British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Golden Joker! - Poll And Discussions…

Do you think the Golden Joker is a good idea?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Golden Joker is a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

I have heared that the GDTS is chosen for a rider that is already in that race. He receives the same fee as last year but his double points are not paid. This would mean that he will be racing against other riders he was already programmed to ride against and nobody looses a ride.

On another tac, a rider must lose a ride if the TM replaces them with a reserve. Therefor all riders don't have 4 rides. Yes/No.

:blink::blink::blink::blink:

The Golden Joker (I'm cringeing even writing the name of the damn thing) doesn't start from 15 yards back but from the tapes. To get his double points takes no extra effort whatsoever.

Ah right. I must be getting mixed up with the GDTS. I've lost all track of the (stupid) rules that have been brought in and I try not to get too involved with the rules and regs as it's too complicated these days!

I have heared that the GDTS is chosen for a rider that is already in that race. He receives the same fee as last year but his double points are not paid. This would mean that he will be racing against other riders he was already programmed to ride against and nobody looses a ride.

I read it as being that way as well.

However I too am confused about the rules of the GDTS from 15m. Some promoters are saying that the reason this ludicrous GD rule was introduced was to ensure that all riders had their 4 allocated rides. This surely cant be the case if you have the GDTS off 15m.

Sorry to confuse.

I heard that both Golden Joker and the GDTS is applied to riders in their programmed rides. They are not replacing anybody. In the GDTS the rider starts from 15m behind. Thats the way I heard it.

I heard that both Golden Joker and the GDTS is applied to riders in their programmed rides.

No, a Golden Double Tactical Substitute (as it's name, SUBSTITUTE suggests) means a rider replaces another rider.

eg. Lemon replaced James Mann in heat 14 of Somerset vs Newport in the KoC.

Sorry to confuse.

I heard that both Golden Joker and the GDTS is applied to riders in their programmed rides. They are not replacing anybody. In the GDTS the rider starts from 15m behind. Thats the way I heard it.

If that was the case Tsunami then its effectively three GD's and one rider would be able to have two, albeit one from 15m back

I wonder if the idiots who brought the rule in know yet or if they will just decide at the first meeting it happens in.

You know, going off at a slight tangent, you have to feel for the referees. We all give them stick but is it any wonder they occassionally get the rules wrong when they dont appear to have been thought through or written down in the first place!

Is last years KoC a rider could only take a GDTS ride if he had not had a GD ride. So only one chance to get double points.

Basically 3 different riders had to take the GD/GDTS rides, whether it remains that way, well, we'll just have to wait and see.

Is last years KoC a rider could only take a GDTS ride if he had not had a GD ride.  So only one chance to get double points.

Wrong,Sean,Wilson,Andrew Moore,Garry Stead,Shane Parker and Leigh Lanham all took a GD from the tapes and from 15 meters back in the same meeting during Sheffield's various KO cup encounters.

Atleast they've only allowed two GDs from the tapes instead of three,which I thought was abit much last year even if we did gain from it!

If you want to email Neil Machin look on the official Tigers site.

Certainly Les Collins did both types of tacticals last season at Berwick.

I wonder if people also realise that the reserves MUST take a minimum of 4 rides next season(as reported in Glasgow Evening Times).So quite where you would fit a golden tactical sub in, is anyones guess!!! As I mentioned somewhere else,you will need 3 good heat leaders and a couple of good reserves,you won't need second strings!!!

Now if the Promoters had to pay the rider scoring double points for those double points (get yourself a good Lawyer) I doubt we would ever see the rule used. I can hear the cash box slamming shut as I write this. I will have to get my wife to fill in the program now!

I never liked the golden joker its not like you have to do anything special to get double points ,all you have to do is make the gate it does not make it any more exciting like the golden double were the rider starts behind the others .

And get rid of tac subs I always thought it was quite interesting try to work out were managers were going to bring in tac subs when there were behind .

To discribe it in 1 word PANTS :sad:

I read it as being that way as well.

However I too am confused about the rules of the GDTS from 15m. Some promoters are saying that the reason this ludicrous GD rule was introduced was to ensure that all riders had their 4 allocated rides. This surely cant be the case if you have the GDTS off 15m.

Some promoters are saying that the reason this ludicrous GD rule was introduced was to ensure that all riders had their 4 allocated rides.

From what i heared tonight from Tim Stone this rule was brought in by the EL to keep one team in the EL!!!. before the agm 3 EL teams whated to leave the EL. after Swindon & Arena said they would move up only one whated to leave(all of this due to costs). By the look off it this was an antemt to cut costs. Which is why the PL Ratified it by the look of it. He wouldent say who that EL team was

Hysterical! :lol:

I propose we immediately start a campaign to haveStuart Hall officially appointed head of the BSPA