British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
potty5

Plaque To Be Unveiled To Crewe Kings

Just thought I'd let forum members know that on Friday September 17 we are unveiling a plaque commemorating the Crewe Kings speedway team. It is to be erected on a wall on the Kings Arms pub, the gateway to the old Earle Street track (top of Rainbow Street). It is to be unveiled by Colin Tucker, who built the famous Earle Street bowl and captained the team in their first season in 1969. He is flying over from Auckland, NZ. Any riders who rode on the track will be welcome and invited to a few beers after. Track staff and supporters are also invited. Thanks, Mark Potts

Just thought I'd let forum members know that on Friday September 17 we are unveiling a plaque commemorating the Crewe Kings speedway team. It is to be erected on a wall on the Kings Arms pub, the gateway to the old Earle Street track (top of Rainbow Street). It is to be unveiled by Colin Tucker, who built the famous Earle Street bowl and captained the team in their first season in 1969. He is flying over from Auckland, NZ. Any riders who rode on the track will be welcome and invited to a few beers after. Track staff and supporters are also invited. Thanks, Mark Potts

Unfortunately the track closed well before I became interested in speedway... Are there any photographs of the track, especially over head shots, available?

Unfortunately the track closed well before I became interested in speedway... Are there any photographs of the track, especially over head shots, available?

Shadders

You missed a real treat the track was massive and probable IMO the fastest ever built in this country lined with railway sleeps it was a frightening experience for any visitors.A real engine breaker and the racing was unbelieveable although the Kings were all but unbeatable at home "Happy Days".

Shadders

You missed a real treat the track was massive and probable IMO the fastest ever built in this country lined with railway sleeps it was a frightening experience for any visitors.A real engine breaker and the racing was unbelieveable although the Kings were all but unbeatable at home "Happy Days".

I never got to see Crewe race due to my age lol but I will be in attendance for this on Friday 17 September.

More details on the linky crewe.tv

Try the site www.defunctspeedway.co.uk and you will find Crewe under C.

Some great pics and articles put together by forum member dantodan. :approve:

Edited by Tsunami