British Speedway Forum
Mateusz

Swc Final, Vojens, 31/07/2010

Sweden - red

Poland - blue

Denmark - white

GB - yellow

( http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/2010/07/30/dps-polacy-ponownie-na-niebiesko/ )

Line-ups order to be announced after today's practice.

My prediction: 1. Poland, 2. Denmark, 3. Sweden, 4. GB

Edited by Mateusz

Doing a bit of a road trip for this one,then getting back for Newport on Sunday.

Is the any cashpoint machines near the stadium anyone know?

Poland i think are fairly certain,bar a disaster or two of winning this.The other places should,i hope be open.This is GB's best chance for ages of gaining a medal and if they all race to their full potential and a bit better then second place is a possibility.Not a great one mind,but there is a chance.Can't really see Bjerre going through the night without a race win or two on saturday though.But sadly Denmark and Sweden have fallen back a bit and Poland are probably stronger,so there is a gap.Denmark will miss Nicki and they don't in the short term look to have riders that will step up.As much as i have been a fan of Nicolai and Patrick i can't see them and the cheater being big players on the world stage in the next few years.Sweden also don't look to have anyone coming through in the short term......could be a few years of seeing the white eagle with the Fundin trophy.But surprises always seem to happen in speedway

I think that Poland and Sweden are stronger than Denmark are, but the track will be so slick it won't matter so much. I wonder if team GB can get their gating boots on?

JUST wondered if anyone knows do they still have complete track covers at Vojens and if they are still used why couldnt they prepare the track 3 or 4 days in advance.That way just cant blame the weather and the track wouldnt be super slick.

JUST wondered if anyone knows do they still have complete track covers at Vojens and if they are still used why couldnt they prepare the track 3 or 4 days in advance.That way just cant blame the weather and the track wouldnt be super slick.

Think we have had this debate before and by doing that the track sweats and causes other problems.But i am no expert

I think that Poland and Sweden are stronger than Denmark are, but the track will be so slick it won't matter so much. I wonder if team GB can get their gating boots on?

Think thats probably NO

Our boys will want it as much as they other countries, they have experience on their side, come on the BRITS!!!!!

Seems like the Brits will be dead chuffed with a medal, unlike the Danes and Swedes who are there to win. If the poles have a big lead, will the scandinavians take it easy? As Hans said last night "being 2nd is the 1st loser". The Brits dont have that attitude, 3rd would be a massive achievement for them.

Yes Vojens is the only track I think that has purpose designed track covers, they had them specially made last year, cost about £20,000 apparently. Can't just put loads of dirt down though covered up with no watering as would just be load of dust.

Seems like the Brits will be dead chuffed with a medal, unlike the Danes and Swedes who are there to win. If the poles have a big lead, will the scandinavians take it easy? As Hans said last night "being 2nd is the 1st loser". The Brits dont have that attitude, 3rd would be a massive achievement for them.

When you refer to Brits I wonder if you mean the team, from what I saw and heard last night they were upbeat and confident, they all seemed relaxed considering they are in unknown territory. Whatever their mentality I was impressed with how they all came across.

If they ride tomorrow with the same passion that was so obvious at Kings Lynn then I will be happy, if that in turn leads to a rostrum place I will be even happier. If that's what you call settling for less then so be it.

Any sport is/should be about passion for the game, to do the best you can is all anyone can ask, I love my country and I will support any of our sportsmen/women that are prepared to give it their all for the cause.

Team GB, Poland, Sweden, Denmark. And you heard it here first!

The race off was held on Thursday Night,Team GB and Poland practice there today,(according to Sky )that really only leaves what is left of today after practice and tomorrow to prepare the track. Then for the event itself the track will ride completely different than today's practice and maybe even Thursday nights meeting.

Maybe the Poles will have more trouble with the track than people think,to much power = to much wheel spin on Ole's super slick tracks.

I'm going for Sweden to win it with the Danes Second Poland third and Team GB not far of Poland.

Vojens gets a lot of rain, a heavy shower just before it starts would be nice