British Speedway Forum
Jez

Which Gp's Are People Planning To Go To??

Apart from Cardiff, which GP's are people planning to attend for 2004?

I fancy Gothenburg and Krsko this year for a change. Done Copenhagen and Cardiff last year and fancy a change for my away trip

Apart from Cardiff, which GP's are people planning to attend for 2004?

Prague would be worth going to. It's a fantastic city and reasonably cheap.

Krsko is a real racing track, but in the middle of nowhere, although you could stay in Zagreb (Croatia) which isn't far away.

Personally, I won't be going to any until there's more cooperation from BSI with respect to the disruptive effect on league racing.

Apart from Cardiff me and Madge quite fancy going back to Stockholm this year, beautiful city, just a shame about the price of beer, maybe we should make it Prague afterall :D

If I didn't have an "I want gang" I would go to all of the GP's and World Cups but then again I can't so it just looks like Cardiff for me, what an excellent day out.

I would really love to go to either Prague or Bydgoszsch (sorry about the spelling!) Both great racing and the places look nice too. B):D

Difficult to make decision until BSI get organised and state where all the GPs are to take place. eg. Krsko was doubtful, due to lack of money, but has now been confirmed as ok. However, Stockholm, Germany and Poland all provisional at the moment. What a way to run speedway, and these people have the contract for years to come.

What a way to run speedway, and these people have the contract for years to come.

Yet many people still think BSI are doing a good job!

BTW - Postlethwaite is now getting over GBP 350 grand per year for running the show, whilst some venues struggle financially.

Edited by Kevin Meynell

If I didn't have an "I want gang" I would go to all of the GP's and World Cups but then again I can't so it just looks like Cardiff for me, what an excellent day out.

Snap :(

Going to Denmark, looking at hotels and flights as we speak, any suggestions on cheap websites would be great.

Cardiff there and back in the day now, might as well go abroad for a GP now, Cardiff hotels £100+ per night, went down for 2 nights this year just a little dearer to go abroad.

Czech 04 will not be cheap anymore, there going in the eec next year.

Czech 04 will not be cheap anymore, there going in the eec next year.

You're about 15 years too late for the EEC, and I don't know why joining the EU will make prices go up in the Czech Republic! That country has always had two-tier pricing - if you go to the touristic areas it certainly isn't bargain basement, but just find a local bar and enjoy the ridiculously cheap beer.

Edited by Kevin Meynell

I would like to do Prague my bro in law reckons it has some lovely buildings :shock: I said sod the buildings wheres the speedway track to which he had no idea :sad: So any pointers would be much appreciated please :unsure:

Apart from Cardiff, don't know where I'm going yet. Would like to go to Germany but they haven't gave us a venue yet. Also waiting for definate confirmation on a new job so I'll probably be on a shift system so I'll just go to the ones in between my shift.

Smiles, try Easyjet sometime in December. As for hotels try http://www.totalstay.com/

Jive, Prague is easier than Cardiff. The instructions are on the old site somewhere :unsure: . As for hotels try http://www.athos.cz/

Edited by Joanne

Guest cheetahhawk

Last year we did Cardiff and Prague. :)

Prague was really good and we found quite a lot if interesting places there plus a really good pub/restaurant near our hotel(The Pyramida)which was really cheap.Two of us had a good sized steak meal and drinks and it come to about £9 total.That's what I call value for money. :)

We went on the Travel Plus tour which although it was a little expensive was good value for money. :approve: On the Sunday we had a guided tour of Prague including a boat trip on the river and on the Monday we went on a tour of the Jawa factory which was quite enlightening.

I think we may try to go to Gothenburg and Cardiff this year although I also quite fancy one of the Polish venues,all depends on family issues at the moment.

I'm saving hard as I'd like to do Prague this year. It wont be as cheap now that they are going into Europe but as Joanne says Jive the stadium is easy to find (if only I had gone there when there was speedway on lol)

Forum meet in Prague anyone? :lol:

I want to go to Denmark.

I was going to go and watch the World Cup in Denmark this year but got made redundant in March (Not the best month to lose your job!) So that went out the window soI I may try for the GP this year, they noramlly do deals in the star but as I'm single I have to pay a stupid supplement fee which coats loads. Does anyone know of any great sites that does cheap deals?

I'd also like to go to Poland but that may have to be 2005.

We're spoilt for choice really.