British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
davidba

Gniezno V Daugvapils

I think i'm recovered enough from a bug/sunstroke i picked up in Poznan and will be able to fly out again this Sunday for the short hop from Poznan to Gneizno.So as usual i will ask if anyone has been there before but also any tips on whats worth doing in Gniezno,seems to have some pretty old churches/buildings? I'm staying there in the Starej Kamienicy Hotel(Couldnt get into the one on the track).

Really looking forward to seeing Daugvapils in action with their 3 under 21 finalists A.Laguta,Bogdanovs and Tarsaenko on show as well as my favourite madmen Laguta senior!So no injuries at Gdansk the night before please.Both teams doing well so should be good racing,looked ok when i saw the streamed meetings from there earlier this season.

Good luck David - I'm jealous of all your jaunts.

I've been to Gniezno a few times - it's a pleasant enough town, with a main square and very big church or 2. Gniezno was (a long time ago) capital of Poland, therefore there is quite a lot of history there.

The speedway I've seen there has generally been quite good - I hope it's the same for you.

Rico rolleyes.gif

Good luck David - I'm jealous of all your jaunts.

I've been to Gniezno a few times - it's a pleasant enough town, with a main square and very big church or 2. Gniezno was (a long time ago) capital of Poland, therefore there is quite a lot of history there.

The speedway I've seen there has generally been quite good - I hope it's the same for you.

Rico rolleyes.gif

Thanks Rico,though i've just looked at about 10 weather sites and they are all predicting some amount of rain on Sunday,so it's squeaky bum time!Will lady luck finally desert me on my travels?Please behave weather i've looked forward to this one more than most!

Weather forecasts seem to be getting worse for tomorrow!I'm seriously wondering if its worth dragging my ailing body to Luton Airport early tomorrow morning!

Does the Gniezno track hold up well to rain, have good drainage?Seems like a few inches of rain will fall sometime between now and 6pm tomorrow?

Any reliable weather news appreciated.

Daugvapils.

Mistake

Correctly - Daugavpils, city from the river Daugava

Tarsaenko

Correctly - Tarasenko

14 August in Daugavpils will be the second stage of the Junior World Championship Final. There will be a good race

Gniezno 49 Daugavapils 41:

Great meeting,so glad i ignored the terrible weather forecasts and dragged myself out of bed Sunday morning for this.

When i reached the stadium there was no sight of the promised rain and the track was being heavily watered.

The meeting was full of action,real panto villain stuff with the home crowd judging both Laguta's to be at fault for Kacper Gomolski's 2 exclusions and lots of plastic bottles thrown at both.

As a neutral i thought both decisions were correct,but after's on the track added to the drama and i've rarely seen a meeting where the bikes were used so aggressively,thrown at opponents at each turn, it really mattered out there!

Young Tarasenko couldn't live up to the hype and only got 2 paid 3,but was rarely off the pace.Bogdanovs started like he left off on Saturday, but seemed to tire.Greg Laguta was great entertainment again, though mad as ever, if he's in the GP's next year i gotta go!

Artem showed his class but with Povazhny starting slowly and Puodzhuks and Gieruckis struggling the home sides solidity started to show as the meeting progressed.

Both Jablonski's were better than i remember them and Ljung and Szczepaniak both showed some class and with both Gomolski's chipping in they edged it though got nowhere near the important bonus point.

Started to rain a bit in heat 12 till the end but by then i didn't care, i'd seen a really good meeting when i'd travelled expecting to be dissapointed.

Gniezno itself a nice town and also nicer weather today to wonder round Poznan more.All in all a really nice trip.Next stop;Bydgoszcz 1st August!

Edited by davidba

Next stop;Bydgoszcz 1st August!

Hope I'll also be there :)

Popping to Gniezno on Thursday for an Under 21 meeting at the recommendation of the legend that is Mama. Glad to see only good things written about the track / town here. Looking forward to it.

Hope I'll also be there :)

I will drop you a Pm before i go with my mobile on it and then we can meet up,before,during or after to discuss world speedway if you like!