British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Stokie052

Stoner Loosk To Be Going To Honda

Lorenzo on the red bike me think

Lorenzo on the red bike me think

That would be an interesting move, but if I were Yamaha, I'd try my best to keep Jorge on board and if I were the man himself, I'd try and stay put. It's interesting that it was Rossi who wanted the data sharing stopped and yet in the last 2 races it's he that has been struggling for a good race set up. Lorenzo seems to have learned a lot in the last 12 months and now with the help of his new manager, is reaping the benefits. As far as Yamaha is concerened, Jorge is the future and they would do well to hang on to him.

On the other hand, if Ducati offered me an absolute fortune.................

I'm just reading Rossi's book; "What if I had never tried it" and in it he criticises Ducati for having an attitude similar to Honda, ie the bike is everything, something that helped force Vale to move to Yam, so I would think that unless that has changed since 2003, then Valentino wouldn't be seen dead on the red bike.

On the other hand, if Ducati offered him an absolute fortune................

Edited by czechhero

Rossi I am sure admitted in an interview last year that at some point in his career before he finishes, it would be a 'dream' to ride for Ducati. And really, if anyone can that the Ducati flying, the goat (as nicknamed by Colin Edwards) is the one to win a world championship with it. Rossi will leave Yamaha I think at the end of this year, soon as in late 2009, he gave Yamaha an ultimatium about him or Lorenzo..... but alas, we'll find out in due course.