British Speedway Forum

Shhhh, it's supposed to be a secret. :wink::P:P

And the racing was a lot better than one or two on here have indicated. It was fine, and actually got better as the meeting progressed.

There was enough dirt on the track to allow racing right up until the re-run of the 28th race, when Lyons changed lines to pass Fisher on the third bend.

All the best

Rob

Ha ha, so you did then...??? It was warm today mate, bet you were sweating like a glassblower :lol:

Ha ha, so you did then...??? It was warm today mate, bet you were sweating like a glassblower :lol:

It's never warm at the showground....... :( Could have done with being in that "fleece" myself...... :wink:

Shhhh, it's supposed to be a secret. :wink::P:P

And the racing was a lot better than one or two on here have indicated. It was fine, and actually got better as the meeting progressed.

There was enough dirt on the track to allow racing right up until the re-run of the 28th race, when Lyons changed lines to pass Fisher on the third bend.

All the best

Rob

Agree there was some decent battles in the final but you can count on one hand the number of passes in 28 heats?? Competitive racing it certainly was but not really entertaining I thought, nevermind a good day it was.

Quite enjoyed the day out all in all - the Showground looks so diferent now to the last time I went

In a good way.....?? :unsure::wink:

No merlin?? The fact was fisher took him out simple, less than ten yards from us

So you were a little under 30ft away?! Not that close really. I was in the grandstand so didn't see too well, from my position (similar to the view of the ref) Fisher shot across (intentional or not i do not know) and Howe bailed out, which was his only option other than going over the fence after hitting Fisher. So it seems the decision was right, whether Fishers motives were malicious or not, only he knows.

Agree there was some decent battles in the final but you can count on one hand the number of passes in 28 heats?? Competitive racing it certainly was but not really entertaining I thought, nevermind a good day it was.

I'd suggest you have more fingers than everyone else on your hands then, there was a fair bit of passing. :lol: I agree though in main the meeting was average, there were some very bright spots though too.

Edited by RocketBen1

It's never warm at the showground....... :( Could have done with being in that "fleece" myself...... :wink:

I'm sure Rob would have had room for you in his... :P;)

So it seems the decision was right, whether Fishers motives were malicious or not, only he knows.

No doubt the decision was right, but if you'd seen the lift Fisher got, that would clear any doubt of it being deliberate or not, he clearly wasn't expecting it and was out of control. An accident, with Howe the innocent victim of the lift.

Rico rolleyes.gif

Disappointed Newcastle missed out on a place in the final. Especially after Rene had done all the hard work to get out in front before his bike let him down.

If he hadn't had a failure we would actually have gone through as winners of 1st semi - ahead of Birmingham.

Track was shocking for the first dozen or so races - I think I only saw 1 pass after the 1st and 2nd bends in the those races. At least it was much better for the final - and there were some good races in that.

I was also disappointed by the racecard in my £4 programme - we had to do enough writing for the final without having to change half the heats in the 2nd semi too.

On the plus side it was good that when there was a delay in one set of semi's (due to falls/injuries) they switched back to the other semi to prevent a delay.

And of course - well done to Birmingham

GET IN!!!!! :approve: :approve:

I'll tell you something my humble pie with Custard was very tasty after being quite negative earlier in the week :oops: . Fantastic Performance, I have to take my hat off to all of them. No more negativity from me. :wink:

UP THE BRUMMIES!!!

I'd suggest you have more fingers than everyone else on your hands then, there was a fair bit of passing. :lol: I agree though in main the meeting was average, there were some very bright spots though too.

I've just re-counted the fingers on my hands and I have four and a thumb on each and I agree with Arson Fire - very little passing. There were a few tussles, well, riders going round fairly close to one-another but not much actual passing. I've witnessed some good meetings at EoES but this wasn't one of them being very close to a bore-fest.

Got the same moans about the programme and the extra quid to park but we'd come prepared and ready to sit out on the bank by the third bend so the £2 extra for the stand wasn't an issue and, in answer to someone who posted three or four pages back there's no extra charge to sit in the stand for Panthers' matches.

Congratulations to the Birmingham Kangaroos for a deserved win but four/five Aussies in a PL team? They looked a good bet when I first saw the team with their old EL campaigners - Lyons usually picked up points off of lower-order riders around EoES and you could always guarantee Johnno would pick up a heat win - just one - a meeting and he didn't disappoint.

I thought Sheffield's beleaguered team performed well getting to the final and it certainly took me back a few years to see Richard Hall and Ricky Ashworth winning heats at the EoES, ditto for Shane Parker.

Not the racing I expected but the weather held up well and for the tenner it cost me it was an enjoyable enough occasion.

Edited by Barney Rabbit

He looked across and saw Howe had the drive round outside and fenced him. The video will prove it..

How awful that you suggest that a rider would deliberately fence another one. Ahhh but wait it's Ryan Fisher.

Yet amazingly we have a different version of the event but this time it's not from a Fisher hater.

No doubt the decision was right, but if you'd seen the lift Fisher got, that would clear any doubt of it being deliberate or not, he clearly wasn't expecting it and was out of control. An accident, with Howe the innocent victim of the lift.

I've just re-counted the fingers on my hands and I have four and a thumb on each and I agree with Arson Fire - very little passing. There were a few tussles, well, riders going round fairly close to one-another but not much actual passing. I've witnessed some good meetings at EoES but this wasn't one of them being very close to a bore-fest.

Got the same moans about the programme and the extra quid to park but we'd come prepared and ready to sit out on the bank by the third bend so the £2 extra for the stand wasn't an issue and, in answer to someone who posted three or four pages back there's no extra charge to sit in the stand for Panthers' matches.

Congratulations to the Birmingham Kangaroos for a deserved win but four/five Aussies in a PL team? They looked a good bet when I first saw the team with their old EL campaigners - Lyons usually picked up points off of lower-order riders around EoES and you could always guarantee Johnno would pick up a heat win - just one - a meeting and he didn't disappoint.

I thought Sheffield's beleaguered team performed well getting to the final and it certainly took me back a few years to see Richard Hall and Ricky Ashworth winning heats at the EoES, ditto for Shane Parker.

Not the racing I expected but the weather held up well and for the tenner it cost me it was an enjoyable enough occasion.

Not sure I understand that ??

Edit : Is it a problem? :unsure:

Edited by Jacques

Not sure I understand that ??

Edit : Is it a problem? :unsure:

I dont either Jacques, Its a bit rich coming from a Panthers fan, how many British riders do they have in their 1-7. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How awful that you suggest that a rider would deliberately fence another one. Ahhh but wait it's Ryan Fisher.

Yet amazingly we have a different version of the event but this time it's not from a Fisher hater.

Since when have I ever posted anything about Ryan fisher before?? Let alone suggest I hate him?? Come on Miss multi quote live up to your billing and quote a post from me about Ryan fisher. As I can assure you there is not a single one so get your facts right please!!.

Re the Fisher-Howe incident.My view from in line with the start,the referee was right behind me,was that Fisher was out of control with the lift he got.I dont believe that it was intentional at all.I think Fisher was rightfully exc/disq.As has been said,Howe was the innocent victim of the incident.

However,my mate sat next to me thought the referee got it wrong,he blamed Howe!

So it all comes down to our own interpretation.At the end of the day,its the referees opinon that really matters.

Edited by BobC