British Speedway Forum
Jez

Which Gp's Are People Planning To Go To??

Difficult to make decision until BSI get organised and state where all the GPs are to take place. eg. Krsko was doubtful, due to lack of money, but has now been confirmed as ok. However, Stockholm, Germany and Poland all provisional at the moment. What a way to run speedway, and these people have the contract for years to come.

Is it me or do some speedway fans just love to moan? Everyone has their faults and BSI are no different but what is the point of focusing on their negative aspects?? why not instead take a step back and look at the wider picture. 8,000 people at coventry in the year 2000 and 36,000 people in Cardiff last year. The series now enjoys healthy sponsorship good t.v coverage and large crowds, surely the good factors BSI bring to the sport outweigh the negative. If Speedway is going to progress at a faster rate it requires all the fans to stop MOANING and be positive.

Maybe im the minority but i personally believe BSI are doing an awesome job and im more than happy the contract is in their hands for years to come.

I did Cardiff and Gothenburg last year. Sweden is VERY expensive and there are only so many things you can do.

This year its Cardiff again and a trip to Prague hopefully for me. Has anyone heard any more about BSI giving out freebie / cheapo tickets to those who went to Gothenburg and couldnt go back the following weekend for the rerun? There was a rumour that we would get tickets to the GP of our choice next season and a programme if I remember right!

Im going to Cardiff and hoping to go to Prague, does anyone know good hotels in Prague??

Thank you hagonshocker.  :D

your welcom emzey!..havent got much choice in the matter!! ;)

btw every single one of em was a quote for which gps i will be attending!!!..not the quality of hotels in prague!

there are quite a selection of good 3 star hotels in prague...the harmony being quite a good one...hotel berlin also wasnt bad...most of these normally start at around 50 quid a nite....but beware prices may go up on gp weekend...if you want to go for it a bit the hotel paris in nice....do a google search and type in hotels in prague and there are quite a few sites with plenty of info.....www.google.com

Im going to Cardiff and hoping to go to Prague, does anyone know good hotels in Prague??

We stayed at the Anna it was ok just out of the busy part of town. The whole town is so easy to get about as the Metro and trams are so good.

Heres some info from last year that was realy helpfull for me:

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/ind...opic=259&st=150

ballinger

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/ind...opic=259&st=105

bartosch

I think I might go to Prague again although they will have the Euro and that seems to push up the prices, I hope I'm wrong.

I fancy Prague as well , especially as Easyjet now fly there from Newcastle which means its easy for me to get to. I watched the Czech GP on TV and the stadium seemed to be quite close to the centre of the city.

I am definatley goin to Cardiff B) ( am gonna be 18 for next year stellas all round) and was really wanting to go to Prauge with my Dad but we would not now how to get around the place and things like that any one who has been there know if it is easy for hotels,transport things like that ?.

SC

They have trams i think , cheap as owt , and im sure there will be plenty of taxis ect , as its a tourist destination. Ive heard rave reviews from workmates who have went there for a break , they all say its a beautiful city and its cheap too , maybe less so when they convert to the Euro. Oh and theres loads of Skodas as well , surely the best of all the VW groups brands... :D lolol Audi?...who are they?

Denmark picked, booked and going.

6.30am flight out of manchester on the friday, returning monday 2.15pm.

4*hotel for £186.00 for 3 nights

:D

This will sound a stupid question but how do u order food and simple things like that are there many english speaking people over there. I want to go to Bydgoz next year as well i think my dad is gonna need a good christmas present to persuade him to let me go there though.

This will sound a stupid question but how do u order food and simple things like that are there many english speaking people over there. I want to go to Bydgoz next year as well i think my dad is gonna need a good christmas present to persuade him to let me go there though.

Carlos,

Everyone (and I literally mean everyone) speaks English in Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Most people in Prague, particularly young people, also speak English to a decent level.

In Poland, English is generally less well understood, although young people usually know some. It's probably an idea to learn a few basic words and phrases if you go there.