British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMGracing

Garys Resignation To The Usa Dream Team

To all the supporters, my friends both here and across the pond, and riders, I have decided to resign my affiliation with the USA Dream Team. This decision was not reached easily. I have been working on a new project that I feel will better follow my sincere desire to further the growth of American Speedway.

I am grateful for all your valuable support. My vision of the USA Dream Team would not have been possible without it. It has been a great 5 years with the USA Dream Team.

Thank you for helping me along my journey to try to make American Speedway the force that we once were. Although we are definitely not at our goal, we are making great strides towards it. And with your continued support, we will be able to reach it!

Sincerely Gary Gomez

Gary it has been great knowing you, i enjoyed meeting you and Tim along with the rest of the guys, good luck with your aims for the future, you will be a hard act to follow, and to replace, and yes since the Dream Team started, the climb back for American Speedway has slowly begun, I hope we will still see you over here from time to time.

I wish to take this opportunity to publicly thank Gary for all he put into this project since we conceived it sometime in 2003. What is not known or appreciated is the amount of work he did for this and for American Speedway. He never wanted his name in lights but just wanted to get the job done.

On the early tours, he did about 60% of the work on Tour #1 and about 80% on Tours 2 and 3. My own circumstances changed in the last two years so on the last two tours I was able to take on more and the magnificent results of those tours is the result of our combined efforts since 2003.

Just to dispell rumors before someone starts one, there has been no falling out between us and we remain good friends and regularly communicate on speedway matters. After 7 years we both are capable of running this without the other and both have different approaches but each approach gets the job done at the end of the day.

The results of the Dream Team are there for all to see - without it and the efforts not just in the tours but between them American Speedway riders would be pretty much unemployable in the UK. We personally worked with the British Promoters to give American riders a chance on a realistic average and have given riders the stage to perform on to persue a professional career. Right now British promoters are hot on American riders and the only way we will ever get another GP after Greg is to send our best talent overseas. It hurts to lose riders to the UK but it is a necessity in the growth of our sport.

His resignation is not an end but a new start. I do know some of what he is working on though most likely he hasn't dealt all his poker cards but I can say that like the Dream Team and the Hagon Shocks Junior program, it will only benefit American Speedway.

The Dream Team concept will continue and will continue to grow - experience and knowledge of these tours makes the next one better each team and tour #6, whether it was an Evans or Gomez or joint production will surpass the others as they always do.

I'm not sure about whether the Dream Team name will continue or whether I will rebadge it, but the concept is the same. I'm not looking to replace Gary as I'm able to manage things solo but I will, as ever, need a lot of help from our ever increasing group of supporters.

An October tour is still a strong possibility and we have the tracks lined up, we just need enough riders to make it happen. It's down to money the riders have and after a long season in the US many budgets are already overspent.

So, thanks again Gary. We had a blast and changed American Speedway. Priceless.

I know you relish a challenge Gary so the very best of luck in your new venture.

Hopefully we will see you back on these shores again :)

Thanks for the kind words. I am not done in the Uk with Speedway. I love it over there. I am just taking a different road to hopefully get American Speedway back to the top where we belong. It won't happen overnight but believe me when I say we are climbing.

We are hoping to be able to put out a press release in the next couple of days that will out line our new vision.

See you soon. Gary

Thanks for the kind words. I am not done in the Uk with Speedway. I love it over there. I am just taking a different road to hopefully get American Speedway back to the top where we belong. It won't happen overnight but believe me when I say we are climbing.

We are hoping to be able to put out a press release in the next couple of days that will out line our new vision.

See you soon. Gary

Oh Damn!!!! icon_smile_wink.gif

2.gif