British Speedway Forum
Mateusz

Swc Final, Vojens, 31/07/2010

Beggars belief that a British citizen would support a foriegn country over their own. Just because your favourite rider is a Dane doesn't mean you should support him in the SWC, If Australia had made the final there would be no way I would support, Noddy, Darcey and Davey over Harris, Nicholls and Stead.

You should be ashamed. I doubt there would be a single Dane, Pole or Swede cheering on the British team over their own nation.

sorry don't feel ashamed. I do like the british riders as well and know some of them but i am outvoted three against one in my household however my husband is american so his team isn't in it.

I'll always support the opposition, so come on Poland.

Niamh.

(Welsh & proud)

That makes sense...

when was the last scottish, welsh or irish rider to represent teab gb?

The make up of the team at any particular event isn't the point, William Lawson is qualified to ride for the team but if the team was England he wouldn't be.

Niamh.

Can anybody tell me why the final is at the same venue as the "Race Off"? It means that the teams who were not good enough to go straight through, get the chance to practise on a slick track on the Thursday. It's about as stupid as the Joker which not only rewards failure but disadvantages not only the team who are 6 or more in front but also a team that could be second but less than 6 points ahead of the team playing the Joker. Why no reserves, if Scottie gets injured first race we may as well go home. Why let Olsen,a name synonymous with boring racing, anywhere near a track for a prestigious event. Brits will not like the ultra slick track and look booked for 4th.

Can anybody tell me why the final is at the same venue as the "Race Off"? It means that the teams who were not good enough to go straight through, get the chance to practise on a slick track on the Thursday. It's about as stupid as the Joker which not only rewards failure but disadvantages not only the team who are 6 or more in front but also a team that could be second but less than 6 points ahead of the team playing the Joker. Why no reserves, if Scottie gets injured first race we may as well go home. Why let Olsen,a name synonymous with boring racing, anywhere near a track for a prestigious event. Brits will not like the ultra slick track and look booked for 4th.

logistics. Joker puts entertainment above pure sport. 1 Reserve should be allowed IMO, perhaps with 1 reserve race with drawn gates to even the gate allocation up. You could argue that no reserves encourages you to fence a rival rider in the early heats. The slick track is certainly a concern entertainment wise but its the same for all teams?

logistics. Joker puts entertainment above pure sport. 1 Reserve should be allowed IMO, perhaps with 1 reserve race with drawn gates to even the gate allocation up. You could argue that no reserves encourages you to fence a rival rider in the early heats. The slick track is certainly a concern entertainment wise but its the same for all teams?

Yes, one reserve each team should be allowed. Let's say with maximum 3 rides to protect strange situations like Gollob at reserve and thrown always against the strongest opponents for example. Would be fair and safe in case of injury.

Well heres a Pom in Oz, its 2.15am, Pompey won their last friendly... the Omens are good....

Beers are cold, awaiting a 3am start in HD....

Lets hope we have a fantastic final with some great racing.... and of course...

Come on England :D

i'd guess its about money. Poland will fill up a stadium for a qualifier and so will GB. If the danes go to the play off then that gets a crowd and so will the final when they qualify.

agree thye joker is stupid unless GB get 6 by using it

the last time we had a reserve i think the Poles claimed an injury. this allowed another rider to take the place of a rider who wasn't going well after 2 or 3 heats. it changed the course of the final which was possibly in Poland.

hope the track has some dirt on it for the final otherwise it will be very boring

Edited by Mark

Danny King was practising with them yesterday. I wonder if they will use him in the final?

Yeah, to fuel the bikes perhaps...

when was the last scottish, welsh or irish rider to represent teab gb?

how can a Norwegian represent Poland

how can a Norwegian represent Poland

Or a Kiwi represent GB. wink.gif

Or a Kiwi represent GB. wink.gif

are you going back 40 years to briggs and mauger