British Speedway Forum
Mateusz

Swc Final, Vojens, 31/07/2010

Remind the last time Gollob throwing ANYTHING!

Heat 3 SWC Final 2010 Vojen's Denmark.

Berating the ref about excluding him when he went down on his own, and THROWING his crash helmet against the pit wall. :P

Ref made the correct decision, and much respect to Bomber for not throwing his toys out of the pram about it ala Gollob!

Absolutely, Chris was very calm and accepted it was racing, even if he was given a little tap, which he was. He admitted his own mistake in changing the gearing so full respect to him.

What worried me more was what the Sky camera's showed, now I appreciate we could not see everything that went on, but first it showed Chris carrying his own bike back, nobody helping him, then Lyons and others looking at the replay and Lyons looked dejected, rightly so, but Lee Richardson was safrican americaning away. That may be something and nothing, but then it showed Chris Harris sitting in the pits looking very dejected and nobody was going over to put a hand on his shoulder to gee him up. There was a lot of talk about team spirit but it seemed lacking from those screen shots. But, a little caveat being we could not see everything so maybe the spirit is there, but they just missed that on screen.

Ashley Holloway looked an arse at the British GP last year for shoulder charging Nichols, but this weekend watching him being interviewed, and walking over to help Chris Harris after his fall he actually comes across an ok and nice guy.

Heat 3 SWC Final 2010 Vojen's Denmark.

Berating the ref about excluding him when he went down on his own, and THROWING his crash helmet against the pit wall. :P

Alright - they didn't show it on Polish telly. Anyway, not throwing anything doesn't make Harris a better rider than Gollob, I'm afraid ;)

Alright - they didn't show it on Polish telly. Anyway, not throwing anything doesn't make Harris a better rider than Gollob, I'm afraid ;)

With you on this one Mateusz..

It shows he has passion and a burning will to win. Prasising someone for calmy accepting things is akin to the old British tradition of "Round of applause for the loser"

Ah, but I didn't say Bomber was a better rider than Gollob. :P Just that he's more of a gent in accepting the referee's decision, when he really had a better cause to complain about being excluded than Gollob did. ;)

It shows he has passion and a burning will to win. Prasising someone for calmy accepting things is akin to the old British tradition of "Round of applause for the loser"

Got to disagree there, Gollob is a genius on the bike, nobody in the present or recent past era can be compared to what he can do on a bike, in my opinion it is his temperment that has seen that elsuive word title slip out of reach.

You can still have burning passion inside, without showing your emotions like Gollob does, and sometimes in the SGP we have seen Gollob allow that emotion to get the better of him, whereby someone that might not show the same emotion on the outside but uses that emotion to his or her advantage in their next performance.

I am a huge fan of Harris, but you can not compare him to Gollob, Gollob is a genius on the bike.

Ah, but I didn't say Bomber was a better rider than Gollob. :P Just that he's more of a gent in accepting the referee's decision, when he really had a better cause to complain about being excluded than Gollob did. ;)

This is the World Cup Speedway Final. No place for 'gents'.

Not at all, but when was the last time you saw a ref change his mind on a decision? Hmmm, thinking about it, it was Gollob throwing his toys out again at the British GP in Coventry some years back. :P

I thought Bomber looked absolutely gutted knowing that he'd just blown the joker and probably any chance of a medal, that in itself showed the passion he has to win.

Hmmm, thinking about it, it was Gollob throwing his toys out again at the British GP in Coventry some years back.

This is the World Cup Speedway Final. No place for 'gents'.

I take it you were supporing the Aussies this year then! :P:blink:

Not at all, but when was the last time you saw a ref change his mind on a decision? Hmmm, thinking about it, it was Gollob throwing his toys out again at the British GP in Coventry some years back. :P

I thought Bomber looked absolutely gutted knowing that he'd just blown the joker and probably any chance of a medal, that in itself showed the passion he has to win.

Hmmm, thinking about it, it was Gollob throwing his toys out again at the British GP in Coventry some years back.

So Gollob gets angry, and is even more determined to win his next... which he does.

Harris sulks.

no matter who you support, or what the track is like... the world cup always delivers top class entertainment

this is brilliant.

So Gollob gets angry, and is even more determined to win his next... which he does.

Harris sulks.

Fair play to Harris.. he won his next :)

Harris sulks.

Yet the result is the same, he kicks arse in his next race and out of all 4 riders looks the most hungry for the win.

Get in there Bomber, true brit, true gent. :D