get blasted by one.

Edited by srbramble

I don't know because I didn't have one but are you sure they weren't just checking they weren't the gas/inflammable ones which are banned? The others are okay. Best make sure which ones Wilkinson's are selling before buying. Even if they are cheap they'll be no use if you can't use them. :wink:

I concur - I think you are correct.icon_smile_wink.gif

And as for the food and drink argument - rip off I agree but I think it says on the ticket - only food and drink purchased on site can be consumed. So, you knew about it before you arrive. Still doesn't stop me trying also.

Dont agree but they cover their 'ar*ses'.

Dont agree but they cover their 'ar*ses'.

What i try to take in may be covering my ar*e too.cool.gificon_smile_wink.gif

Seems in the stadium rules this year they are not stating about particular types of air horns on their rules page as in previous years,and the info can only found on the event ticket.

Anyone care to look on their ticket,if they have received it yet and see what it says?? Certainly a couple of years back it was only ones with certain safety markings that were allowed in-Ours was checked and deemed ok.

Interesting to see no Flags,banners,flagsticks or Poles supposedly allowed although its said that for a few years as well :) I am assuming Gollob will get in.

12. Fireworks, flares, air horns, smoke canisters, laser pointers, bottles, glasses, cans, large flags or flagsticks, banners, poles, and other articles or containers - including any which could or might be used as a weapon - are not permitted within the Stadium. An exemption may be granted to permit the use of air horns in respect of certain classes of event. In such a case, details will be printed on the event ticket.

Edited by Nevs

I have been to Cardiff every year and have always taken my own air horns - I have never once had them taken off me. I have been searched going in and had food and drink removed but the air horns have always been ok.

I tried to Google them for more information but couldn't find much, but these look like the sort of 'England' air horns Wilkinsons are selling: Google Air Horns

Edited by Noodles

If anyone lives near a B&M store they have airhorns, the same as Wilko's, for 99p.

B & M??

B & M??

They are much like Home Bargains and I went into the one in Hanley today where they had these Air Horns on sale along with other ENGLAND merchandise like Inflatable balls, hands and flags.

They have a store in Stafford on the Queens Retail Park but I'm not sure if they are Nationide or mainly Staffordshire / Cheshire based ?

They have a store in Stafford on the Queens Retail Park but I'm not sure if they are Nationide or mainly Staffordshire / Cheshire based ?

Nope as we have quite a few in South Yorkshire, as for airhorns, I'll probably be buying one beforehand this year and if need be I can hide it in my bag, if they're that bothered, they are a bit of a rip-off inside the stadium.