British Speedway Forum

What a load of rubbish. If this was only ever meant to be a regular ELRC, fair enough, but the fact the BSPA have bigged this up as something different, what an utter disappointment. Doubt I'll bother.

Agreed... Doubt we'll bother going now either!

Agreed... Doubt we'll bother going now either!

Who did ya want to see in it then/who would have persuaded you to go to it? This attitude doesn't give those riders who can be bothered to race in GB much incentive does it? Not that they probably wanna do the meeting anyways!!

Who did ya want to see in it then/who would have persuaded you to go to it? This attitude doesn't give those riders who can be bothered to race in GB much incentive does it? Not that they probably wanna do the meeting anyways!!

Agree with Trees.

Fair play to the likes of Hans Andersen Chris Harris Etc who have ridden here and fitted in the meetings when the so called GP stars chose not to. I am more than happy to watch a representative meeting of this kind with riders who have bothered to entertain the British public all year. It would have been criminal to see some of the lesser lights cast aside so that some of the big boys could earn even more money at their expense

Edited by westhamboy66

For me it's more the fact that this was proclaimed to be something that it isn't that has made me decide that i shan't be going.

if it was advertised as being just the top EL rides right from the start my opinion would be different.

As it is i would rather use my £20 to pay my respects for being a fantastic servant to the sport in the UK to Mr Leigh Adams the following day.

Edited by colincooke

I shouldn't imagine the crowd will be affected by the missing moaners anyway :rolleyes:. I couldn't give two hoots whether NP, blah blah etc aren't coming. It's an opportunity for me to go and see Bomber and Kasper in the final competitive meeting of the season and hopefully see another trophy on it's way back to Brandon.

Edited by Jacques

For me it's more the fact that this was proclaimed to be something that it isn't that has made me decide that i shan't be going.

if it was advertised as being just the top EL rides right from the start my opinion would be different. As it is i would rather use my £20 to pay my respects for being a fantastic servant to the sport in the UK to Mr Leigh Adams the following day.

Colin Cooke's post has pretty much summed up why we won't be in attendance, like Silver Bee's post. It is a good line up, but they never originally advertised it as an ELRC meeting, but now that is what it is. They may as well have just said it was the ELRC in the first place and be done with it.

Trees, Rune Holta for a start is at Leigh's farewell the following day.

WHO will take Zagars place as the SLovian champs final round is also on the 16th :blink: Maybe he will race in the ELRC but i think its a very slim chance!!! Why was he the only eastbourne rider to be named in THE ELRC LINE UP when every other club has 2 riders?!!

WHO will take Zagars place as the SLovian champs final round is also on the 16th :blink: Maybe he will race in the ELRC but i think its a very slim chance!!! Why was he the only eastbourne rider to be named in THE ELRC LINE UP when every other club has 2 riders?!!

Because....

you have'nt got 2 decent riders :blink:

its the ELITE (league) riders championship, not the 2nd string which is what you have apart from Zagar.

Because....

its the ELITE (league) riders championship, not the 2nd string which is what you have apart from Zagar.

:lol::lol: But surely it should be the first 2 in the clubs averages,poole could have their entire team there then!! :blink: (dont tell SS i said that!!)

Edited by speedy den boy

:lol::lol: But surely it should be the first 2 in the clubs averages,poole could have their entire team there then!! :blink: (dont tell SS i said that!!)

In a Ideal world... yes I agree, but cant do a format to run 18 riders.

I would rather see the best 16 average riders in the league rider, no matter what team they come from.

On last nights form, Leon Madsen and Doyle would clean up first and second :lol:

Because....

Ouch!! :lol:

To be fair Kylmakorpi's average is higher than PK's, the same as King's and only just short of Woffinden's. It's not too far off Shields' either.

Cheap rebranding to get out of the numerous drop outs, the ELRC hasn’t been a ELRC for years.

Trees, Rune Holta for a start is at Leigh's farewell the following day.

Fair enough, Leigh has been a good servant to british speedway when a few in his position dropped the british league or never bothered with it in the first place, he's had his six penneth worth for it though I dare say! Hope you enjoy the day.

Colin Cooke's post has pretty much summed up why we won't be in attendance, like Silver Bee's post.

Perhaps in one way it should make you want to go more, to support the boys who do race over here cos obviously the Big Kahuna GP riders/Polish/Swedish drawcards couldn't be bothered to race for you, the british fans!!!!!

Perhaps in one way it should make you want to go more, to support the boys who do race over here cos obviously the Big Kahuna GP riders/Polish/Swedish drawcards couldn't be bothered to race for you, the british fans!!!!!

Nope :P I'll save some of that money for the NL KOC final on the 27th :wink: