British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Golden Joker! - Poll And Discussions…

Do you think the Golden Joker is a good idea?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Golden Joker is a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

If you and other EL fans want to try it, fine I repect that but if at the end of the season (or much faster I suspect) you also hate it, please expect an awful lot of I told you sos :P

I can live with that Star Lady. :) If I do hate it I'll be more than happy to come on here and publicly say so and if people want to gloat then whatever makes them happy. I've never been one who's afraid to admit I was wrong. Of course being a woman it doesn't happen that often... :P:D

It's a damned annoying rule if your team is well in front, great for fans of the opposing team tho.

It's got to make matches closer and therefore you would think more exciting but whether it will make the racing closer and have them passing I know not ................ (which is the most important thing to me).

I'm in the enviable position of not really bothering too much if my own team win or not as long as i've seen a good meeting and a complete and utter neutral as far as the EL goes as long as, again, they are exciting tv matches :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Guest Sir Lunchalot

I'm sure smart team managers will find a way around the Golden Joker rule. Look out next year for strange engine failures etc when teams get to 6 or 7 points in front to stop them going 8 points ahead.

I'm very cynical, I believe the rule has been bought in purely for Sky TV. They don't want one sided matches if possible so in comes this rule to potentially give matches new life (and the commentators something else to talk about when matches get one sided).

Shame they can't have one system of scoring for TV meetings and leave the other meetings alone !!

I'm in the enviable position of not really bothering too much if my own team win or not as long as i've seen a good meeting and a complete and utter neutral as far as the EL goes as long as, again, they are exciting tv matches

I agree Trees, I would far rather lose and see decent racing than win and watch processions. The pity is Sky seem to think it's a good meeting if the score is close which you and I both know is absolute balderdash. :mad:

Now there's a thought was this double golden double thing brought it to appease Sky cos it will lead to closer scores and in their eyes closer matches :blink:

If it does stay one big problem I had in the KOC was sometimes did not know when it was been done and therefore messed all the scores up!

You could get to heat 15 not knowing who has won!

Explain that to a new support!

Will probably see the golden helmet cover coming in so we know :D

At least with the tac sub the scores where still equal and with the golden double from 15 yards back you could easliy tell!

It's a damned annoying rule if your team is well in front, great for fans of the opposing team tho.

It's got to make matches closer and therefore you would think more exciting but whether it will make the racing closer and have them passing I know not ................ (which is the most important thing to me).

I'm in the enviable position of not really bothering too much if my own team win or not as long as i've seen a good meeting and a complete and utter neutral as far as the EL goes as long as, again, they are exciting tv matches :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

But....If your team is losing by loads and the tatical works I won't be complaining!.

Nothing to do with wanting it introduced, just nothing against it being introduced - subtle difference and the reason 'people like me and Lanzilla' are probably saying we'll give it a go.

I'm more than happy to give it a go too. :) Though reading some comments on this and other threads reminds me why I gave up using this Forum as a "discussion board" a while ago!! :sad:

bit of a joke,

but like it or lump it its here to stay.

still on ure soap box rabs? :D

We need to find out who supported this rule change and get them to change their minds before the rule is ratified.

Why not ask them why they supported the rule change first - then contemplate - then decide?

Though reading some comments on this and other threads reminds me why I gave up using this Forum as a "discussion board" a while ago!! :sad:

Now that you've been reminded LW, remind us all ;)

If I do hate it I'll be more than happy to come on here and publicly say so and if people want to gloat then whatever makes them happy. I've never been one who's afraid to admit I was wrong. Of course being a woman it doesn't happen that often... :P:D

I'll support that - Rabbit has already been "man" enough to admit publically that she was wrong recently, and all credit to her for doing so :approve:

******LATEST NEWS*****

New Rule from the F.A.

Football's new Golden Joke rule has been developed from the fast growing sport of Speedway.

Your post cheered me up no-end Speedy-Star :lol::lol::lol:

If I do hate it I'll be more than happy to come on here and publicly say so and if people want to gloat then whatever makes them happy. I've never been one who's afraid to admit I was wrong. Of course being a woman it doesn't happen that often...  :P  :D

I'll support that - Rabbit has already been "man" enough to admit publically that she was wrong recently, and all credit to her for doing so :approve:

KEV

If Bunny was man enough ... then I should worry about your eyesight , Kevy.

a very attractive woman you have missed

(par for the course maybe )

mind you her opinion may be spot on :)

Addy - did you not see the inverted commas each side of man?

Even if you didn't, the references to she and her should have given it away!

Indeed she is a very attractive (and intelligent) woman (despite her like/dislike of certain riders ;) ) which hopefully shows my eyesight is fine........................... what exactly is your point?

Addy - did you not see the inverted commas each side of man?

Even if you didn't, the references to she and her should have given it away!

Indeed she is a very attractive (and intelligent) woman (despite her like/dislike of certain riders ;) ) which hopefully shows my eyesight is fine........................... what exactly is your point?

:o

Not like you to misunderstand Mr. Hammond ...

Edited by Addy